Dubuque, IA - 12/12/15 - Tomczak Bowl VIII

Dubuque is the drunkest city in the country apparently.

Drunkest city: Dubuque
> Pct of MSA adults binge or heavy drinking: 30.8%
> Pct. of state adults binge or heavy drinking: 20.1%
> Pct of driving deaths alcohol related: 19.2%

Almost 31% of Dubuque residents report heavy or binge drinking. Dubuque not only has one of the highest shares of adults consuming alcohol in excess in the state, but this percentage is largest proportions in the country, with 30.8% of adults reporting excessive drinking. The negative health consequences associated with alcohol consumption are well-acknowledged. However, less than 10% of Dubuque adults report fair or poor health compared to the 16% of adults who do nationwide. Alcohol is involved in just 19.2% of fatal car crashes in Dubuque, almost 12 percentage points lower than the share of alcohol-related driving deaths nationwide.

Read more: The Drunkest City in Each State - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/special-report/2015/11/11/the-drunkest-city-in-each-state/#ixzz3rr3RkngN 
Follow us: @247wallst on Twitter | 247wallst on Facebook

After talking with Beef Juice, we have decided to do a cross-promotion of sorts for our tournaments.

Anyone who signs up for Tundra Bowl III while playing at the Tomczak Bowl receives $5 off instantly for our tournament in January. If six or more people register for Tundra Bowl while at the Tomczak Bowl, we will draw one lucky person from those who registered there for FREE entrance into the Tundra Bowl, a $30 value! 

This way, we hope to get more Wisconsin participants to Tomczak and more from that tournament up to Tundra Bowl.

46 minutes ago, segathonsov said:

What time does it start?  Need to figure out when I need to leave.  All that snow melt yet?

Aim to be there at noon. It's about 4.5 hours to get here if you take US 52. This drive sucks by the way. There's no good route from the Twin Cities to Dubuque.

Snow is melting away. We got 11 inches. Hopefully it's all gone by the end of the week.

Each year I've tweaked our team tiers. Usually shift a team up or down from the year before. This year I'm introducing a new concept: Floating Tiers. We still have 5 tiers but now we have a bit of overlap as some teams will be available in more than one tier. My hope is to offer up even more matchup options for folks during tourney play. Also it seems I'm just bumping the same teams up and down different tiers each year. Making certain teams a "floater" I hope to not need to tweak things so much every year.

So without further ado. Here's the Team Tiers for Tomczak VIII. Plan accordingly!

Yfdgui2.png

Edited by Beef Juice

Some things of note.

1) We've changed how we roll for tiers a bit. Instead of 6 being "roll again" we're making it a "wild card", meaning the winner of the coin toss not only gets to pick the matchup but pick the tier as well.

2) Bar opens at 11am so folks can come at 11 and help set up and maybe get a warmup game in before we officially start.

3) To make it more fun for the lowly "two and done" guys we're going to hold a special single elimination mini-tourney for all the guys that lose two in a row and are out of the main tourney. We'll have a prize for the winner. It'll be... something.

4) We talked to the bar and hopefully will get some sort of drink deal hammered out for you guys. Probably along the same lines as before like two free drink tokens or something.

5) Go Hawkeyes.

Tomczak Bowl is Saturday, where the F is the buzz?  This thread should be bumping like Okoye vs the Colts.

Found our namesake has a twitter.

https://twitter.com/miketomczak18

Maybe we should flood him with tweets this week so we can get a phone call to congratulate the winner.

Get me pumped so I can make this god awful drive.

4 minutes ago, segathonsov said:

Tomczak Bowl is Saturday, where the F is the buzz?  This thread should be bumping like Okoye vs the Colts.

Found our namesake has a twitter.

https://twitter.com/miketomczak18

Maybe we should flood him with tweets this week so we can get a phone call to congratulate the winner.

Get me pumped so I can make this god awful drive.

Get you pumped? Go out to the garage and look at Shannon!

The 2 and done loser tournament I've decided to call the Peter Tom Willis Cup. Every person that loses two straight and is out of the main tourney will get a berth in this single elimination mini-tourney.  Duke it out with your fellow losers for the mighty P.T. Dubs!

4 minutes ago, segathonsov said:

@coconuts0622 Glad you are making the journey

@Beef Juice  Who is Peter tom Willis?  Make it the Marv Cook Cup.  The best Iowegian Tecmo Player.

10.png

Because Marv Cook was awesome. This tourney should not be named for someone awesome.

s568872814488652156_p1603_i1_w1100.jpeg