TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2016

Knobbe

Love the ROM; excellent work.

Not sure if this is a known issue: I'm playing a season with the Vikings and noticed that T. Bridgewater is not showing up in all categories on the NFL Leaders board. He does not appear in QB rating, Comp %, or Attempts. However, he DOES show up in the rest of the categories. I triple-checked in-season player data to make sure he warranted a spot on the leader board in rating, comp, & attempts... After 5 games, I have Bridgewater at a 300+ QB rating with 80% comp % and 62 attempts. The current leader in NFL leaders is Manning with much lower #s in those 3 categories.

Very minor issue obviously, but thought I would let you know. Thanks again for the awesome ROM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only problem I am having is when the after the QB says "ready" the audio cuts out. All other sounds work find except for the "set, hut hut hut" Is this by design? I didn't see anyone else having this problem. Using NESTopia and have tried re-downloading a couple times. 

13 minutes ago, oddtodd said:

Only problem I am having is when the after the QB says "ready" the audio cuts out. All other sounds work find except for the "set, hut hut hut" Is this by design? I didn't see anyone else having this problem. Using NESTopia and have tried re-downloading a couple times. 

By design. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Knobbe, I love this ROM so much that I made a mobile web interface for it. 

Presenting Tecmo Touch 2016 – just in time for Super Bowl 50!

Play it now in your mobile phone browser:

http://joemeeks.net/nes

Working on the hybrid mobile app for iOS & Android now... stay tuned!

portrait-iphone5.pngportrait-s4.pnglandscape-iphone5.png

landscape-s4.png

Edited by TaeKwonJoe
Explanation of target platform and Android Galaxy S4 screenshot

@Knobbe It does fairly well on my older iPhone 5 but definitely laggy on my Galaxy S4 and old iPad2. It should do well on iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6.

I'll work on enabling sound for the next generation of phones.

Thanks again for putting together the ROMs. We should get a Kickstarter campaign going and start a game dev company :) I'm sure there are plenty of people around the globe that would back the TSB annual updates alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So, when I try to run this on my nes classic I get the load screens, however, if I click Start the game freezes with a "Yellow Flag Offsides" message.  I really would like this season, at least I think this was the season for Super Bowl 50.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am new to all of this.

The official website yearly release ROM (ie this one) will not work on donor carts. I believe the creators were upset and tired of seeing their ROM used for personal gain by people on eBay charging exorbitant prices for their product and hard work. If you try tecmo monsters rom, I know his works on the NES classic so should be no issue on the donor carts. Pretty sure the official version ROM is the only one that won't work.

All the other official yearly releases worked for me.  I completely support the creators in their desire to not see others charge for their hard work.  I love playing the releases and was even happier with the NES Classic when I was able to get the yearly releases playable.  I was trying to find the season that ended with Denver's super bowl 50 win.  I ended up just modifying Denver's roster in the next years game and changed Siemian to Peyton and that has been okay.