Centralia, WA - 07/11/2015 - The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 4 (PNWTC4)

manYo

PNWTC4 FORMAT:

• This will be a Kumite-style of tournament, quadruple elimination.  Basically, this: you lose 4 times, you are out... LAST MAN STANDING WINS.

• The first round will match players via random drawing just before kickoff.  Each round after that will pair up players "swiss-style," which we've used in the past a few times (calculated on challonge tourney site) and basically means #1 plays #2, #3 plays #4, and so on, for each round.  (Seed #'s will be based on wins, and I'll figure out the tiebreakers once I set up the challonge site and see what's possible.)

If there are an odd number of participants, then we will do a random drawing before each round to see who gets the bye for that round (each person allowed only one bye until all players have one bye).

SCHEDULE:

• 11am -- PRESEASON: tecmo scrims, BBQ, get to know your keg, pay fees, practice console kicking, pickleball, whiffleball, whatever, wait for everyone to show up, etc.

• 1pm -- TOURNEY, ROUND 1: see above for format details.  No idea when the tourney will end, tbh... probably 4-5 hours?

this tournament's format and schedule have been decided, see above.  personally pumped for the kumite-style this year!  however, the schedule might change a bit..... what I'm trying to balance is the desire some of us have expressed at past tournaments to be able to watch other people play more, and of course have breaks, etc... with the need for the tournament to get games in and progress at a reasonable rate.  pretty sure we'll have plenty of TVs for all games each round to be played at the same time, but yeah i'll work on a schedule soon, maybe give a few byes each round, or structure in some break times like last year, something like that..... if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, please do post em.

I will send everyone an e-mail within the next week with more info (accomodations available, food/beer situations, equipment needed, etc.), and I will send it and have all tourney details and schedules locked down for good by the date of July 3, if not sooner...... mahalo!

Well boyz..............................................(sigh)................................................I got a dilema......

This is my last year of Semi~Pro football, and I didn't think we were actually gonna make the playoffs with a .500 record, but the 2 divisional teams we needed to lose to get in did, and we won our final regular season game last night..........and guess when our first playoff game takes place???  You got it...........JULY 11th.

I'm stuck between a rock & a hard place........I have to show up because this is my last year, you can't play football for ever, and I'm on the field more than I actually wanna be............

..............I really don't know what to say (for once) 

This same thing has happened before, but I was hurt and it was eazyer to make an excuse to the coach and team, and just not show up.

Manyo.....I wish you could push back the Tourney date, but that's kind of alot to ask on such short notice.  If we would have lost last night, this conversation wouldn't even be happening.  That's why I havn't been on here lately talkin' my $#!t.

That's what I meant by CODE 5.......You guy's KNOW I wanna be there :(

i only have 2 regrets in life, i'll tell ya........ and 1 of them is i didn't play football my senior year of high school in order to live life large instead (coulda been a great tailback! might even say a TAILBACK KING!)..... so if you are gonna go play real football, well that's about the only excuse i'd accept to miss this tourney...... but hey, if you tweak an ankle between here and now, cya in C-Town!

one last sprig of hope remains tho.... DT from Buffalo said he could play on the 18th instead..... i don't want to raise hopes tho, cuz if there is ONE person that can't make it the 18th instead then that whole idea is off the kebosh...... and we have a guy coming from Idaho remember, DongQuixote, and who knows who else...... but just sayin', if anyone else wants to say anything in that regard better do it now, but i'm planning on keeping it 7/11.

This succs.....................................................d!ck.  You better skipe, send, e-mail, or post me the results live on TSB.com or Facebook so I can checkup on the stats and scores live at halftime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SERIOUSLY.

(p.s.  What's even funnier is, I had my cousin's wedding reception to go to on July 11th too, and was gonna say fuck that for this Tourney...........that's how much I wanted to be there brothaz....................I guess it wasn't meant to be...........I REALLY hope there's some kinda "Hot August Nights" s#!t in Centrailia before this summer ends........we only live once........I GUARANTEE I'd be there with a bottle of Devil's Cut and a half rack....................

Sincerely,

~T.K.

i'm there

WoW Grip...I don't know if it's because I get home WAY to late, or I'm off one too many brewskies, but I alwayz shed a tear when I see your avatars................................I seriously can't stop laughing.......right when it ends, it starts right over again.......Ha hA ha Ha hA hA ha!!!  The Joe Montana one was the measuring stick............

