In which the historical Tragedie

of Eric Dickerson's absence from

Tecmo Super Bowl

is finally corrected---thus enabling

the ~ULTIMATE~ combo of

Size, Power and Speed

to unleash his full force

upon the tecmo gridiron

for the first time in Console history...

behold, HE HAS RISEN!

2159eric%20dick_zps87sc6dwm.pngtumblr_n9xaedtOTm1qhkbk8o1_400.gif

DATE: Saturday, August #29 1-t5759337-500_zpsg2sqwcij.jpg

PLACE: Centralia, WA @ Manyo’s

SCHEDULE (subject to change):

• 10am-2pm: Preseason (registration, scrims, food/drink, pickleball, etc.) / Pickleball Tourney(?)
  • 2pm-8pm: Tecmo Tourney

WHO'S IN SO FAR?

1. Manyo
  2. Tailback King
  3. Money V
  4. Chalky White
  5. Kamphuna
  6. Bogart
  7. Invaderstar
  8. Gripsmoke
  9. Sir Ted
  10. Burn1 (may bounce early)

MAYHEM 5 FORMAT:

• There will be one console station with an Everdrive cart, in which Eric Dickerson will be inserted into the Colts RB group with the atts shown above (replacing Anthony Johnson... sorry Tony!).
  • This tournament will be run World-Cup style, with a round robin portion (AKA the "regular season"), and a double-elim bracket tournament for the championship (AKA the "playoffs")...... details:

• REGULAR SEASON (ROUND ROBIN): well, first the PLAYER matchups for this portion of the tourney will be either random, predetermined or chess-ladder style (or quite likely some mix thereof, for a reason described below)......... one variable i need to solve for that is to know how many people are coming for sure (on that note: hard DEADLINE for committing to tourney will be august 22, mahalo), as i really would like to finish this tourney before 8pm this time (always a challenge!).......... anyway, the round robin results will be used to seed the bracket tourney later, so no eliminations here...... the twist tho comes with the TEAM matchups: first off, i'd like to announce that the everdrive rom will now include 2 IND teams, so it will be capable of a same teams matchup with the colts only (i will ensure the unis are diff colors)..... and in fact, during this round robin part of the tourney, the everdrive e-dick tv system will be REQUIRED to run a IND/IND matchup...... furthermore, each player will be rotated into this tv system during the round robin, so that each player will be forced to participate in that IND/IND matchup one time, thus providing everyone a chance to experience the #29 flavor, and therefore also a shot at winning the action figure if u want it bad enuf........ so basically the round robin will probably consist of as many rounds as we need to give everyone a rotation into the e-dick tv system before we move on to the bracket.......... (if we go more reg season rounds than we need to meet that objective, then the e-dick system will drop the IND/IND requirement and function under the same rules as the other systems, as follows...)............... now, as for the other tv systems during the round robin, pay attention cuz the twisting aint over: before the tourney, each player will choose a team matchup, which we will then put into a hat (no exact 2-team duplicates allowed tho)...... then, before each round, we will draw one of those matchups from the hat, and everyone not on the e-dick system must use that matchup, and will then roll dice with their opponent to determine the choice of either team or player-side........ so for each round of the round robin, every tv system (except for the e-dick system) will be running the same team matchups, diggit......... each matchup can only be pulled once from the hat, and if u happen to be on the e-dick system when/if we pull your matchup, then eh tuff break............. ok, so the round robin results will then be used to seed the double elimination tourney, using total wins as the determinant, with tiebreakers being (in order): head to head, total e-dick yards (in 1 game), total point differential.

• PLAYOFFS (CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET): the playoffs will consist of a seeded double-elim bracket, and the team matchups here will open up to madison-style (roll dice, winner calls matchup, loser chooses team or controller-side)......... each player can only call a specific matchup one time in the playoffs, unless it includes a #29-infused IND matchup (which includes an IND-IND matchup possibiliy), in which case there will be no such restrictions....... so if anyone calls a matchup including #29-IND, then they can use the e-dick system for their game....... but if two or more people in a given round call such a matchup, then lets just say the better seed# of the player that called the matchup is the tiebreaker (so #2 seed would trump #5 seed, for example, and get to play on the e-dick system)......... also, if someone calls a #29-IND matchup, but cant get on that tv system, then they can repick a diff matchup.......... playoffs will roll on until one man remains standing.

