Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

HSRL Game of the Week Vids

I was talking to Toolie and told him I would be willing to do “Game of the Week” type videos this season.  I know this has been done in HSTL so I’m ready and willing to give it a shot in HSRL.  If preseason scrimmages are any indication, I will not be making many vids/recaps of my own games so time should not be a problem.  This is not a live stream or twitch thing, it will be a youtube video posted when game is completed.

Here are some details:

1) There will be one game of the week for each individual week of the HSRL season (Week 1, Week 2, etc.).  So there will be two games of the week released per real life week. 

2) The goal is to release the vids before the next ROM release so there is some flow to the season.

3) I will identify a handful of potential games that seem like great matchups and will reach out to the owners privately to see whether they will play it before next ROM release.  With the talent in this league, this should not be hard to find games. 

4) I will do a preview once a game is locked in.

5) Video will be posted at primetime 9PM EST on the selected night depending when game gets played.  Preference is a week day release or Sunday night. 

I’ll give this a shot and ready to commit to this for the season (with some help possibly at some point…Drake??  Drake??) but ultimately it comes down to getting the selected games on time.  I just hope you guys are OK with being open to have your game shown for all to see. 

That's a lot of production time my friend, though I'm certainly up for helping out. Still, not one person took me up on doing a game for them last season after I offered (besides brad's playoff game), so it does make me wonder if it's worth the time outlay given only a handful seem to have interest.

What format are you looking to do - just highlights or condensed game?

I will be proactive in reaching out instead of relying on people to send to me.  We'll see how it works, maybe its just pie in the sky thinking here.

Will be condensed versions so 9-10 minute full games.

I wil be on vacation Thurs-Sun this week so unlikely I will do Week 7 and 8 vids.  I reached out to several guys about the possibility of getting the games in before Thursday but i'm assuming it wont happen.

If you have a great game in either Wk 7-8 and worthy of a vid, email me the nsv and dont paste the state on phile.  I will do vid when I get back.

I think I'm going to temporarily end the GOW series for now.  Seems like there isnt much interest and its been difficult to get responses from PM's i've been sending.  Trying to avoid same teams/owners and get some different matchups but its not working.  

I may revisit this later in the year as division/playoff races heat up and tecmo interest gets rejuvenated.

I will not be doing a weekly game of the week like early last season but i would still like to contribute some vids throughout the season.  My time will be a little taken up early on due to work, but i would still be available to make the occasional video.

I know this may not be the best approach but I am going to leave it to you guys to proactively reach out to me if you played a fun exciting close game and would like a video made.  i know Drake tried this two seasons ago and it was crickets.  So just throwing it out there and hope there is more interest.  If you guys can please record an nsv no matter what just so its available and can be used if needed it would be great.

I will also be up for making vids; the editing won't be as slick as War or Drake but there's a lot of good music from 1973 so at least there will be a decent soundtrack.  You can send to me too, or if you send to War and he doesn't quite have the time he can forward them to me and I'll whip something up.