NCAA 2015-16

keirre21

I think we can come to an agreement with a little compromise if this is a collaborative effort.  Keirre's list is a good start as is my list.  BleacherReport already made a Top25 for Week 2 for what it's worth.  They have most of the teams we have.  Well, except for NC ST!   :-D  Keirre, did you go to NC ST?

Do you both have the Phil Steele 2015 Magazine?  If you do, I won't bother posting the position rankings as you have them.  I can make an Excel sheet pretty quick with what he has done.  In my opinion, his magazine is our best source for ranking the positions.  Keirre, do you agree with his work?  If not, what would you use?  In your 2 months of research, what sources were you using?  Was that research for player, team rankings, or both?

I agree with a ton of Phil's research especially his positional rankings

My research:

Phil Steele, Beat writers previews from every school (yes every school), youtube (2x speed) to watch bowl games of the teams I don't see on a regular basis,  what ever I could find about who the wise guys were betting on for over/under win totals

Okay great - that saves time.  Are you dead set on those teams?  I would say Clemson replaces NC State for sure.  Also, maybe another BigTen team replaces Penn State.   I know Penn State may be better by the end of the season but not having Michigan on a college game seems wrong.  I feel the same about Texas.  Sure, OK ST will probably be better at season's end but it's just weird.  Buck may want Kansas State too.  I hope you'd consider Florida over Arkansas for the SEC division.  

Having this group below also means a lot of traditional teams would be left out but I like the idea of 4 maybe.  GA SOU running the Triple Option makes me Tecmo happy even though I'm still bitter they came into the Swamp and shocked my Gators.

1. Boise st- Mountain West Champ
  2. Cincinnati- AAC Champ
  3. Toledo- MAC Champ
  4. Western KY- Conference USA Champ
  5. Georgia Southern- Sun Belt Champ

I'm more apt to put teams that people may not know on the rom than the traditional power houses because roms with those teams have been done a bunch. It will maybe broaden  people's horizons about the sport. I didn't want teams to be on the rom just for the sake of having them on there.

Michigan, Florida, Texas and Clemson all look to be teams who will hover at that 6-6, 7-5 mark. Given a 32 team rom, I thought it would be fitting to give the none power 5 schools some love

Georgia southern runs more of a spread option like Ohio state than triple option. Their coach changed last season, so the days of flexbone triple option are gone. They run a ton of shotgun runs and options.

If you guys can live without the team helmet logos there is no reason you couldn't put out several roms with different mixes of teams. You could do that even if you have one rom that is your "main" rom with helmet graphics

I have some concept notes I jotted down a few years back with a 32 team ncaa Rom. I'll see, if I'm not preoccupied tonight, if I can get around to posting my proposals. My thought would be to have the big time collegiate teams.

We can make the helmet graphics really simple, kinda like my TFL rom. White, light grey and dark grey, for the mini helmets, along with logos. The large helmets we could totally eliminate and just make a nice ncaa, or BCS type logo.

I'm going to go look for my team list now, I'm available. I'll post my concept shortly to see if you guys like it.

Ok found my roster concept. I based it on a more of an all time power ranking throughout the entire collegiate history. Then I placed them in more of a geographical pairing, rather than conferences.

Cal, Stanford, Ucla, Usc

Florida, Fla. St, Mia Fla, Auburn

Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Mississippi

Washington, Colorado, Minnesota, Nebraska

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Texas a@m

Michigan, Michigan state, Illinois, Notre dame

Ohio state, Pitt, Penn state, Maryland

Georgia tech, Georgia, Clemson, Syracuse

These colleges are considered your tops in collegiate history, according to statistical data.

what ever I could find about who the wise guys were betting on for over/under win totals

This almost made me spit my beer all over my laptop!

Elway, I love the idea of an All-Time NCAA Rom and your list is almost perfect.  Although, I agree with Keirre in that I want to do a 2015-16 rom first, well, as long as it has my Gators are on it that is!   

Edited by fatcheerleader

You know what seems to be missing from 99% of the NCAA ROMs that I see nowadays?

Syracuse.