TOURNAMENT AND IN-GAME RULES:

• Team Matchups: see format details above
  • No rushing with WR or TE: Here is the breakdown as to who can play what position.  RBs can play RB, WR, or TE, and have no restrictions at these positions.  WRs can play RB, WR, or TE, but they may never run the ball from the running back position, only reverses from the wide receiver position.  TEs may play RB, WR, or TE, but they may never run the ball from the running back position, only reverses from the wide receiver position. 
    • NOTE: Some teams have WRs in the RB2 slot as a default (e.g. WAS and HOU), but those WRs are still not allowed to run the ball. 
    • Please help to educate your opponent as to this rule if you see that he or she does not seem to be aware of its existence.  If someone breaks the rule, call Manyo over to determine what to do next, if necessary.

• Ties: No such thing as a “tie” in this tournament. If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score ("sudden death") in the new game is the winner.  In this case, players must use the same playbooks as they had in the regulation game.  Also, whoever received the kickoff in the first overtime must kickoff in the 2nd OT (the “new game”).
  • Lurching: To "lurch" is to use one of your defensive linemen to dive in at the very beginning of the play and either sack the QB or tackle the RB before those plays really had a chance to develop. Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL…

When crossing over the line of scrimmage WITHIN the restricted circle (SEE GRAPHIC BELOW) with a DL, before making a play on the ball carrier, you must first bump or grapple with an opposing player who is not the ball carrier. However, there are no restrictions on DL when the offense is in the shotgun or when crossing over the line of scrimmage OUTSIDE the restricted circle."

lurching.gif

• 4th Man Down: Using the LB1 (4th man down) to attempt to block Field Goals or Extra Points WILL be allowed at anytime during this tournament.
  • Coin Toss: Do not skip the coin toss unless both players agree to do so before the game.
  • Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are allowed at any time, in any situation.
  • Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive, or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  • Controllers: Players are not allowed to bring their own controller to use in games.  Nor are they allowed to switch controllers on the machine without prior agreement from both players.  If there is a problem with a controller, notify your opponent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and if you guys can’t come to a solution on your own, ask Manyo… and again, the earlier in the game the better.  Outside controllers are welcome, but they are not allowed to travel with a player throughout the tournament.
  • Tournament Disputes: Manyo is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is, then Kamphuna will resolve the dispute.  If they’re both playing, then someone else will decide, we’ll see.
  • Etiquette: It is suggested that you say good luck before, and good game after each contest.  Above all, remember to have fun, battle hard, and know that the Tecmo Gods WILL play their role in determining your fate in this tournament.

FOOD/DRINK/EXTRA: a BBQ will be available, bring your own food and fixins... same goes for beer: BYOB... also available: swimming pool, basketball, pickleball, whiffleball, etc.

FEES/PRIZES: $20 entry fee.  Payouts (minus $65 for the prizes) will be: 2nd place gets their money back, and 1st place gets the rest.  Prizes will include: an Eric Dickerson "Roboback" poster (to the champion), an Eric Dickerson action figure (to whoever gets teh most total yards with E-Dick in a game), and an autographed E-Dick card (random drawing).

