TSB Editor - TSBTool - Season Generator

BAD_AL

So far so good! One problem so far......

The last DB for the 49ers is all jumbled up. It says

danaHallANKS6mertonHANKS6mertonHANKS (something like that!)

The file says error when you try to apply it to the rom. 8O

Forget about what i just said! Just erase all the garbage and it's fine! :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested most of the other stuff. it appears to work fine. But, the DB for the 49ers keeps coming up jumbled even after you save the rom and open it again.

The return team didn't seem to work. The formations were a breeze! A+++++++++++ my friend! :):)8O

I'm not seeing the 49ers DB2 all jumbled up. Can you upload the script?

Also, Make sure you delete the 'srm' file when testing.

About the return team...

If you do something like:

RETURN_TEAM WR4, RB1, TE2

KR, WR4

PR, WR1

It will first assign WR4, RB1, TE2 to the return team, then it will process:

"KR, WR4"

(with no change to the return team).

Then when it processes:

"PR, WR1"

It will see that "WR1" is not on the return team, then assign him to the #2 spot on the return team, and then assign him as the punt returner.

iT WAS MY ROM! :) I downloaded my updated 1993 version from the "Custom" section. Sorry! :)

Everything works great so far. Did you notice the playbook issue with passes 3 & 4?

BAD_AL, can you find where the minutes per quarter hex is? I've been looking on and off for days now and can't find squat. This would be a huge find.

What about playbook swapping ability? like putting a run from run 3 into run 2. Is this possible?

your programming is top notch BAD_AL!!!!! Kudos for all your hard work! Let me know what else you need from me. 8O

1. The playbook issue should be fixed in the latest beta.

2. Minutes per quarter might be difficult to find (I'll have a look at where it is in the nes version, and see if I can find a similar pattern in the snes version)

3. I not going to say Play swapping would be impossible, but I don't know how to do it.

iT WAS MY ROM! Cool I downloaded my updated 1993 version from the "Custom" section. Sorry!

About your ROM, what size is it?

The one I've been targeting is 1,572,864 bytes.

I just uploaded the 2005 season data (page 1 of thread, in my second post).

I couldn't put it in the first post because I already had 3 things uploaded there.

Tecmo Super Bowl Tool Notes:

1. I'm currently working on SNES_TSBTool. It's pretty much done. I'm just searching for the way to change race in the cut scenes.

2. I'm going to update TSBSeasonGen to also assign a couple extra DBs for the SNES version. I'm also going to fix the defensive simulation problem (sim pass defense and sim pass rush for players do not add up to 255).

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah i checked it and that appears to be the case ...however after adjusting the kicker and punter sim values to make the team offence and defense sim properly it did save the settings but it didn't make any difference in how the teams simed. I assume whats going on is the team sim codes represented in the SNES TSB tool are not the actual team sim values but the kickers.

The punt/kick offense/defense bytes are located right next to eachother.

I was off by 1 in my GetTeamSimData and SetTeamSimData functions.

Thanks for finding the issue.

I'm going to upload the new beta for more testing. It'll be in the same place (page 6).

Works like a champ...The only problem I still see is the sim value for the 49ers appears to be off still. As everyone knows they were one of the worst teams last season and giving them a 1,2 sim value doesn't seem to stop them from going 12-4 every simed season I did. But other than that it works great. Keep up the good work! and thank you.

Wow, you're right.

It looks like I've got the falcons and 49ers mixed up.

After a quick glance at the source code, everything looks right.

But when I take another glance at the Sim value spreadsheet it looks like Tecmo didn't re-ordered the sim values for SNES TSB (they kept the order that they had in the nes version).

I'll special case the sim values and have this fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

alvin, you bad mother...

i am taking my spreadsheet output and paisting into an old elway7 rom thats been passed down a few times. and the qb's for the bills are VERY funky. qb one gets 100 for all red attributes and qb 2 gets 100 for MS and HP.

dont know what this is about. im checking it over and if i find a reason i will post.

If you find that it's a defect in SNES_TSBTool please zip up both the ROM and the input text file and upload it here.

I just downloaded one of his latest ROMs and applied the 1982 data to the ROM, everything came out fine.

im using TSB tool 1.1.2 and i dont think its a problem with tsb TOOL, i think it had something to do with TSB manager and TOOL combined... i didnt figure out exactly what the interference whas tho.

im going through and setting up playbooks for the teams and it would be cool if i didnt have to use manager for that.

i was thinking if TOOL had that then i could use my spreadsheet to take data from the attributes to determine the playbook! and have it auto generated like everything else i have right now.

face data is kinda basic right now, i have it based off HP and theres only 6 face options from smallest to large. one set for black one for white. but its better than nothing and now i dont have to go in and edit each one.

malfreds,

There's a feature in SNES_TSBTool that you may want to try out for assigning faces to players.

It's called 'Sanitize data for NES TSBTool'. It's under the 'View' menu. It aims to take out all of the SNES specific things, as well as re-do the faces for the NES version.

It relies on TSBSeasonGen's 'TSB_DATA/NumberFaceData.txt' file. Basically, it reads the player names and positions in the input text and looks for that player name/position combo in the 'NumberFaceData.txt' file. If it's not found, it will apply a face based on skincolor and the length of the player's name.

Try the following to use it:

1. Paste your data into SNES_TSBTool.

2. Apply the data to some SNES TSB ROM.

3. Select 'View Contents'.

4. Select View->Sanatize data for NES TSBTool.

5. Copy the player data and paste it into TSBTool (for the nes).

6. Load your base rom.

7. Apply to Rom.

Give it a try and let me know if you encounter any problems.

The player faces are based on the original rom, as well as many of Rod and SBlueman's.

If there's a rom you want to add more faces from you can run the following from the commandline:

C:\TSB_NFL> TSBTool -j -n -f romName.nes >> TSBData/NumberFaceData.txt

This assumes that you are in the 'TSB_NFL' directory (This is the directory that I placed TSBTool and TSBSeasonGen into when I released it).

Note the double 'greater than' symbol '>>', make sure there are no spaces between those 2 symbols.

i downloaded TSB3 and the SNESTOOL didnt work with it, it said "not responding" when i tried to view contents.

i did it with TSB1 and it worked i guess, but many of the faces are white when not supposed to be. i think ill just stick with my one face fits all lol.

• 2 months later...

ive only used this program sparingly

from what i see it can draw the face information, not sure about the jersey number

but by face info if i recall says something like 18X45 or something of that nature

anyway u can make it pull out say 99.GIF, or AA.gif or something like that

and jersey #s possible? That would help me out great with my php uploading to mysql if u can

let me know

thanks

ive only used this program sparingly

from what i see it can draw the face information, not sure about the jersey number

but by face info if i recall says something like 18X45 or something of that nature

anyway u can make it pull out say 99.GIF, or AA.gif or something like that

and jersey #s possible? That would help me out great with my php uploading to mysql if u can

let me know

thanks

You can use TSBTool to extract Jersey numbers and face data (like 'Face=0x22', you can get the face bmp's from TSBM's 'FACES' directory )

TSBTool doesn't extract Images from a ROM.

Does bad al have an aol sn

I don't use any IM clients.