Ken Griffey Baseball 2015

This is looking awesome, thanks for all the work you put into this. The mets pitching staff is awesome.

Thanks.  The Mets do have a powerful pitching staff, however, I may re-evaluate the numbers for their #5 (I forget his name.  He looks like Thor.).  I've got a small sampling of data for him to work with.

Freaking Pat Venditte!  In terms of Ken Griffey 2015 and making the stats and ratings accurate, this guy is killing me!  I could simply leave him out of the game, but I was a fan of his when he was coming up through the Yankees' farm system, so he's a must-add. 

For a contest, who can tell me the reason why he's figuratively got me pulling my hair out?

PAT VENDITTE - http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vendipa01.shtml

Freaking Pat Venditte!  In terms of Ken Griffey 2015 and making the stats and ratings accurate, this guy is killing me!  I could simply leave him out of the game, but I was a fan of his when he was coming up through the Yankees' farm system, so he's a must-add. 

For a contest, who can tell me the reason why he's figuratively got me pulling my hair out?

PAT VENDITTE - http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vendipa01.shtml

Ha....if you happen to have the roster space just make a left and right hand version of him

Ha....if you happen to have the roster space just make a left and right hand version of him

At the moment, I've got him as a lefty.  It's funny, though, that he's currently on the disabled list with a strained shoulder.  You'd think that with a strain, he could just pitch with one arm like the rest of the league.

Here's a funny video of him that I came across some years back:

Switch Hitter vs. Switch Pitcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2oD8KzxS14

Edited by Baron von Lector

I know of the Cueto trade. That's why I did the Reds and A's today (see Kazmir to the Astros) while they were fresh on my mind. The rosters I'm trying to reflect are as close to opening day as possible so as to avoid being driven nuts by this week's trade deadline. I may or may not put out an end-of-season ROM when it's all said and done. I've made a few opening day roster exceptions, such as Pat Venditte being on the A's and Yu Darvish being in Texas' rotation.

Victorino, Reyes, Tulowitzki... the trades are getting crazy.  It's a good thing I saved copies of each team's roster on my lab computer before I left work yesterday.  Although crazy at the moment, it will make for a great Ken Griffey 2015 Traded ROM (a la Topps' end of season Topps Traded end-of-season baseball card sets).

Victorino, Reyes, Tulowitzki... the trades are getting crazy.  It's a good thing I saved copies of each team's roster on my lab computer before I left work yesterday.  Although crazy at the moment, it will make for a great Ken Griffey 2015 Traded ROM (a la Topps' end of season Topps Traded end-of-season baseball card sets).

This is why I don't believe in midseason roms

This is why I don't believe in midseason roms

Nope.  Me, neither.  When I do my ROMs, I base them on opening-day rosters, or end-of-season rosters.  I saw somebody recently doing a SNES NBA Jam modification with current player faces.  It was nice looking.  However, reading the thread from beginning to end, it looked like he became overwhelmed trying to keep up with mid-season trades and signings.  The ROM never came to fruition.

http://nba-live.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=93913

On this note, I just uploaded an updated demo with five more teams (Royals, Padres, Indians, Phillies, Dodgers) to go along with the previous thirteen (Brewers, Nationals, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Mariners, Cardinals, Rangers, Pirates, Twins, Reds, Athletics, Blue Jays).  Eighteen down, ten to go.  The download link is at the top of this thread.

While working on the ratings of the Colorado Rockies' starting lineup, I couldn't figure out why they have been playing so poorly this season.  Then, I got to their starting pitchers.  It went downhill from there.  I've added the team to the "demo", bringing the count to nineteen teams (with nine to go).  The teams included so far are the Royals, Padres, Indians, Phillies, Dodgers, Brewers, Nationals, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Mariners, Cardinals, Rangers, Pirates, Twins, Reds, Athletics, Blue Jays, and the Rockies.

Also, I mentioned doing an end-of-season Ken Griffey 2015 ROM the other day.  After thinking about it, I've decided against it.  There are two reasons for this decision:

1) A majority of teams will fall into one of two categories: buyers and sellers.  There will be teams (the buyers) that will have a loaded end-of-season roster for the playoff push (like the Kansas City Royals), and there will be teams (the sellers) who will have stripped down rosters filled with bench players and minor leaguers, looking to reboot during the off-season and spring training.

2) A lot of the players that are traded during the season are rentals and won't be around by the time spring training rolls around.  Remember Jose Canseco and CC Sabathia's respective stint with the Yankees and Brewers?

The next Ken Griffey ROM I do will be at the start of the 2016 baseball season.

Quick update.  I've got 25 out of 28 teams done.  I predict being done either on Monday or Tuesday.  Once I'm done with the rosters, I'm gonna move some people around a couple batting slots so that the All-Star teams are believable.  For example, I moved Manny Machado from #2 to #3 in the lineup so that he would show up in the All Star Game instead of Steve Pearce.

The only teams remaining are the Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs, and Houston Astros.  I won't upload anymore demos between now and the time the game is released, so the 19/28 teams ROM will have to hold you over until then.