(SNES) Tecmo Super Bowl 1977

1977-4.png

File Name: Tecmo Super Bowl 1977

File Submitter: Baron von Lector

File Submitted: 22 Jul 2015

File Category: SNES

I take back what I posted a few weeks ago. THIS is my most ambitious project to date. I took the flaming pile of digital garbage that I put out back in February (Tecmo Super Bowl 1977 – NES) and updated it with 16-bit graphics.

To go along with the visual upgrade, I went through it player-by-player and updated all of the ratings, jersey numbers, skin color, and simdata. I also updated all of the team simdata so that the SKP teams during the regular season play similar to their real-life 1977 counterparts. When simulating a test season, the game correctly simulated four of the six division winners. Only the AFC East and West were incorrect, and with those, the teams in 1st and 2nd flip-flopped.

I updated the schedule in the game so that it accurately reflects the 1977 season.

During the player rating editing process, I found the AV scores (approximate value) on pro-football-reference.com for each of the players to be a HUGE god-send.

Click here to download this file

EDIT: Because I figured out how, I've added the 3rd member of the TSB77 family, the black sheep Sega Genesis version:  CLICK HERE.

Tecmo Super Bowl 1977.nes

Tecmo Super Bowl 1977.smc

you can edit one on the snes with the TSBSupreme, the other two can be done by hex.

A 17 week season could be done like this, for example.

Week 1 - 14 games

Week 2 - 14 games 

Week 3 - 14 games

Week 4 - 5 games

Week 5 - 5 games

Week 6 - 4 games

Week 7 - 14 games

Week 8 - 14 games

Week 9 - 7 games

Week 10 - 7 games

Week 11 - 14 games

Week 12 - 14 games

Week 13 - 14 games

Week 14 - 14 games

Week 15 - 14 games

Week 16 - 14 games

Week 17 - 14 games

Giving you a total of 14 games per team. Weeks 4,5,6 would combine to make one week and Weeks 9,10 would combine to make one week.

@COAElway - At first, I had everybody scheduled for 14 games by spreading the last few weeks out to fill up the 17 week schedule.  The problem came when I would import the data into the ROM (using TSBSupreme), it would spit out "Teamxxxxx only has 14 games scheduled" for every team and then leave me out to dry until each team had 16.

@COAElway - At first, I had everybody scheduled for 14 games by spreading the last few weeks out to fill up the 17 week schedule.  The problem came when I would import the data into the ROM (using TSBSupreme), it would spit out "Teamxxxxx only has 14 games scheduled" for every team and then leave me out to dry until each team had 16.

It still saved the schedule you created. Disregard that error.

• 4 weeks later...

Loving these roms, man .Awesome work! Has inspire me to try make my own. Would like to 1999 season rom. One question, How do you formulate the ratings? I know you mention pro-football reference to help you out with ratings.  

I use the AV (approximate value) score provided on pro-football-reference.com.  I created a ratings chart based on the AV scores.  It can be hit or miss, mainly if a player has an off-year or is injured.  If injured, his production will be down for the year, and thus result in a lower AV score.  Moments like this you have to use your discretion.  I'll send you a copy of the chart that I used for the ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=407

File Name: Tecmo Super Bowl 1977

File Submitter: Baron von Lector

File Submitted: 22 Jul 2015

File Category: SNES

I take back what I posted a few weeks ago. THIS is my most ambitious project to date. I took the flaming pile of digital garbage that I put out back in February (Tecmo Super Bowl 1977 – NES) and updated it with 16-bit graphics.

To go along with the visual upgrade, I went through it player-by-player and updated all of the ratings, jersey numbers, skin color, and simdata. I also updated all of the team simdata so that the SKP teams during the regular season play similar to their real-life 1977 counterparts. When simulating a test season, the game correctly simulated four of the six division winners. Only the AFC East and West were incorrect, and with those, the teams in 1st and 2nd flip-flopped.

I updated the schedule in the game so that it accurately reflects the 1977 season.

During the player rating editing process, I found the AV scores (approximate value) on pro-football-reference.com for each of the players to be a HUGE god-send.

Click here to download this file