RBI Baseball - No Crying in Baseball Edition

Baron von Lector

This is a different kind of ROM than I’m used to making.

The rosters are comprised of teams from television shows and movies. The teams included are:

Bad News Bears (Bad News Bears)
New York Knights (The Natural)
The Benchwarmers (The Benchwarmers)
Rockford Peaches (A League of Their Own)
Durham Bulls (Bull Durham)
Cleveland Indians (Major League)
California Angels (Angels in the Outfield)
The Sandlot (The Sandlot and The Sandlot 2)
Chicago Black Sox (Eight Men Out)
Hollywood All-Stars (Players from various film and television shows)

This was a collaborative effort along with EddyDeanClassic. I took the liberty to have a little more fun with this ROM and make it less “simmy” and more “arcadey.” For example, Steve Nebraska on the Hollywood All-Stars pitching is so unrealistic, it has to be played to be seen (120MPH fastballs, curves that do literal 180 degree turns mid-flight, and sliders that slow down to 15MPH). “Willie Mays” Hayes on the Indians is incredibly fast, and Babe Ruth is tucked away on The Sandlot’s bench.

BaronROMs.wordpress.com

RBI Baseball - No Crying Edition.nes

Edited by Baron von Lector

This is awesome!  Major League was one of my favorite movies as a kid- and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed playing RBI baseball.  Can't wait to crush some HRs with Pedro Cerrano later on. 

"Is very bad to steal Jobu's rum....is very bad."

@Kamphuana8 It's highly doubtful.  We scraped the barrel just trying to come up with 10 "quality" teams.  Adding 20 more teams would be just filler, and I don't know how to change how the team names appear on RBI3.  My skills are limited, but I make well with the tools that I have at my disposal.

BaronROMs.wordpress.com

@Knobbe - Here's the roster that EddyDeanClassic came up with:

Sam Mayday Malone--STUD Closer from Cheers tv series

Steve Nebraska--SP PHENOM from The Scout film...Make him unhittable almost? as he was in the film lol

Billy Chapel--SP from Costner film For the love of the Game...vet with good stuff and great breaking ball and curve

Jack Elliot--Mr Baseball...1B...hits for everything and great fielder..low speed

Max Hammer Dubois--OF...Mr Baseball...power hitter with decent speed..funny he also played Cerrano in Major League

Billy Brubaker--C from Summer Catch---great hitter with great speed for a C

Mickey Dominguez--Infielder from summer catch..great glove and speed and hits for high average but no pop

Gus Sinski--C from For Love of the Game ...great defense and hits for pop but bad average..bad speed

Bobby Rayburn--OF.....from The Fan...Wesley Snipes played a Barry Bonds type who blasts everything out of the park and is 5 tool

Ray Kinsella..ANY POS..OF?...Gotta be in this game right?

John Kinsella...any position although primarily C from Field of Dream...make him a star as his role was incredible and memorable of what could have been

Moonlight Graham--INF from Field of Dreams...skinny white kid who had all the tools sans power...essential and fun to think he could be in this game!

Cecil Stud Cantrell--3B from the movie Long Gone...solid all around with average pop

Jamie Weeks---SS from the movie Long Gone...great speed, defense, average and ok power

Joe Louis Brown--OF/C from movie Long Gone...Think Josh Gibson ish as he is that good in the movie

Kenny Powers of the Myrtle Beach Mermen

Edited by Baron von Lector

@Bodom It was intentional-ish.  I first learned that you can make some crazy pitches when I was working on knuckleballer Tim Wakefield.  I max/min'd out some numbers on Nebraska and when testing him out to see what the extremes would do, I realized "Wow, that's a lot of fun."  So I kept it in.

BaronROMs.wordpress.com

Or maybe I should have just read the first post where this was clearly identified.

Either way, cool ROMs.