FRAPS affect on games

MvG Sports

Hey guys,

Guess I'm just a little paranoid when it comes to recording games...I use FRAPS to record games, I'm not sure what you all use, however do you think recording a game using any kind of device affects anything how the "in game" is played?

I guess I feel like the CPU is a bit easier to beat/less effective, but I'm not sure if there's anything to that or if it's just a coincidence.  Am I just crazy?

Any help or input here is appreciated.  Thanks again and take care.

Trevor

Fraps shouldn't be making the CPU easier to beat.... that may be some user paranoia. If Fraps has any affect, it will be on FPS which can "slow" down games and cause stuttering if your computer can't handle recording.

Fraps is however, going out of "style". Its quality is great but its arch is ancient. If you have an Nvidia VC, you can use shadowplay. There is also MSI Afterburner and Dxtory, which will both run on anything. I've used shadowplay and afterburner; their both easy to use and run very smooth compared to Fraps.