KR/PR Speeds

Lamefest

So I like the hacks that assign the MS of the KR/PR to the actual player rather than that of the RT/SS. I also like to include guys like Rod Woodson or Deion Sanders on the bench to make them returners. What I don't like is when I do that, it makes those players viable offensive options.

I was thinking how on offense RP is essentially worthless since the players typically get to MS before they get the ball anyway.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to use the KR/PR hacks but assign the players RP as their MS and if anyone would be interested in sharing how to do that in hex.

I think this would be great so that a player like Mel Gray could be a great returner yet still as worthless as he should be on offense. It would also not positively effect the offense to put a player like Deion on the bench. Also, the slight effect this could have on the offensive players acceleration could be warranted as good returning and good acceleration typically go hand in hand.

Thoughts? Help?

• 1 month later...

Would anyone know if it is possible to assign RP value to what is supposed to be KR/PR MS?  If so, is it feasible for novice such as myself to play around with how to do it?  Any sort of hex editing links that might point me in the right direction?  I've searched quite a bit and come up with nothing.  Thanks to anyone who may have some help.

I'm sure the documentation is listed in the hacking section to change MS to return man's actual MS and changing it to RP should be very easy if you look up the value for RP.

I also wanted to make sure that you know that RP is NOT worthless for offensive players. Their high RP is actually what makes them reach their MS so quickly

Thanks man.  I didn't want to keep scanning forums for something that I don't even know is possible.

I guess I didn't mean completely worthless.  I've always assumed that RP on defense makes a difference because the range from RS to MS was so much larger than that of an offensive player, so there's more time for the RP to have an effect.  If you drop offensive RP into to 19-63 range (matching basic MS range for the sake of this KR/PR idea), would it have a noticeable effect on the players on offense?  

Thanks man.  I didn't want to keep scanning forums for something that I don't even know is possible.

I guess I didn't mean completely worthless.  I've always assumed that RP on defense makes a difference because the range from RS to MS was so much larger than that of an offensive player, so there's more time for the RP to have an effect.  If you drop offensive RP into to 19-63 range (matching basic MS range for the sake of this KR/PR idea), would it have a noticeable effect on the players on offense?  

Even 56 RP makes them hit their max pretty fast. I would not drop it below 31 though for slower players. Try playing around with putting players in the 38-50 RP range and then balancing that with changing RS as well.

• 7 months later...
On 8/16/2015 at 9:50 PM, keirre21 said:

I'm sure the documentation is listed in the hacking section to change MS to return man's actual MS and changing it to RP should be very easy if you look up the value for RP.

So...I'm back on this again.  I'm just about done making a 2015 post-season rom, and I built my attributes with the idea that I would figure this out....I haven't.  After much searching, I have no idea what the "value for RP" would be nor do I know which exact hex location I would put it nor am I able to find anything that can explain it in terms I could even remotely understand.  

I do know this.  I've set these values in HXD to this to make the returner's MS to actual player MS.  Again, no idea what any of it means.  I just know what it does not why it does it.

0x08100 to 00 48 EC EF E4 DF FE FF

0x00AADD to B1 00 00 EF E4 DF FE FF FF

Can anyone tell me which of these things I would change to what to make the game use the actual player's RP as his MS?  I really think this will make dedicated returners a little better as to not give them too much Offensive value.