QB:  Don McPherson, Marvin Graves, Donovan McNabb

RB:  Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, Daryl Johnston

WR:  Marvin Harrison, Art Monk, Rob Moore, Quadry Ismail

TE:  John Mackey, Chris Gedney

Not a bad Tecmo lineup for an All-Time Syracuse offense!  Jim Brown and John Mackey some might say the best RB and TE ever.

This almost made me spit my beer all over my laptop!

Elway, I love the idea of an All-Time NCAA Rom and your list is almost perfect.  Although, I agree with Keirre in that I want to do a 2015-16 rom first, well, as long as it has my Gators are on it that is!

My concept wouldn't be an all time greats, it'd be current rosters. You can't really accurately predict whom the top 32 teams are gonna be. We should create a poll and let the fellow tecmoers decide the games rosters??

Who cares if you get them exactly right?    You're right, no one can, but you do the best you can as a pre-season or early season rom.  That's why last year I did mine after the season so it was clear.  I just want to play NCAA TSB now with the current teams. And, I don't see the point of the best schools in history to determine this year's rom but if you made an All-Time rom then that would be the way to go.

I do like the idea of pleasing the TBorg fans of college football, within reason, and make a rom that people want to play because their team is on the rom.  I like Florida, Buck is a Kansas State guy, Knobbe is a Nebraska fan (BYU ouch), and if Baron Von Lector likes Syracuse (poor bastard) then so be it we add them too.  Hell, Keirre can even have his beloved Wolfpack too!   :cool:

Edited by fatcheerleader

Keirre, Buck, Fournette, Others - what do you all think about this rankings?  It's as good as any in my opinion and it has most of Keirre's teams.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2563084-ncaa-football-rankings-2015-week-2-polls-top-25-standings-and-analysis

I'm typing up the data for the positions from Phil Steele's Magazine.  I think we should finalize the 32 teams as soon as possible.  Post people!  :-)

Keirre, Buck, Fournette, Others - what do you all think about this rankings?  It's as good as any in my opinion and it has most of Keirre's teams.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2563084-ncaa-football-rankings-2015-week-2-polls-top-25-standings-and-analysis

I'm typing up the data for the positions from Phil Steele's Magazine.  I think we should finalize the 32 teams as soon as possible.  Post people!   :-)

I urge you not to take a short sited approach and overreact based on 1 weeks of playing, here my list by divisions:

Georgia          Alabama          FSU          Cincinnatti

Ole Miss         Auburn            Va Tech    West Virginia

Arkansas        Texas A&M     Nc State    Western KY

Tenn               LSU               Clemson     Georgia Southern

Ohio State      Baylor             USC            Oregon

Michigan ST   TCU               Arizona ST   Stanford

Wisconsin      Oklahoma      UCLA           Boise State

Toledo          Ok State         Utah              Notre Dame

There are 32 teams with all conferences represented.  I have clemson in (like you guys wanted). You can swap michigan/northwesten in the big 10 and toldeo out if you want but then the MAC has no representative. SEC has 8 teams which is 1/4 of the rom and all those teams are top 25 teams.  They don't need a 9th team

Its a fair representation of the entire 2015 season.

Edited by keirre21

I don't see my approach as short sited by any means as I was just throwing out the link to promote discussion and am open to any team being included.  I would definitely swap Toledo out for Michigan, Northwestern or even Minnesota.  I get that not so subtle shot at my Gators being excluded.  It makes me sour.  Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee are ranked higher than Florida now but who knows by season's end which is the same argument you use for including NC State.  I'm just not going to be as interested in playing a college football rom without my team in it.  Hell, make them the worst team on the game!  I don't mean to be a brat here but if this is collaborative effort why not make those helping happy?  With that in mind, I would also swap out Oklahoma State for Kansas State for Buck, Nebraska replaces Toledo for Knobbe, and Syracuse replaces WKY or GA SOU for Baron as they would fit perfectly with CIN and WVU.  Too bad more people don't post their opinions other than the few in here that did clearly said they'd want the Top 25 and big schools.

