(NES) QBVIKINGS TSB 2015-2016 Season ROM

qbvikings

Finally, we have got the NFC West to rank:

Arizona Cardinals:  In spite of a strong offensive line, this team really cannot run the football very well.  On top of that, I don't get why, but the Cardinals' defense is very slow and one-dimensional (in spite of the fact that they were supposed to be very good).  As a result, passing the ball down the field feels a bit like a chore with this team, as the opposing defense can easily cover your receivers, making this a team that is quite easy to counter.  Of course, the running game can still redeem this offense, but only if you are incredibly lucky.  Decent, but not that great a football club, and is one of the lesser teams in the NFC.

St. Louis Rams:  Once again, the running game--in spite of a good offensive line--is next to worthless, leaving only the passing game to depend upon.  However, the defense this time around feels more like a brick wall meant to shut down opposing offenses, which gives them a solid edge over what is supposed to be a superior team in real life.  In spite of this, passing the ball downfield still feels like a chore because your defensive game is so uneventful that opposing defenses could easily have their secondary cover your receivers, leaving you at the mercy of the putrid run game.  But play your defenses right, then you don't necessarily need to score too many points to win games.

San Francisco 49ers:  This is the only team in the division that suffers from a weak offensive line--and yet in spite of this, the running game blows the Cardinals and Rams' out of the water, which in turn, opens the lanes further to spread out your offense.  The front seven is also pretty solid, though one-dimensional; my guess is, focus more on stopping the run and rushing the passer, because your secondary isn't that great at covering the pass.

Seattle Seahawks:  Let me put it this way; the defense rivals the Patriots in intelligence, and the Broncos and/or Texans in likelihood in going berserk.  On top of that, Russell Wilson is not only faster than Marshawn Lynch for some reason (though Lynch is stronger), but is even faster than any berserked front seven you can think of.  The receiving core is pretty good, and the running game is pretty good.  Doug Baldwin as the kick and punt returner is also the best in the division at doing this (which is a darn shame because it appears that there's a receiver in Seattle that is even better at the position than Baldwin).  This is easily the funnest team to play as in the NFC West, and really, if this wasn't the best team in the division, there'd be something seriously wrong with this game (at least the potential is there for either Minnesota or Detroit to be better than Green Bay).

So with that said, let's rank the division:

1.  Seattle Seahawks

2.  San Francisco 49ers

3.  St. Louis Rams

4.  Arizona Cardinals

And just for fun, let me rank all of the NFC teams as well:

1.  Carolina Panthers

2.  New Orleans Saints

3.  Seattle Seahawks

4.  Minnesota Vikings

5.  Detroit Lions

6.  Philadelphia Eagles

7.  Green Bay Packers

8.  Dallas Cowboys

9.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10.San Francisco 49ers

11.Chicago Bears

12.St. Louis Rams

13.New York Giants

14.Arizona Cardinals

15.Atlanta Falcons

16.Washington Redskins

And really, the only teams on that list that I am not too crazy about are the bottom three teams.

Finally, allow me to rank all 32 teams in the NFL:

1.  Carolina Panthers

2.  New Orleans Saints

3.  New England Patriots

4.  Denver Broncos

5.  Seattle Seahawks

6.  Minnesota Vikings

7.  Oakland Raiders

8.  Detroit Lions

9.  Houston Texans

10.Philadelphia Eagles

11.Baltimore Ravens

12.Tennessee Titans

13.Buffalo Bills

14.Green Bay Packers

15.Dallas Cowboys

16.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

17.Pittsburgh Steelers

18.San Francisco 49ers

19.New York Jets

20.Chicago Bears

21.Kansas City Chiefs

22.St. Louis Rams

23.Miami Dolphins

24.San Diego Chargers

25.New York Giants

26.Cincinnati Bengels

27.Arizona Cardinals

28.Indianapolis Colts

29.Atlanta Falcons

30.Washington Redskins

31.Cleveland Browns

32.Jacksonville Jaguars

Updated rosters coming ASAP after things shake out after cuts. SNES version is in SNES section I believe. There should also be link to it in the "download" button on the download page.

Thanks everyone.

You might want to verify that. Someone removed the SNES rom from your download section. With the new website changes, they are wanting to keep the NES and SNES roms in different locations. 

Before I begin, I would like to remind you of you that I will ultimately be playing as each and every team that I pick this upcoming weekend.  As a result, over the next four days (before the Opening Kickoff), I'm going to be playing as the teams that I seek to pick, and I'm going to give you the scores that I posted.  With that said, let's get started:

Kansas City Chiefs 3 @ Houston Texans 48:  Okay, I am not expecting this lopsided a matchup, though I am picking for this game to be a highly defensive slugfest, with the Texans ultimately swallowing up the Chiefs' offense.  Brian Hoyer will probably throw three interceptions, though J. J. Watt will dictate the outcome of this game, allowing the Texans to win 27 - 17.  The final score will be a pick six to put the game away.

Green Bay Packers 35 @ Chicago Bears 14:  I am expecting Green Bay to score at least an additional field goal in the real life game, though I will fairly admit that the Packers are a notorious for coming off to a pretty slow start, having kicked off the season 1-2 in each of the last three seasons (including a week one loss each).  However, Jay Cutler had only ever won one game against Aaron Rodgers, and that was back when the Bears were pretty good.  Either way, I'm picking the Packers.

Minnesota Vikings 42 @ San Francisco 49ers 20:  I highly doubt that the Vikings will put up six touchdowns against the 49ers, but five touchdowns and two field goals sound about right.  The 49ers appear to be falling apart at the seams following an all-time worst offseason, and the Vikings appear to be an explosive and high-powered offense.  I'm picking the Vikings to rout the 49ers to the score of 41 - 20.

New York Giants 6 @ Dallas Cowboys 35:  I don't think the game will be THIS lopsided, though I still think the Cowboys are going to win to the score of 24 - 13.  Jennings will probably wind up rushing for a hundred yards while McFadden fumbles the football repeatedly if the Tecmo simulation is even remotely accurate.

Tomorrow, I will be covering the Steelers/Pats game, Panthers/Jaguars, Lions/Chargers, and Eagles/Falcons

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great website first off.  It's cool checking out a lot of the different versions of this game people have made.  On this version, the author said there would be both a juiced and non juiced version.  I don't know for sure what that means, but does it mean the juiced version is harder to play against the CPU than the non juiced?  Plus, only the juiced version is available for download.  Does anyone have the link for the non juiced version that the author mentioned?  Thanks a lot!

• 11 months later...

Got a season in on this ROM, fully juiced version.  13-3 with the Seahawks, #1 in total offense, #1 in total defense. Playoffs, beat the Vikings 42-3, and the Eagles 24-14. Super Bowl I lost Russell Wilson on the second play from scrimmage, no problem. Tavaris Jackson fills in, defense is SAVAGE as usual, and beat the Bills 28-7 for the trophy, no resets...