Centralia, WA - 07/11/2015 - The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 4 (PNWTC4)

manYo

The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship IV (PNWTC4)

In Which Chris Warren hears someone shout,

WARM IT UP CHRIS!

and he replies, I'M ABOUT TO!

and proceeds to torch the New England Patriots defense

to the tune of 93 tuff mutha ph*cca yards,

on 23 grindhouse man-carries,

17 of which are sent straight to Ronnie Lippett's uGGly mug,

~FTW~

CUZ THAT'S WHAT HE WAS BORN TO DO!

kriss-kross-walk-o.gifchris%20warrenMED_zpsjbbmjju1.jpg

DATE: Saturday, July 11 7-11-logo.jpg

PLACE: Centralia, WA @ Manyo’s

SCHEDULE:

• 10am-1pm: Preseason (registration, scrims, food/drink, pickleball, etc.)
  • 1pm-???: Kumite Tournament (quintuple elimination) -- estimated time: 6+ hours

TOURNEY ROSTER:

1. Teddy -- CONFIRMED
  2. DT -- CONFIRMED
  3. Manyo -- CONFIRMED
  4. BoogieWithStu -- CONFIRMED
  5. Joe B -- CONFIRMED
  6. Tick -- CONFIRMED
  7. Hanging Chadwick -- CONFIRMED
  8. Kamphuna -- CONFIRMED
  9. Gripsmoke -- CONFIRMED
  10. InvaderStar -- CONFIRMED

PNWTC4 FORMAT:

• This will be a Kumite-style of tournament, quintuple elimination.  Basically, this: you lose 5 times, you are out... LAST MAN STANDING WINS.
  • The first round will match players via random drawing.  Each round after that will pair up players "swiss-style," which basically means the top-ranked player will play the 2nd-ranked player, the #3 ranked player will play the #4 ranked player, and so on down the line... subject to the restriction that no player will play the same player twice, until such matchups become unavoidable near the end.
  • The rankings before each round will be determined by total wins, with the tiebreakers after that being, in order: head to head, total point differential, coin flip.
  • If there are an odd number of participants at the beginning of any round, then we will do a random drawing before that round to see who gets the BYE (each person allowed only one bye until all players have had one bye. then we reset).  A person with a BYE is given a win in the standings for the purpose of the rankings system.

TOURNAMENT AND IN-GAME RULES:

• Team Matchups: Matchups will be determined "Madison-style."  Which means both players will flip a coin before the game, the coin flip winner must declare the matchup, and the other person can then choose either the team they play with or controller-side... and the coin-flip winner decides whatever is left to decide (team or controller-side).
  • No rushing with WR or TE: Here is the breakdown as to who can play what position.  RBs can play RB, WR, or TE, and have no restrictions at these positions.  WRs can play RB, WR, or TE, but they may never run the ball from the running back position, only reverses from the wide receiver position.  TEs may play RB, WR, or TE, but they may never run the ball from the running back position, only reverses from the wide receiver position. 
    • NOTE: Some teams have WRs in the RB2 slot as a default (e.g. WAS and HOU), but those WRs are still not allowed to run the ball. 
    • Please help to educate your opponent as to this rule if you see that he or she does not seem to be aware of its existence.  If someone breaks the rule, call Manyo over to determine what to do next, if necessary.

• Ties: No such thing as a “tie” in this tournament. If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score ("sudden death") in the new game is the winner.  In this case, players must use the same playbooks as they had in the regulation game.  Also, whoever received the kickoff in the first overtime must kickoff in the 2nd OT (the “new game”).
  • Lurching: To "lurch" is to use one of your defensive linemen to dive in at the very beginning of the play and either sack the QB or tackle the RB before those plays really had a chance to develop. Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL…

When crossing over the line of scrimmage WITHIN the restricted circle (SEE GRAPHIC BELOW) with a DL, before making a play on the ball carrier, you must first bump or grapple with an opposing player who is not the ball carrier. However, there are no restrictions on DL when the offense is in the shotgun or when crossing over the line of scrimmage OUTSIDE the restricted circle."

