FutureEB

Issues on P2P connections, Hamachi, Kaillera, etc.

9 posts in this topic

Okay, me and my friend are wanting to play SuperBowl 2013 Pre-Season just me and him, and we're kind of new to the online NES, and its been weeks stressful to figure it out.

First thing we did is getting Nestopia for NES, we have tried version 36, 39, and 40, and finally, the version said 1.3/4. 

Second, we did what certain tutorial told us about, like getting a replacement for Kaillera, and getting Hamachi, etc. Along with Kaillera server. the only success we can get into is getting a master server and play online with other people, but ping ruin our fun so much, so we try to do 2 players only. We got the 2-Player exclusive Kaillera, and it keep helding us back so much.

I test the Kailleraserver myself and try to use it on my other computer, and it got on there, but unfortunately, its not the same thing to my friend.

Right now, we got the "Brudtopia" version from this site. 

It kind of looks like the closest we could get, but it result the same thing. 

Almost every tutorial we encounter is either outdated or "404 Not found". Any time we try to connect with Hamachi ID and our ID, it just keep having the same problem. The image file that has blue censor bar (for security reasons) is my friend's place, and the red one is mine. We tried using Hamachi, my ID, my friends ID, and Hamachi port, my port, 27888 port, and others, internal IPs. It just got more stressful figuring out certain things. 

If anyone can help us, it would be so kind for it. Thanks.

post-14667-0-57983800-1433026948_thumb.p

post-14667-0-43702900-1433028589_thumb.p

For starters, your kaillera clients look different (newer?) than what we use in the Tecmo community. Not sure what kind of effect (if any) that'll have.

I see that the IPs you're trying to connect to are 192.*.*.*, which is most likely your computer's IP address within your local LAN. For connecting to each other, you'll want to use your external IP address, which can easily be obtained.

After that, you'll need to do some port forwarding for the proper port to be redirected to the particular computer you're connecting on.

It looks like they are using the server based kailerra client instead of the peer to peer one. 

Hamachi is going to make sure experience worse because it adds lag (input delay) and generally makes things more confusing. I'd recommend removing it. 

Where are you and your friend located? If you guys are too far away you will likely have too much lag.

What were the problems you had with the peer to peer (2player) version.

"For starters, your kaillera clients look different (newer?) than what we use in the Tecmo community. Not sure what kind of effect (if any) that'll have."

The file is actually the one I got in here; http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/320-nestopia-nes-emulator-pc/ 

"I see that the IPs you're trying to connect to are 192.*.*.*, which is most likely your computer's IP address within your local LAN. For connecting to each other, you'll want to use your external IP address, which can easily be obtained."

The bold letter? 

"After that, you'll need to do some port forwarding for the proper port to be redirected to the particular computer you're connecting on."

Heres where it get confusing. My router happens to be AT&T. I did went to the guide on this http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53066-guide-get-started-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies/#entry345784(Seen in ONE and TOO pics)  

The Service Name, I know, any name, but theres Global Post Range, Base Host Port, and Protocol... I kind of got stressful looking up for how are they used.

(In case if firewall is going to be ask: )

Packet Filter

Off

IP Passthrough

Off

NAT Default Server

Off

Firewall Advanced

On

post-14667-0-42495200-1433044844_thumb.p

post-14667-0-54790200-1433045672_thumb.p

post-14667-0-31491600-1433045679_thumb.p

Global port range 6996  -  6996

Base host port 6996

Protocol Both

Why are you using the server rather than the peer to peer kailerra? 

Global port range 6996  -  6996

Base host port 6996

Protocol Both

Why are you using the server rather than the peer to peer kailerra? 

Because I'm planning to invite 2 more friends in the future to speedrun against us in this or in different console if 2 of them got new computers; Hamachi is kind of my favorite now to chat. (I know, Skype, but it visually looks satisfying.) Should I just "Turn the power button off" to not let it interfere? Or it can hurt, regardless? Don't mind either way.

