Dubuque, IA - 12/12/15 - Tomczak Bowl VIII

6 hours ago, Beef Juice said:

We'll probably get things rolling close to 1pm.

I'm working on my father of the year credentials in the morning, so Orenga and I can't get there for certain until 12-12:15, I'd say. We'll bring an extra NES + accoutrements for backup.

1 hour ago, sonofpatbeach said:

I'm working on my father of the year credentials in the morning, so Orenga and I can't get there for certain until 12-12:15, I'd say. We'll bring an extra NES + accoutrements for backup.

It's a little late in the year if you don't already have it wrapped up. At least there's momentum for 2016 if you fall short this year. 

3 hours ago, Nickabc said:

I was hoping you would put up the Shannon for the 0-2 tournament, thusly allow me to sandbag until obtaining "The shannon" (or "The Grogan" as I believe it was dubbed in Madison last year).  I applaud your ability to see through my treachery....

"In the last days of shannon being held in Dubuque, the chosen one shall pray upon the Tecmo Gods alter.  The sky will open and Hubie will reign down JJ's upon all who would dare oppose this righteous mans quest to return Shannon to the promised land"

"So let it be written, so let it be done. I'm sent by the chosen one....."

I tried calling it the Grogan but Sega won out with the Shannon name.

34 minutes ago, RetroNathan said:

This was the scene in the hotel lobby in preparation for Tomczak 8. Surprisingly, we weren't kicked out and we had at least half a dozen people stop by and watch. It was pretty cool. 

image.jpg

Nice. I see you're at Grand Harbor. The indoor water park is fun.

Still pissed I missed it.  Friday night around 9pm I had a clogged drain to my laundry tub, and in the process of trying to clear it,I knocked the tub off the wall and broke the pipe.  Long story short, did not have running water till Sunday.  I acted like a whiney bitch all weekend to my wife as I missed out on the tecmo fun.

I'll be at Madison even if my house is burning down...

Thanks everyone for coming. Once again we had a blast having it. The new venue was great and they seemed pretty enthused about us coming back next year too.

A few notes.

- Congrats to Regulator on the win. That jacket looked like it was tailored for you. It marked the second time we've had a brother vs brother finals (The Holzbauers battled in Tomczak 6). You two certainly didn't disappoint especially in the thrilling double OT finish in the first game.

- Play of the day I give to Coconuts for his final game winning play over Orenga. Despite guessing the play, Orenga's guys were no match for Ultimate Weapon as he easily scrambled out of danger to launch a winning toss to the endzone.

- Just a reminder to guys that come to our tournament and most tournaments for that matter. Slamming the table no matter how hard or soft you did it, and resetting the game means you forfeit the game. I really don't care what the score was or how far you traveled, and no you can't have your money back either. 

- The first ever Peter Tom Willis Cup was a success despite only having 4 of the 6 guys stick around for it. This ensured everyone that came got at least 3 games. Congrats Jesse D. (JD) on winning the first PT Dubs.

- We had two televisions get orphaned at the event. One found a good home (thanks Nickabc). The other now sits in my garage while an angry wife curses it's presence. I'll have to tuck away in storage or it's off to St. Vinny's.

- Mark it now. Tomczak Bowl 9 will be back in Dubuque on December 10, 2016.

Thanks again everyone.

1 hour ago, Beef Juice said:

- Just a reminder to guys that come to our tournament and most tournaments for that matter. Slamming the table no matter how hard or soft you did it, and resetting the game means you forfeit the game. I really don't care what the score was or how far you traveled, and no you can't have your money back either. 

Does the amount of alcohol consumed help in any way?

• DFM unpinned this topic
On 12/14/2015 at 10:37 AM, RetroNathan said:

Does the amount of alcohol consumed help in any way?

Yeah I plan on it at some point. We found that the printed out bracket we had wasn't aligning with the online bracket when entering results so we scrapped the online one and just went with the written bracket for the rest of the way. I plan to recreate it on Challonge with the correct results.

Also like always I will send these results off to the Madison crew to add to their records as well.