TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2016

Knobbe

Thanks for your replies guys. I downloaded the Brudtopia emulator again and again it was removed by Norton. I haven't had a problem with the ROM except that it only seems to play on the Brudtopia emulator. With any other emulator I get the yellow flag (I hope that makes sense to you). 

I managed to un-quarantine the file for now but I'm not confident it will not be removed again by Norton before long.

Thanks again for your assistance and for all your hard work on the development of the ROMs.

Jer 

Thanks for your replies guys. I downloaded the Brudtopia emulator again and again it was removed by Norton. I haven't had a problem with the ROM except that it only seems to play on the Brudtopia emulator. With any other emulator I get the yellow flag (I hope that makes sense to you). 

I managed to un-quarantine the file for now but I'm not confident it will not be removed again by Norton before long.

Thanks again for your assistance and for all your hard work on the development of the ROMs.

Jer 

When you say it doesn't work with any other emulator, which are you trying?

It works with Nestopia - http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

It works with FCEUX - http://www.fceux.com/web/home.html

These are the most commonly used emulators.

This is great thanks for posting! Just a quick question:

When I load this rom in a emulator it works fine but when I try to load it in my overdrive N8 to play on my NES I get the yellow flag / Offsides screen and can't get out of it. Any thoughts? I would love to be able to play this version on the NES hardware. The other two versions posted by QBVikings: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/404-qbvikings-tsb-2015-2016-season-rom/& Tecmonster: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/425-tecmonsters-tsb-2016-rom/

Seem to work fine on the everdrive, thanks in advance!

Cheers

EDIT (Sorry I just saw the above comments that also address this, any luck on a option to fix?)

Hi.  I am also getting the offsides...yellow flag on my everdrive n8 deluxe.  Is it possible to find a fix to this problem?  There is something in the 2016 rom that is messing up on all flashcarts ranging from dstwo, everdrive n8, and psp nes emulators.   Anyway, I appreciate all the hard work you guys do on these roms.  It's not easy.  I know...I have tried making my own rom lol.  Thanks again.  Glad to see so much interest in tecmo super bowl...the greatest game on earth!  

Hi Davefmurray,

I tried the 2016 ROM with FCEX, Jnes, Nestopia, Nesticle and VirtuaNES. With all of these I received a Yellow Flag error. Sometimes immediately upon openning the ROM other times after the Start screen had loaded. I thought maybe this was a feature built into the ROM to ensure people were using an emulator (brudtopia) that wouldn't allow cheating but that was just a guess. 

I'm now able to play the ROM with brudtopia after restoring it from quarantine. I'm optimistic the emulator file is not removed again by Norton.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm not sure why those emulators haven't worked for me.

Jer 

Hi Davefmurray,

I tried the 2016 ROM with FCEX, Jnes, Nestopia, Nesticle and VirtuaNES. With all of these I received a Yellow Flag error. Sometimes immediately upon openning the ROM other times after the Start screen had loaded. I thought maybe this was a feature built into the ROM to ensure people were using an emulator (brudtopia) that wouldn't allow cheating but that was just a guess. 

I'm now able to play the ROM with brudtopia after restoring it from quarantine. I'm optimistic the emulator file is not removed again by Norton.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm not sure why those emulators haven't worked for me.

Jer 

I just tested and confirmed it works in all of those emulators. Nestopia & Brudtopia are the source.

Hi Davefmurray,

Jer 

Redownload the game

It works the same as any other TSB rom. 

1. Press A at the play select screen to bring up the offensive menu

2. Move the arrow down to CHANGE and press A

3. Move the arrow to the player that needs to be changed and press A

4. This puts a blue arrow next to the player you selected and a white arrow in the team area box.

5. Move the white arrow to the player in the team are box you want to sub in and press A or press B to cancel. 

6. Press b to cancel out of the player change screen.

Thanks for your help, however, when I try this, it goes straight to that players info screen (the one that gives a closeup of his face and ratings. I have played tecmo bowl many times before, this is the first time I have ever had this issue (with this ROM).

Maybe you have a bad controller with start and a shorted together or something wacky.  OR your "start" and "A" button are mapped to the same joypad/keyboard button

You are doing this on the offense menu correct?

The defense check  option will go straight to the player info screen. 

Maybe you have a bad controller with start and a shorted together or something wacky.  OR your "start" and "A" button are mapped to the same joypad/keyboard button

You are doing this on the offense menu correct?

The defense check  option will go straight to the player info screen. 

Yes, the input on my keyboard was messed up, thank you!!

Thanks to all

So first off, just discovered this, and this is awesome.

Secondly, I'm a Bengals fan, and we rock IRL!

Lastly, I managed a 15-1 season with the Bengals in this game but first round of the playoffs I'm struggling against Denver, the computer is pretty awesome. Is this version of Tecmo way harder than the original? Can anyone win a super bowl with the Bengals?

Update: I won the super bowl on the last play of the game against the eagles!

A lot of my plays consisted of me calling a shotgun formation, letting the defense go cover the guys running long, and then just running the ball with Dalton. I could win any game like this. I think I would prefer the game play be tweaked so that they leave a WR open more often. It seemed like they were double covering some receivers and everyone else had a man on them while I was free to run.

Last Update: I think I might have been playing this version of the game which is insane: TSB 2015-16 QBV Juiced.nes2

Edited by paladyr

• 2 weeks later...

Since Tool isn't working with this rom would it be possible to have someone in the know to post what we would normally see in Tool when we hit "view contents" as a text document?  If you don't want to do it because others will steal it and sell it without this site benefiting from it I get that.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...