Whether he deserves it or not, Johnny Johnson is one of the most talked about players on this forum. As of this posting, two threads bearing his name are designated as 'hot topics' on this site. It seems more and more Tecmoers are putting JJ to the test to see if they can tap into his greatness about which some only whisper. To me, this begs the question.

WHAT ABOUT WOLFLEY?!?!?

My Ron "Wolf Man" Wolfley season challenge is your standard one-man fair. Only Wolfley, all season long. In fact, I'm not even going for field goals. If Wolf Man can't punch it in, then the ball is going to the defense. 

How will Wolf Man do? I'm not going for a yard record. Instead, it's my goal to have Wolfley be my Super Bowl winning MVP, and my second goal is to make him the regular season rushing champion.

Week 1: 4TD, 1 Fumble lost

post-9085-0-89313200-1436149140_thumb.jp

Edited by Green Majik

Are you dropping into coverage on D or rushing the QB nearly every play?

I am FS Young nearly every defensive play because of his incredibly high running (=starting) speed attribute (69). On passes I mostly drop into coverage. That week 2 Eagles game was kind of a fluke as far as QB Eagles having 0 passing yards. Usually Eagles can hit Byars, Williams or Jackson a few times in my experience.

Week 3: 7 TD, 1 KR Fumble lost (led to easy WAS TD).

Wolf Man tops 900 yd three weeks in. When will he slow down? It's anyone's guess.

post-9085-0-60328300-1436237756_thumb.jp post-9085-0-93129100-1436237769_thumb.jp

Week 4: only 1 TD, TWO Fumbles (one on fourth down, one in the fourth quarter trying to close out the game).

Wolfley's dominance is significantly dwindling, but he tops a thousand yards after only four weeks and comfortably leads the league in Rushing. But how long can he hold off Bo, Brooks, Okoye, Humphrey and Hoge?

post-9085-0-46896900-1436239740_thumb.jp

post-9085-0-70279700-1436239757_thumb.jp

Edited by Green Majik

Oh, you'll continue leading the league in rushing for a while, it's the wins that might stop.

I'm curious when I'll get my first loss. In week five I ran into a SS Fred Marion who was playing like David Fulcher. 

Week 5: 2 (4th-quarter) TDs, 1 Fumble lost (not in the ENDZONE, Wolfley!)

post-9085-0-23432300-1436272226_thumb.jp

Week 7: DAMN

Wolfley answers after Vikes go up 14-0 on first two drives. In the 4th quarter Wolfley fumbles on the Vikes 15 in what should have been a game tying drive. I had plenty of time, so I should have played better ball control. It also didn't help allowing WWilson to QB sneak his way out of a 3rd and long at midfield, which led to the Vikes' winning TD.

post-9085-0-84721200-1436275561_thumb.jp

Week 9: 3 TD, 0 Fumbles

In a slow day for Wolfley, the Cards get sweet Viking revenge in large thanks to the special teams play of LB1 Harvey. Harvey gets in the grill of Vikings K FUAD by blocking a PAT and causing him to miss a short FG.

post-9085-0-25604800-1436363466_thumb.jp

Week 10: 2 TD, 2 Fumbles (0 lost)

Wolfley kept under 200 yd in three consecutive games. Wolf Man gets some 1st-quarter help when his fumble is scooped up by a juiced Luis Sharpe who takes it yard for my first non-Wolf TD of the season.

post-9085-0-68183100-1436363693_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Sadly, I believe I ended up losing in the first round of the playoffs. But a hard drive wipe obliterated what had become a meticulously kept season.

Maybe I'll have to give it another shot!

Once upon a time, I came across this pic. Apparently, the Wolf Man was a special teams guru back in the day:

post-9085-0-61730200-1441779732_thumb.jp

Good effort............even if having Johnny watch from the sidelines for a whole season might be the biggest sin in the history of Tecmobowl.  I will say, (and you know what's comin') by week 10, Johnny Johnson's at around 3,000 yrds rushing for me.......My best with him, 4045 yrds rushing, and 63 TD's..............  

.....................................It's kinda hard to believe that I have never done a Johnny Johnson challenge and posted my rushing numbers game by game. (one time I did in COACH mode and Johnny broke every COACH mode record ever set...ask elway bout that one)  It's probably because he's so good at everything, not just rushing.