PAR/GG code to unlock the 'greats' immediately?

pi_hole

Hello all,

I'm playing with TSB3 using both my actual cart and ROMs on my RetroPie, phone, and desktop, and trying to locate a PAR/GG code which can unlock the 'greats' immediately rather than simming three seasons (but playing the Super Bowl) with an all-star team. Using my actual PAR on the cart is extremely tedious but probably the most likely to be effective, but due to its tedious nature I'm avoiding it. Using ZSNES on my desktop allows me to emulate the PAR by searching for codes, but ZSNES on Linux crashes after 30 minutes (I'm not the only one to experience this), and upon restart all saved code data is lost.

I managed to reduce the possibilities down to some 432 candidate codes, about 200 of which seem to be somewhat likely candidates, but I'm hoping someone here may already have done this legwork and will be willing to provide the code(s) in question. My operating assumption is that the game counts up from 0 to 3 before unlocking them, but apart from loading up a virtual Windows box and running one of the Windows SNES emulators, I'm not convinced I can locate the code(s) quickly, if at all (patience being my greatest limitation). As you can imagine, there are several thousand codes which loop through these values as the game is played, so I was actually quite thrilled to reduce it to 432 after winning a second Super Bowl.

Obviously, it's not at all difficult to unlock the 'greats' manually, but I'd rather have the ability to immediately begin building teams with them rather than sacrificing three seasons' worth of simulated stats.

Anyone?

I have a code for custom player points (7E0DD301; you'd have to manually assign them), and a fifteen-year-old notebook with codes for god only knows what (my labeling was, let's just say, unsatisfactory). Among them is a series of codes which evidently preassign player points (values = 'pips'; 0 = 1 total pips = 6pts, 10 = 16 total pips = 100pts -- hex values, obviously):

7E0DDA-F: RS, RP, MS, HP, BB, AG

7E0DE0-B: PS, PC, PA, AR, COOL, BC, REC, QUI, INT, KP, AB, KA

You'd still have to manually create each player unless you looked further into the hex values, but hopefully that helps.

Also, I would assume that the counter for unlocking the 'greats' would be near the team control marker (i.e. MAN, COA, COM, SKP), but a) that value seems to be assigned through an input function (i.e. BUF and ARI differ only by conference in terms of input), and b ) there are evidently not, as I had expected, an obvious set of 30 locations. I'll work on it some more...

Edited by pi_hole