PNWTC3 Recap -- Round 3

Round 3 saw only one series go the full set, as Fairf swept Stu (1 BSD), Grip swept Leroy (2 BSDs), Kamp swept TBK (1 shutout), and Vader swept Burn1.  The only series that seemed competitive at all actually just happened to be on the recording TV (btw, this year I'll be able to record a few more at a time), and in the first game Teddy and Manyo played a close game, with Teddy's Cowboys edging Manyo's Jets, 21-14.  Game 2 saw a classic manyo matchup (I prob called it), CIN/DET...... Ted snatched Cincy, I got my Leos and we prepared to do battle...

>https://youtu.be/ks9QHlGltJ0

Round 3 Scorecard (click to enlarge):

PNWTC3%20R3_zpsatfvjons.png

PNWTC3 Recap -- Round 4

Round 4 included three sweeps: Vader invaded Kamp's headspace for a BSD blowout (TB over MIA) and then what looks like an OT victory, DET over MIA..... Gripsmoke smoked Manyo, getting a shutout in the first game (DET over CIN), then offered DET/MIA and I took Dan and lost soundly again, 21-10 (bastard)..... TBK and Leroy Brown, good buddies from P-Town, declared their series an OG arena and took their personal "home" teams (PHX/CLE), and TBK proceeded to take Leroy's bad bad Browns to the Johnny Johnson woodshed for a pair of solid wins, and the Mouth of the South was back!  Burn1 and Stu went the distance, looks like some great battles the first two games, splitting the wins... but Stu's Bills crushed Burn1's EaGGles in Game 3, 28-7.

Which brings us to one of the best games of the tournament, Game 3 of Ted/Fairf.  Each player beat the other handily in Games 1 and 2, but the rubber match was STRAIGHT UP THRILLA......

>https://youtu.be/dtQtkVp-Dcc

Round 4 Scorecard (click to enlarge):

PNWTC3%20R4_zpshae6cvj9.png

Edited by manYo

PNWTC3 Recap -- Round 5

Round 5, the final round of the regular season, was poppin' off with great battles left and right, and every series went the distance... well, sort of.  Vader and myself split the first two games, but then I assed-out of Game 3 with a forfeit..... and I'm trying to remember why, but I think it was cuz I was busy with something, probably figuring out the playoffs situation and I knew I was already disqualified and vader was locked in, so yeah.  And looks like Burn One and Leroy Brown called it quits after a ruff but fun day in the dojo (and hopefully an educational one), retiring to the lawn area for some R&R in the PNW sun.

Gripsmoke and SirTed had a great series, all three games decided by one score or less, grip riding the lions a few more times and teddy doing his dan thing... but teddy marino pulled it out in the end, 21-14, for the series win.  TBK and Stu locked into the same teams for each game of their series (PHX/PIT), and each game one looked like a battle but Stu's Steel Curtain shut Johnny down in Game 3 FTW, 17-7.

The last series found two PNW power players, Kamphuna and Farifieldr, trading haymakers in the first two games...... Game 1: WAS (kamp) 28, MIN (fairf) 14..... Game 2: NYG (randy) 30, HOU (kamp) 21..... and for Game 3, I'm guessing Randy made the matchup call, DET/MIA, but kamp was not born yesterday and took the marine mammals, while the fiasco from pasco rode his lions into battle.....

>https://youtu.be/Ua0JYiRlVX8

Round 5 Scorecard (click to enlarge):

PNWTC3%20R5_zpsifd502bl.png

Edited by manYo

PNWTC3 Recap -- Playoffs

At this point in the tournament, we decided that as much as this day had been as close to Tecmo Valhalla as possible, it had to end sometime..... and the hard battlin', fine beer and sunshine had everyone running on empty as well.  So we took the Top 4 in the Mayhem Standings and set them loose in a single-elimination tournament.  Fairf came in as the #2 seed, Vader as the #3... so they locked horns in the first playoff game, and Vader's EaGGles squeaked by Randy's Raidazz, 10-7.

SIrTed entered as the #1 seed, so he matched up against the #4 seed, Gripsmoke.... a game you can watch here:

>https://youtu.be/6Kd05s9m8xw

PNWTC3 Super Bowl -- TB (gripsmoke) vs. RAM (invaderstar)

Which brings us to da Supah Bowl!  Now THIS was a great game, <officially> the best game of the tournament... very much worth the watch!

>https://youtu.be/rn5um38WfVA

Playoffs Scorecard (click to enlarge):

playoffs%20scorecard%20PNWTC3_zpshger5sq