lurching.gif

• 4th Man Down: Using the LB1 (4th man down) to attempt to block Field Goals or Extra Points WILL be allowed at anytime during this tournament.
  • Coin Toss: Do not skip the coin toss unless both players agree to do so before the game.
  • Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are allowed at any time, in any situation.
  • Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive, or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  • Controllers: Players are not allowed to bring their own controller to use in games.  Nor are they allowed to switch controllers on the machine without prior agreement from both players.  If there is a problem with a controller, notify your opponent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and if you guys can’t come to a solution on your own, ask Manyo… and again, the earlier in the game the better.  Outside controllers are welcome, but they are not allowed to travel with a player throughout the tournament.
  • Tournament Disputes: Manyo is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is, then Kamphuna will resolve the dispute.  If they’re both playing, then someone else will decide, we’ll see.
  • Etiquette: It is suggested that you say good luck before, and good game after each contest.  Above all, remember to have fun, battle hard, and know that the Tecmo Gods WILL play their role in determining your fate in this tournament.

FOOD/DRINK/EXTRA: a BBQ will be available, bring your own food and fixins... a keg of beer (Mac N Jack African Amber) will also be available for a fee... also available: swimming pool, basketball, pickleball, whiffleball, etc.

FEES/PRIZES: $20 entry fee.  $10-$20 keg cup.  Top 3 will earn PNW medals: gold, silver, bronze.  Payouts for the Top-4 in the tournament will include the following percentages of the total pot (-$40 for the medals):

• 1st: 50%
  • 2nd: 25%
  • 3rd: 15%
  • 4th: 10%

LIVE STREAM: TBD

7c0aaf75-60cf-4f68-a079-4ef29418f96f_zps

897033b3-0d0d-45be-b24d-bab458c4f5e4_zps1440154_zps99c3bbba.jpg

Edited by manYo

Yo Manyo.............call me.  Let me know when this $#!t gets {OFFICIAL}...I will attend.  Nike still cuttin' off the computers to this site....................FUCC COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!

I think Knobbe has a way of creating a workaround for that.

I can't wait for this either

PLAYER ROSTER AND PRESEASON RANKINGS:

1. Kamphuna ("I'm there. YOU KNOW THIS, MAN!")
  2. Teddy ("I am IN!")
  3. Manyo ("yeah")
  4. Nick Montana ("Gonna try to make this one.")
  5. The Tailback King (carrier pigeon hasn't returned yet, but I'm sure he's in)
  6. The Great Randolio ("75% chance of going if GoNick goes")
  7. TBK entourage?
  8. TBK entourage?
  9. ?
  10. ?
  11. ?
  12. ?
  13. ?
  14. ?
  15. ?
  16. ?

AZZ-OUT / WEAK SAUCE / SCURRED:

1. Burn1 ("That's our class reunion weekend. Just sayin. Gerken is also getting married the next day in Yakima. I don't think I can make it. Have fun!" BOOOO! That's my class reunion too... so let's see now, live Tecmo battles? or awkward nostalgic conversations with people I kinda maybe knew 20 years ago? Wow... dafuq you thinking, Burn1! )

ROSTER UPDATED ABOVE

No Reply yet from: Stu (+Joe?), Vader, Grip, Da Professor, Dong Quixote (sent a PM)... and a handful of others I usually don't hear back from.

If there's anyone else I haven't messaged that wants to attend, please post your intentions here or send me an e-mail: manyo360 at aim dot com.  Thanks.

Yo Manyo.............call me.  Let me know when this $#!t gets {OFFICIAL}...I will attend.  Nike still cuttin' off the computers to this site....................FUCC COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!

I'll get you the hook up

Pickleball, BBQ, and the usual things should be available on these days as well..... and of course mac n jacks pony is a tradition like no other.

KampHuna has unfortunately already started a tradition... the Puke n Rally. ..

• 2 weeks later...