Skipping Season Game Screen

BUSean

Hello,

Just downloaded Nestopia and the original TSB NFL 1991 ROM here. As soon as I finish a game in regular season mode, the screen goes from the box score straight to the "Regular Season - Week X" title screen as opposed to the regular season menu. The menu is completely skipped over. Auto Skip is not on.

Am I doing something wrong here? Does the input have anything to do with it? I turned off any autofire keys on Nestopia.

Thanks!

If you have teams on COM (to simulate a season, for example) and you hold START while hitting A at the "Game Start" option then after the game finishes it will show the blue screen for a few seconds and go straight to the next game.  This also works if teams are SKP vs. SKP; you can auto-skip but see injuries and blue screens as well.  Are you hitting START+A when starting a game or just A?

Edited by toolie

So far as I can tell, I'm just hitting A. These are SKP vs. SKP games; after showing the box score it moves right to the next game. I've never had this problem before but I just downloaded Nestopia and this particular ROM. It seems to be doing it for all Tecmo ROMs. 

EDIT: I hit A to start the first SKP vs. SKP regular season game and then removed all button settings. The ROM continued to jump to the next screen.

Edited by BUSean