Interception or reception on tipped balls?

drake

Possible? Every time I play and a ball gets tipped up, I keep thinking tsb needs it. Given how much you all here have accomplished, thought it was worth an ask.

Edited by drake

Personally, I think the interception rate in TSB is high enough without adding the ability for defenders to catch deflected passes.  One of the major improvements from TB to TSB was the introduction of incomplete passes (vs. passes that have only two possible results -- completion or interception).

By no means is tsb a sim, and realism isn't and probably shouldn't be the goal, though I think that the occasional LB or DL interception on a batted ball would make it more interesting. As with anything, experimentation would be in order. 

Would offensive catching on the deflection be possible as well, or just the D?

I think it would be cool if every defender had a chance to JJ int every QB.  Could be very low chances but it would at least add a little more risk in throwing timed JJ routes and throwing into coverage. Has this been done?

Yes I did a complete overhaul of the passing game tables in one of my roms.

1. I redid things so that the the CC% differences weren't as drastic at the extremes.

2. I redid the JJ int table matrix to this.... but you could make it so even more players could jj int. Plus I know more that I could change the jj int check altogether

746aa4917d.png

• 1 year later...

This may be a meaningless note:

@29bcf you can swap certain bytes to generate the INT sequence with the defender having the ball (I'd gotten this to partly work with 109e, but I can't duplicate it now; others go to the INT sequence, but freeze the game:  779d, 959d, e99d, 519d)....  I'm wondering what the jump to bytes are for the 29DD5/29DE4/29DF3 sequnce.  Could this be inserted into the @29bcf location?  Probably not because these seems to control something about going to whatever calculation is employed when the ball is in the air.

When the 10 9e swap was working (it had multiple times previously, but now it won't...???), players were grabbing INTs on regular passes from a solid distance away--like maybe 5 yards--so this seems not to be a viable answer, but that location will glitch during a tip drill session if you change it.  (I have a state saved to test).  You can also make players jump for the ball (won't repeat now--the code/data logger had been open) or make the game go to the jump for an INT cut scene (af9c, which still works, but anytime the ball is in the air it does this and it's not a natural pass sequence, plus changing the first byte gives different scenes) or to the FG cut scene.  It seems like the code isn't naturally made to permit this via one small change though and I can't read what's happening.