I don't see my approach as short sited by any means as I was just throwing out the link to promote discussion and am open to any team being included.  I would definitely swap Toledo out for Michigan, Northwestern or even Minnesota.  I get that not so subtle shot  my Gators being excluded.  It makes me sour.  Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee are ranked higher than Florida now but who knows by season's end which is the same argument you use for including NC State.  I'm just not going to be as interested in playing a college football rom without my team in it.  Hell, make them the worst team on the game!  I don't mean to be a brat here but if this is collaborative effort why not make those helping happy?  With that in mind, I would also swap out Oklahoma State for Kansas State for Buck, Nebraska replaces Toledo for Knobbe, and Syracuse replaces WKY or GA SOU for Baron as they would fit perfectly with CIN and WVU.  Too bad more people don't post their opinions other than the few in here that did clearly said they'd want the Top 25 and big schools.

That's the main issues i had with including teams for the sake of having them. Syracuse is is terrible, how many people want them outside of Baron. eaniwhile western kentucky was the 1st school in the history of college football to have a 4500 yard passer and 1500 yard rusher and both return along with 14 other starters. They will likely be 11-1 at the end of the season with a likely loss to LSU only. 

I have no issue with a KSU because they are decent, same thing with nebraska but syracuse, texas or any other squad just because they are a team someone favorite  cheapens the rom.  

I have no issue with a KSU because they are decent, same thing with nebraska but syracuse, texas or any other squad just because they are a team someone favorite  cheapens the rom.  

I kind of get that.  I would argue still that your NC ST does the same thing.  You're the only person I know that thinks they're going to be good.  Phil Steele does not.  I noticed you didn't answer my Gators question!  I say dump Arkansas or Tennessee and adding Florida doesn't cheapen the rom.  DaveFMurray chime in!!

Edited by fatcheerleader

That's the main issues i had with including teams for the sake of having them. Syracuse is is terrible, how many people want them outside of Baron. eaniwhile western kentucky was the 1st school in the history of college football to have a 4500 yard passer and 1500 yard rusher and both return along with 14 other starters. They will likely be 11-1 at the end of the season with a likely loss to LSU only. 

At the moment (before their 42-0 drubbing of Rhode Island last week, at least), Syracuse is not a good team.  Although, you'd be surprised at how many people like Syracuse.  As hard as it is to believe, they're the best team in the state of New York.  Like the Texas Longhorns, they're historically a good team.  Just not now.  Aside from their appearances recently in the Pinstripe Bowls, they haven't been much since the days Donovan McNabb, Qadry Ismail, and Marvin Harrison played on the team.

I don't have any numbers to back it up, but I'm positive there are more Syracuse fans than Western Kentucky and Georgia Southern, combined.  This isn't a challenge to whether they're good or not, because at the moment they're not.  This is just a response to "how many people want them outside of Baron."

Top 25 + 7. You can easily solve this.

IMO it makes little to no sense to have lesser known, smaller school/conference teams that will never be played in place of large schools with lots of fans/alumni who will surely play as those teams. (This does not include Syracuse. I actually forgot they had a football team. Burn.)

This ROM is basically a steaming pile of garbage without the Gators in it. :D

Top 25 + 7. You can easily solve this.

IMO it makes little to no sense to have lesser known, smaller school/conference teams that will never be played in place of large schools with lots of fans/alumni who will surely play as those teams. (This does not include Syracuse. I actually forgot they had a football team. Burn.)

This ROM is basically a steaming pile of garbage without the Gators in it. :D

Syracuse is an Italian word.  It means "Is it basketball season, yet?"

I think we may have it solved then...

Georgia          Alabama          FSU          Cincinnatti

Ole Miss         Auburn            Va Tech    West Virginia

Arkansas        Texas A&M     NC State    Western KY

Florida           LSU               Clemson     Georgia Southern

Ohio State      Baylor             USC               Oregon

Michigan ST   TCU               Arizona ST     Stanford

Wisconsin      Oklahoma        UCLA            Boise State

Nebraska      Kansas St       Utah             Notre Dame

Tennessee, Toledo and Oklahoma State (Barry, Thurman, Dexter and Hart Lee can suck it!) get cut.

If everyone is anti-Orangemen (yes I said MEN) then they're out and Baron can download the final rom and tweak Georgia Southern easily to make them Syracuse.  Buck/Keirre, you can make the Gators the worst team on the rom and I'd be thrilled!   :cool:

Edited by fatcheerleader