vogtcd11

Fairfield, OH - 07/18/2015 - 2015 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (8th Annual)

59 posts in this topic

My defense however was able to shut down SD. I thought personally it was a poor choice of playbook from Derek as the offset plays are easily stopped by LB4. I think this limited the plays I had to worry about defending and ultimately ended up being the deciding factor as SD just couldn't move the ball. Denver ends up on top and I was able to claim my second straight Midwest championship!

Thanks again to all who were involved in putting it together and who participated!

This is why I went with you by 14 again in the second game once I saw the i form playbook. Thought SD would have a hard time to moving the ball and for the most part they didn't especially not  winning many taps. 

Giving you the Raiders was also an odd choice to me.....

On 3/17/2016 at 1:16 AM, duecethasa1nt said:

Waiting for this to be announced for 2016.

It's posted on Facebook. It's scheduled for the last Saturday in July. Do your research brah!!

Edited by suicideking81

7 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

It's posted on Facebook. It's scheduled for the last Saturday in July. Do your research brah!!

I didn't see this either. I definitely don't keep up on various tourney FB pages.

1 hour ago, suicideking81 said:
38 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I didn't see this either. I definitely don't keep up on various tourney FB pages. Come on, brah!

I kno im not the onllyyyy one. 

On 3/17/2016 at 2:16 AM, duecethasa1nt said:

Waiting for this to be announced for 2016.

Here you go!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DT.
      Here we go. We're actually doing it. We're gonna let Johnny Johnson run wild in the Beaver (state).

SirTed and I will be crossing the mighty Columbia to bring the Tecmo heat into the Rose City. Even though Gripsmoke and Tailback King are the only Tecmoers to make much noise out of P-town (one with his play, the other with his spray), they are both HOFers, and Oregon is due for some hot Tecmo action.

WHEN
      January 28th, 2017, 11 am. 
      (The Saturday between the Conference Championships and the Superbowl)

WHERE
      Concordia Ale House 3276 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211
      (Ground Kontrol isn't big enough for all us heavyweights, I'm still down to hit it up after)

WHAT
      Tecmo Super Bowl... and more...
      (get some)

WYMAN
      well...

Seattle has juice and Centralia is... centrally located, but it's time to mix it up and let Portland get some shine. The City of Roses. Bridgetown. Rip City. PDX. One of the jewels of the region and home to something in the sports world we are sorely lacking in Seattle- NBA Basketball.

Ted and I will be parlaying our journey South into Friday Night Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trailblazers action 1/27. Hope you can join us.

AND This tournament will not just be a Tecmo Super Bowl showdown. In honor of Clyde the Glide, Terry Porter, and Rick Adelman's mustache, this event will also feature a (very small) Tecmo NBA Basketball Tournament. RIP CITY

WHERE YOU AT TBK!? LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(as if there was any doubt... I'm already putting you on the list, best make it happen)

1. Gripsmoke
      2. Tailback King
      3. DT
      4. SirTed 
      5. Kamphuna
      6. Manyo
      7. Tick
      8. Xtra Largent
      9. '91 Huskies
      10. The Walrus
      11. SuperSonics
      12. Coach Pearson
      13. GoBlue84
      14. Cervin
      15. RPW44
      16. xavalepdx
      17. LT#56
      18. ????

Oh this is gettin juicy. WHO ELSE??

Shout out your presence here in the forum or message me or SirTed up! This is your chance to be a part of the FIRST MAJOR PORTLAND TECMO Tournament and the FIRST (albeit very small) TECMO NBA BASKETBALL Tournament!

MORE DETAILS

We are STARTING at 11 am. Please don't be late. Show up EARLIER than 11, so we can do last second adjustments, explain the rules, and get to playing right away.

Entry Fee: $30. Payouts: $60 to the top newcomer. 3rd place gets their money back. $60 for 2nd place. Champ takes home the rest. Loser's bracket champion will once again have their choice of two prizes with the Loser's bracket runner-up getting the other.

More details on format to be revealed soon! Everyone will get loads of games! BRING IT

@PortlandTecmo 
    • By Baron von Lector
      Super Mario 2016
      View File This is Super Mario Bros. 2016!

In short, this is a graphically enhanced version of the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES.  Using Tile Layer Pro, I swapped out most of SMB's sprites with those found in Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3.  Those that I didn't swap, I modified to give them more of a SMB2/3 feel.

No gameplay was modified, as this is strictly a cosmetic update.  In fact, the only time I used a hex editor was when I changed the date on the title screen from 1985 to 2016.  Nothing more.

Enjoy!
      Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 12/01/2016 Category NES  
    • By Baron von Lector
      This is Super Mario Bros. 2016!

In short, this is a graphically enhanced version of the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES.  Using Tile Layer Pro, I swapped out most of SMB's sprites with those found in Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3.  Those that I didn't swap, I modified to give them more of a SMB2/3 feel.

No gameplay was modified, as this is strictly a cosmetic update.  In fact, the only time I used a hex editor was when I changed the date on the title screen from 1985 to 2016.  Nothing more.

Enjoy!
    • By TheRaja
      Hey all. Im working on my yearly TFO Rom and last season I started to give away the prize of placing text on the Tecmo Blimp that appears at halftime. So since I have my notes and couldn't find this on the boards I wanted to post it for others... and so I won't lose it next season when I do this all again

So I like to think of the Tecmo Blimp as having 2 Lines of 10 "Spots". These spots are filled in with 8x8 pixel images. There are 16 available characters to use in these spots (not counting spaces). You would need to go in and EDIT these with your own images/letters/characters to appear on the blimp and one could have MORE spots by doing some edits on their own but I stick with the 16 as I haven't had an issue with it.

I know there is more "real estate" on the blimp that could be used but since it shares a pallet with the background clouds I just stick with the two 10 character lines.

CHARACTER GRAPHIC SPOTS (17 total counting Space/Blank)
      03 = Space/Blank (DO NOT OVERWRITE)
      0B = Left Part of Helmet Icon
      0F = Right Part of Helmet Icon
      1D = E (blue)
      37 = C (blue)
      39 = T (blue)
      3D = M (blue)
      3E = O (blue)
      3F = S (pink)
      41 = U (pink)
      42 = P (pink)
      43 = E (pink)
      44 = R (pink)
      45 = B (pink)
      46 = O (pink)
      47 = W (pink)
      48 = L (pink)

SPOTS AVAILABLE ON THE BLIMP (2 Lines of 10)
      1ST: LINE: 0x1446c   0x1446d   0x1447b   0x1447c   0x1447d   0x1447e   0x1448c   0x1448d   0x1448e   0x1448f
      2ND LINE: 0x14470   0x14471   0x1447f   0x14480   0x14481   0x14482   0x14490   0x14491   0x14492   0x14493

PALLET LOCATION (3 colors)
      BLUE: 0x1a02d
      PINK:  0x1a02e
      WHITE:  0x1a02f (DO NOT CHANGE)
      [Recommended not to mess with the white as the rest of the blimp's white spots share the same pallet as the clouds in the background]

Attached is TFO 2016's Blimp Have fun!!!!