TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2016

Knobbe

9265cd6384.png

File Name: TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2016
File Submitter: Knobbe
File Submitted: 09 Sep 2015
File Category: NFL By Year

Tecmo Super Bowl is the greatest sports video game of all time. Now, 24 years after TSB made 8-Bit legends of Bo Jackson and Lawrence Taylor, TecmoBowl.org proudly announces the release of Tecmo Super Bowl 2016. This site's 9th yearly iteration updates Tecmo's NES classic with up-to-date rosters, graphics, schedules and play books for all 32 NFL squads. Additionally, you can now check the defensive conditions of your players.

Playable on multiple platforms and operating systems via NES emulation software, Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 brings Nintendo's bone-crunching classic to today's computers and handheld devices.

Will offenses fear Richard Sherman like they feared Ronnie Lott? Who is the more deadly play-caller: Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino? Will Marshawn Lynch live up to the hype? Loaded into an NES Emulator, Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 will make legends for the next 23 years.

Tecmo Super Bowl 2016

Table of Contents
A. How This Works
B. How To Play - PC/Mac
C. How to Play Online - Windows
D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2015 Notes
E. Credits

A. How This Works
If you're new to emulation:
ROM = Game or Cartridge (.nes file)
Emulator = NES System

B. How To Play - PC/Mac

1. Download Nestopia for your platform and also the .nes ROM - ** Windows Here ** ** Mac Here **
  2. Open Nestopia.
  3. From Nestopia, File > Open and find your .nes ROM.

C. How to Play Online - Windows
Setup for online play using our guide - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53066-guide-get-started-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies/. We then recommend starting out at the TPC - http://www.tecmoplayers.com.

Most TPC players use the original Tecmo Super Bowl ROM, but you might be able to find some people playing TSB 2016. Remember that the versions of the game must be exactly the same or you will not be able to connect.

If you’re looking for an online league, we recommend TecmoBowl.org's Online Tecmo Leagues.

D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 notes

• Check Defense condition - In the same location as the time out menu there is now a "CHECK DEF" option which lets you scroll left and right through your players
  • 4-3 Defenses - Several teams employ 4-3 defenses. The "RT" (Right Tackle) will show up as the LILB on the rosters.
  • 32-Team ROM
  • Rosters current as of 9/8/15
  • Adjustable quarter length
  • Playbook editing in-game
  • Player 2 attributes now display correctly
  • Halftime stats
  • Passing Accuracy hack is different from last year. Pass Control determines if a pass will be completed. Passing Accuracy determines if the ball will be on target.
  • Quickness now works. This will be the maximum speed of a defender if they pick up a fumble or make an interception

E. Credits
  • Graphics - Keithisgood
  • Rosters/Attributes/Sim - Buck
  • 4-3 Defense - Jstout
  • Roster QA - Nathan @ Retro4ever.com
  • Promo - davefmurray
  • QA/Rom Merge/Project Coordinator - Knobbe

Thanks to:

• Jstout, Bruddog, Cxrom, Bad-Al & Buck for the hacking knowledge and tools.
  • Members of TecmoBowl.org for helping beta test and for making this all worthwhile.

Based on a work at

http://tecmobowl.org/.

Click here to download this file

View full article

As always thank you Buck, bruddog, jstout, Keith, Dave, Nathan and especially Knobbe for making this site a reality for all of us to play TSB 25 years later!  

So cool.  And, that cover is the best one ever!  (Even if he didn't punch it in to beat the Patriots!)   :cool:

Edited by bruddog

And, that cover is the best one ever! 

Keith designed that on the fly in like an hour on Sunday and I thought it was so good it needed to be the cover. It's mirrored from the game so that the text could be on the left side.

When I try to look up Colin Kaepernick's stats in the Team Data screen, the game freezes.  There might be other bugs here and there in this ROM that causes the game to get locked up.

What emulator are you using?

What does this mean? "There might be other bugs here and there in this ROM that causes the game to get locked up."

Love this game, thank you so much for your hard work. I double checked with nestopia and jnes. Individual player stats for the nfc west appear to lock it up. Also, NFL Leaders such as interceptions and sacks lock up the game if you choose them once you get into season mode. Hope this helps. Again, look forward to this game all year long!

When I try to look up Colin Kaepernick's stats in the Team Data screen, the game freezes.  There might be other bugs here and there in this ROM that causes the game to get locked up.

Yup I see it. I'll fix after my fantasy draft in an hour or so

This has been fixed. Please let me know if anyone else finds any technical glitches.

Hey Knobbe, that latest revision doesn't seem to work for me on Nestopia. On boot I get 'YELLOW FLAG!' and 'OFFSIDE' flashing messages. 

But it's working fine in FCEUX? Earlier player data bugs seem to be fixed. Cheers! 

Working on this

also, "quickness" was supposed to be "coverage".  so, the bruddog "coverage hack" needs to be applied to this rom.  

without the coverage hack (where all pass defense attributes are based on INT), some defenders are too good and some are too bad.  - or at least not what I intended them to be.

like grimes, high INT, medium coverage.  and Revis, low INT, but 75 coverage.  

I recommend update.

also, "quickness" was supposed to be "coverage".  so, the bruddog "coverage hack" needs to be applied to this rom.  

without the coverage hack (where all pass defense attributes are based on INT), some defenders are too good and some are too bad.  - or at least not what I intended them to be.

like grimes, high INT, medium coverage.  and Revis, low INT, but 75 coverage.  

I recommend update.

Noted. This is a tomorrow sort of deal.

also, "quickness" was supposed to be "coverage". so, the bruddog "coverage hack" needs to be applied to this rom.

without the coverage hack (where all pass defense attributes are based on INT), some defenders are too good and some are too bad. - or at least not what I intended them to be.

like grimes, high INT, medium coverage. and Revis, low INT, but 75 coverage.

I recommend update.

No relation to this actual quote, and I hate to nitpick, but Buck. Why no Khalil Mack? The guy is a fucking machine.

http://nflspinzone.com/2015/02/03/oakland-raiders-khalil-mack-praise-not-hyperbolic/

I'm not asking anyone to change this, but perhaps he can find his way into your OG rom?

Edited by brandonj47