Columbus, OH - 04/11/15 - Tupa Bowl I

Ryan11p

Columbus 1st Annual Tupa Bowl
Date: Saturday April 11th
Time: Registration and pregames begin at 9:00 AM
Place: Barrel Spirits on High
Address: 1120 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43201
Entry fee: $20 btn_paynow_LG.gif (please include T-shirt size at checkout)
Participants: 32
Tourney Staff: Ryan Stewart (Ryan11p), Kevin H (KevinCabarello), James D (Oceanic1959), Matt D (Mattrick Swayze)

Notes:
Tupa Bowl prize money goes to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. This tournament will be using Madison rules and game set up format. We are open to over 32 players but first 32 signed up and paid are guaranteed the tourney T-Shirt. We intend to have an awesome raffle with a broad range of items. Also the Tupa Challenge which is most passing yards in a game with Phx BU QB Tom Tupa wins a special Tupa related prize. The registration fee can now be paid in advance thanks to Diaz.

Format:
We reserve the the right to change the format if the number of players forces a format change. (low/high numbers)
Players will be placed in pools, and skill level will be spread evenly throughout the pools. Pools will contain 4 players that each play each other to determine placement in a single elimination bracket. Point differential will determine top seeding and lower seeding of the single elimination bracket. Once the bracket has reached 4 final players a championship and 3rd place games will be played.

Rules Review: http://www.tecmomadison.com/Rules

[email protected]

btn_paynow_LG.gif (please include T-shirt size at checkout)

Check out our Word Press Page!

https://tecmocolumbus.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/tupa-bowl/

Edited by Ryan11p

tentative participant list

01 oceanic1959 (Columbus, OH)

02 jimsocks13 (Oak Hill, OH) PAID

03 tecmo_ninja (Streetsboro, OH)

04 ultimateweapon (Ohio) PAID

05 ryan11p (Columbus, OH) PAID

06 kevincaballero (Columbus, OH) PAID

07 Mattrick Swayze (Lebanon, OH) PAID

08 Woodshed (Oak Hill, OH)

09 Leo F (Cincinnati, OH)

10 Kario (Columbus, OH)

11 Nick G (Hartland, MI) PAID

12 Tony B. (Dexter, MI) PAID

14 Jeff L (Columbus Ohio)

15 J.R. R (Columbus, Ohio)

16 John S (Columbus, Ohio) PAID

18 Nate B (Columbus, OH)

19 Brian L (Columbus, OH)

20 Louis B (Buffalo, NY) PAID

21 Bill S (Columbus, OH)

22 Mark M (Columbus, OH)

24 Gavin K (Columbus, OH)

25 Matt M (Elkhart, IN)

26 Brian P (Canton, OH) PAID

27 Phil C ( Columbus, OH) PAID

28 Kevin S (Grove City, OH) PAID

29 Scott K (Columbus, OH) PAID

30 Josh M (Columbus, OH) PAID

31 Scott G (Blacklick, OH) PAID

32 Rex M (Columbus, OH)

Edited by Ryan11p

• 2 weeks later...

Ok officially crunch time for the Tupa Bowl 1 month out and our field as of now is looking legit. With the vogts, Louis and Mort B, Matt Miller, and several others figure out if they can make make it, The first annual Tupa Bowl is looking like a blood bath each day!

Is Joe M. bringing a date like a boss? That is what I would like to know.

LoL...I was playing tecmo vs some asian chick i met at the bar after i got knocked out..

Louis, John Barhoover is planning on coming I would ask him too youngstown is on your way

sweet

Has Mort woken up yet from Tecmo XI?

Yep...actually he drove most of the way home. the bus tickets from cleveland were sold out. so joey took a megabus from buffalo to philly

I might be able to free up time for this.  I play mostly casually against some nerdy fellows I know.  

I played two tourney's at my work place (Yes we had them at work as like a fun Christmas thing) But niether tourney was madison format.  One had every one could pick whatever team they wanted against whatever team their opponent wanted.  I won using the bears.  And the other tourney involved teams being randomly chosen at the start of each round.  I got to finals where I randomly got Denver and my Opponent got Eagles.  Lost that game.  Also was in one impromptu tourney at a anime/videogame/comic convention back in 2009 where I got first in another pick whoever tourney where I used the chiefs.   All 3 tourney's were 8 man tourneys where lurching was illegal (lurching is so cheap)

Considering I am not known well here am I guaranteed the worst seed in this tourney if I come to it?

Edited by Mr. Anderson

Considering I am not known well here am I guaranteed the worst seed in this tourney if I come to it?

Players will be placed in pools, and skill level will be spread evenly throughout the pools. Pools will contain 4 players that each play each other to determine placement in a single elimination bracket. Point differential will determine top seeding and lower seeding of the single elimination bracket. Once the bracket has reached 4 final players a championship and 3rd place games will be played.

So you're guaranteed 4 games, 3 in the pool and then a tourney seed based on your win/loss point diff.

Also, are those the shirts on the word press page? Those are awesome! I have an 8-bit apparel sweatshirt and its great.

Edited by JimSocks13