Dubuque, IA - 12/12/15 - Tomczak Bowl VIII

22 minutes ago, coconuts0622 said:

Also, so are we looking at any walk-ins or late registrants besides Reg? 

Probably not any others that'll effect the top seedings. Most walk ins are guys that don't normally play a whole lot.

We'll probably get things rolling close to 1pm. With a smaller group and the new venue we can play a little more fast and loose with our timeframe. We're not constrained on being done at a certain time and we won't have a shitty metal band performing that night.

UNI plays football at 11am so I hope to get some TVs set to that as well.  The bar is one wide open space and there are a crapload of TVs. It's nice.

48 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

Me too. God I need to get a practice game in. Is anyone coming into town tonight?

I will be along with JD. We may be in for a couple practice games depending on how the kids do on the way down. Message me your number and I'll text you when I know more later tonight.

Edited by RetroNathan

On 11/29/2015 at 10:29 AM, Beef Juice said:

Some things of note.

3) To make it more fun for the lowly "two and done" guys we're going to hold a special single elimination mini-tourney for all the guys that lose two in a row and are out of the main tourney. We'll have a prize for the winner. It'll be... something.

What are your thoughts about offering up "The shannon" for this?

9 minutes ago, Nickabc said:

What are your thoughts about offering up "The shannon" for this?

No, I like Shannon being a street Tecmo trophy. Like the old Hardcore belt in WWE. It can be put on the line at any time.

We got a nifty chalice and a bottle of Andre Brut for the winner of the PT DUBS Cup

1 minute ago, RetroNathan said:

On the way down to the tournament just now, we passed Mark Murphy, Tecmo safety for the Green Bay Packers. This is the best picture that we could get, unfortunately, he's yawning and in a car. Ironically, my wife was pretty pumped to find out that this was the living legend.

image.jpg

MARK MURPHY! We sport the same haircuts!

6 minutes ago, Nickabc said:

Mark Murphy is clearly in a hurry to get to his destination, where there will be high stakes street tecmo.

I should note that I am the current holder of the Shannon. I just didn't want to take that damn trophy back home with me so Nick was kind enough to hold it until Tomczak Bowl.

YOU WANT IT YOU GOTTA GET THROUGH ME!

That won't be hard.

2 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

I should note that I am the current holder of the Shannon. I just didn't want to take that damn trophy back home with me so Nick was kind enough to hold it until Tomczak Bowl.

That won't be hard.

That's what she said

I was hoping you would put up the Shannon for the 0-2 tournament, thusly allow me to sandbag until obtaining "The shannon" (or "The Grogan" as I believe it was dubbed in Madison last year).  I applaud your ability to see through my treachery....

10 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

That won't be hard.

"In the last days of shannon being held in Dubuque, the chosen one shall pray upon the Tecmo Gods alter.  The sky will open and Hubie will reign down JJ's upon all who would dare oppose this righteous mans quest to return Shannon to the promised land"

"So let it be written, so let it be done. I'm sent by the chosen one....."

Edited by Nickabc