Indianapolis, IN - 06/20/15 - Tecmo Indy I

DStach

Tecmo Indy I

It is my pleasure to announce the inaugural Tecmo Indy I!

Date: June 20, 2015
Place: Books&Brews,9402 Uptown Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46256
Time: Sign In Open 11-1 p.m. Play kicks off around 1:30 p.m.
Registration Cost: $20.
Prizes: Cash prizes to top finishers. Additional prizes TBD. Cash prizes depend on number of attendees.
Format: Single-elimination SNES Tourney followed by an NES tourney with pool play seeding everyone into a double-elimination tournament.
Rules: Tecmo Madison rule set. Please visit tecmomadison.com/Rules for details. Full credit of rules goes to the Madison staff.

Open to anyone and everyone regardless of skill level.
Please visit our website at tecmoindy.com for more details and to register if you are interested in attending.

Edited by DStach

Thanks for registering and for helping to spread the word guys. Much appreciated.

And Knobbe, that original thread lead me to contacting the owner and ultimately choosing them as our host location. So thank you.

Dang. Wish this was a different date. I'll be in Florida. Hopefully some of my Bloomington, Illinois tecmo crew will be able to make it.

For those that want to attend but can't because of the date, I have the option of adjusting it back a week or forward to a week or two after.

I wouldn't move it and cause those who have signed up to be unable to attend. But if it causes no issues with those signed up, and another date would enable a greater attendance, I'd by all means consider changing the date.

If this dates not set in stone I know Saturday June 20th I could possibly round up my Bloomington crew. Hopefully that would be no less than 6 players. I'm not trying to have you change it if it doesn't work for your people, but just figured I'd give it a try. I run a tournament in Bloomington iillinois so if need be I could bring some of my equipment. I believe I have 8 good systems and games.

I'll check with the guys that are registered so far and see what they say. Will have to verify availability with the owner of B&B as well.

I think we are okay equipment wise. Derek has graciously came on board and offered his 6 systems/games/tvs. I have 2 of each so far and a buddy has 1-2 systems as well. I figure 10 stations should be good expecting 20-30 sign ups. Will see where we are in another month or so and let you know if we have additional needs. I really appreciate you offering.

Awesome Bloomington, IL crew will do its best to represent. We will lose but we will rep haha:)

Were you the guys in the t-shirts at Madison? The one guy I thought to flag down with the shirt really didn't know much about that tourney so I was curious about it (Sorry to derail)

I'll check with the guys that are registered so far and see what they say. Will have to verify availability with the owner of B&B as well.

I think we are okay equipment wise. Derek has graciously came on board and offered his 6 systems/games/tvs. I have 2 of each so far and a buddy has 1-2 systems as well. I figure 10 stations should be good expecting 20-30 sign ups. Will see where we are in another month or so and let you know if we have additional needs. I really appreciate you offering.

No Problem. I know the more systems the better. I usually run 8 to 10 systems at my tournament so I can offer more games. I usually run a 24 player tournament and divide the groups into 4 with 6 players in each. I play a round robin format were you play everyone in your group. I then take the top 4 and seed them into a championship double elimination bracket and take the bottom 2 teams and seed them a single elimination powder puff division. I guarantee everyone 6 games. I want to say the tournament lasts about 8 hours. I'm not sure if you've run a tournament before, but the more games you can guarantee I believe the more interest you will receive. Not telling you how to run your tournament just wanted to give you some ideas. 

Were you the guys in the t-shirts at Madison? The one guy I thought to flag down with the shirt really didn't know much about that tourney so I was curious about it (Sorry to derail)

Yeah, we were the ones in the BLONO TECMO t-shirts. I'm pretty sure the guy you talked to was Dildo. He told me he talked to someone at the tournament about our tournament, but couldn't remember who when I asked him. He is our team party guy who is at our tournament getting absolutely wasted and probably doesn't remember what happens half of the time. I'm the one who runs the Bloomington tournament if you have any questions.

Tournament date has been moved to June 20th. Everyone signed up so far is fine with it and verified with the owner of B&B that the 20th is open and held for us now.

This is good for the 513 crew.

• 2 months later...

One month to go! We are at 13 registered right now. I have two more pending. No huge announcements at the moment. I will be updating the site tonight hopefully with a few updates and some additional details.