LIVE STREAM: see 2nd post in this thread for more info on the live stream

7c0aaf75-60cf-4f68-a079-4ef29418f96f_zps897033b3-0d0d-45be-b24d-bab458c4f5e4_zps

Edited by manYo

a few other notes for the time being:

• FORMAT: TBD... feel free to post ideas if you want to influence this, I'm def open to ideas and the will of the playaz...... quadruple-kumite? round robin-->double-elim bracket? best-of-3 Mayhem Rounds like PNWTC3? other???
  • MATCHUP CALLING: this is open to change as well... madison-style? PNW dice rollz? everyone plays the same matchup each round (based on dice rolls or predetermined)? other???
  • PICKLEBALL TOURNEY: whoever wants to get serious about this (I do!), I think we're going to have to start earlier in the morning... format TBD, based largely on how many people are playing.
  • STREAM: If u were there you know I got damned drunk at PNWTC4, resulting in my lowest moment of live streaming a tecmo event ever, which is saying something... and in some other ways I was not well-prepared for that tourney, I admit... but that's a good thing actually, cuz now I'm motivated more than ever to do it better next time... I have 5-6 set-ups ready to rock at this moment, and my wire game is off the charts right now, can't wait to see how many TVs I can stream/record.... AND I just bought a high-quality microphone to pick up the PNW flavor, and a webcam as well... all of which I will be sure to test out to make sure it's all good before the tourney starts... I'm thinking of doing some interviews as well, perhaps a few surprises?!?
Edited by manYo

My god Many........you went ABOVE & BEYOND on this one!!!!!!!!!!  This Tourney is gonna be EPIC!!!  (as Kamp would say)  How did ya get the Rec Specs on Eric???????????  Is that actually in the game???

yeah i drew the rec specs on his face above, but won't be able to do that in the game... he'll get the shadow face.

This is so dope. I'm probably a game time decision running up to that weekend. The wife has wanted to go to Chelan for some time, and that's the weekend she picked. I'm trying to move it, but I just wont know. We have a spot to crash in Chelan, but space is limited, so there may not be room. I'm kinda hoping there isn't. I'll let you guys know when I know.

-T

the winner of the tournament will receive this poster, btw...................... and if rando is watching, I got several cards you need for your tsb collection, gratis if you show up.

this tournament and its theme is my dream...

I am always finding myself getting jealous of these PNW tournaments.  But this one is really pushing me over the edge.

this tournament and its theme is my dream...

I am always finding myself getting jealous of these PNW tournaments.  But this one is really pushing me over the edge.

Come on out Buck! Good time is guaranteed and puking is semi likely

You can count me in. I'm a first timer coming from Kirkland. I'm also down for basketball, pickleball, whiffleball, any of them, all of them, or anything else you can get going. For format, anything multi elimination sounds good. Looking forward to it.

haha damn, about time somebody repped kirktown!  I sent you a PM requesting your e-mail address plz, so I can send you more info now and as we get closer to the event.... thanks, man.

DAAAAYUM. Now I feel like I can't miss this.

Best prize to date.

You WON'T be getting that poster, because you WON'T be beating ME!!!!!!!  The Turtle Van was the Suburban me and my boyz drove up to Seattle in for the 1st (your) PAM RIM Tourney........Hey, at least I show up!!!  The only reason I missed this last one is because I HAD to........Ted, your $#!t talk never ceases to amaze me.  All the more reason to put my foot up yo a$$ when we play.......and you better believe this time, I'll be ready!!!

I'm 68% sure I'm in, unless some awesome camping lake/river trip presents itself between now and then.

You better get yo a$$ down here Smoke!!!!!!!!!  I still got a score to settle with you to see who the TRU Portland champ really is............right now it is you.  But if I were you I wouldn't get to accustomed to the feeling, because it's just temporary.

Yes...it's tru.  The rumor has been spreading that I won't be draped up and dripped out with the regular Cardinal Crimson authentic Throwback Johnny Johnson attire..........for this Tourney, I'ma have to go with the authentic Blu'd out royal Eric Dickerson 89' home jerzey.......don't worry, the spirit of Johnny Johnson will still be with me....and since Eric Dickerson & Johnny Johnson have been my favorite players since I was in single digets, there will be no disruption to the delicate Tecmo time fabric or aura......no jealosy or envy there.....I'm pretty sure if Johnny Johnson & Eric Dickerson ever met, they'd be friends......I know for a fact they'd make one hell of a Pony Express Backfield.