Aside that, I don't know where is the P2P version.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By trojan1979
      Participants are as follows, this is not perceived rank:

1 - Trojan1979
      2 - The_Shield
      3- LuckyTool
      4 - Darthrockman
      5- Barletti
      6- MadTownSpliffStars
      7 - Lincoln Hawk
      8 - Matty D
      9 - NMUFred
      10 - Nelson79
      11 - ODel
      12 - @Ryan11p
      13 - OL Dirty Tecmo
      14 - Arncoem
      15 - Dueceloose
      16 - JPtheBowler
      17 - QBLions
      18 - PunkyQB
      19 - Elyons051
      20 - Rico
      21 - ptitteri
      22 - Suicideking81
      23 - Baxter
      24 - Regulator
      25 - Simple Simon
      26 - Tundra Yeti
      27 - Purple Haze
      28 - Toothbrushes
      29 - Randywags
      30 - Elijah Peters
      31 - StenZ
      32- Prime
    • By The Ultimate Weapon
      I wanted to put this in a seperate thread in case anyone missed it and so it could be pinned as a tournament.

Below are the details of our Northeast Ohio Tecmo Meetup:

Who: First 16 guys to respond
      What: Tecmo Super Bowl
      When: Sat, May 6th, 12-5pm
      Where: Italian Garden Restaurant 10511 Main Street, Mantua, OH 44255

Cost: $20

Payouts with 16 participants:
      1st: $160
      2nd: $80
      3rd: $40
      4th: $20

Confirmed participants:
      01. Ryan M.
      02. Chris H.
      03. Jason A.
      04. Cliff P.
      05. Steve R.
      06. Clarence J.
      07. John C.
      08. Jon R.
      09. Louis B.
      10. Francis B.
      11. Tom J.

Please let me know if you are able to bring any of the following:
      -TVs
      -NES Systems
      -NES Controllers
      -Tecmo Super Bowl Carts
      -Extension cords
      -Power Strips

If if you are able to bring any of the above items, please come 30-45 minutes early to help setup.
      Format will be informal, decided the day of the event and depend on number of participants and systems available.

We guarantee the following: 
      - At least 4 rounds of preliminary seeding where players with like records face off each round
      - A single or double elimination bracket where teams will be drafted based on seeding
      - (SF, GIA, BUF, HOU excluded from the draft)
      - If you win in the bracket round you can keep your team or swap teams with your opponent
      - Payouts to the top 4 finishers ($160. $80, $40, $20 if we get 16 guys)

This format allows everyone to play a lot of meaningful games and is extremely fair and laid back

If time permits, we will also have a single or double elimination NFL Blitz 2000 side tournament on N64.

Participants are welcome and encouraged to order from the menu and BYOB. I have eaten there a number of times and everything is great - the dough is homemade every day and they make awesome pizza (I also love the JoJos) below is a link to the menu. Hope to see you there!

https://www.orderstart.com/mobile/italiangarden#menuPage
    • By yellowno7
      Hi, anyone seen a good place with a comprehensive catalog of TSB ROM versions (different years, etc)?

Might have someone mod a NES Classic Mini and want to pimp it with a good selection of TSB versions.

---------------------------------
      I've seen:
      1) This url (TecmoBowl.org "ROMs by year") has a few options...
      2) ... and TecmoSB.com (clicky) has a link for "TSB Roms Collection <=== last update: 11/16/2014."  I haven't been able to open this one, but it appears to have so many ROMs, that some years have 5-10+ versions.  
      ---------------------------------

Figured by now, someone may have already edited a good catalog list somewhere.  nbd if not.
    • By The Ultimate Weapon
      When I was at the Detroit Kumite tournament last weekend, a number of players from the Cleveland area who I had never met before attended as well and we all had a great time!  Many of these guys already get together a few times a year to play casual Tecmo Super Bowl at various venues.     I collected emails and some cell phone numbers for players that wanted to provide one.  This post is to see who would be interested in getting together potentially quarterly to play Tecmo Super Bowl and perhaps consider doing a Fantasy Football League in the fall for anyone who enjoys both Tecmo and Fantasy Football and lives in or near Northeast Ohio.   If this is something that interests you, please message me and provide your email address and cell phone number, as I will be creating a text distribution group in addition to the email distribution list once we finalize the initial details.  If you could also let me know ideas for places to meet, how many systems, cartridges, controllers and TVs you would be willing to share with the group, that would also be helpful.   The idea is to simply get a group of great guys together semi regularly who enjoy both Tecmo Super Bowl and NFL football.   Thanks in advance for your consideration.  More to follow after I collect everyone's thoughts and responses.
    • By JimSocks13
      A friend sent this tournament to me. It is the original Tecmo Bowl so I probably won't be attending but thought I'd share.

Nice prizes for the winner (32" Smart TV & NES Classic). You can read about it/sign up here:

http://staydriven.org/tecmobowltournament/