Columbus, OH - Early April, gauging interest

oceanic1959

Looking to host a tourney at the whiskey bar I work at. First Sunday in April. Great venue for a tecmo event and the owners are anxious to get this going. So, who on the forums would be into this? Would probably implement Madison's rules and do my best to provide a well-organized and quality tournament. Thanks for reading!

edit (first of many, and i'm completely open to suggestions as of how to run this):32 person participant list with a $25 entrance fee.

tentative participant list

01 oceanic1959 (columbus, oh)

02 jimsocks13

03 tecmo_ninja

04 ultimateweapon

05 ryan11p

06 kevincaballero

Edited by oceanic1959

Looking to host a tourney at the whiskey bar I work at. First Sunday in April. Great venue for a tecmo event and the owners are anxious to get this going. So, who on the forums would be into this? Would probably implement Madison's rules and do my best to provide a well-organized and quality tournament. Thanks for reading!

I always wondered when someone would run a tourney in Columbus!

I would probably be able to go if it was the last Sunday in March or the second Sunday in April.  

The first Sunday in April is Easter Sunday which may limit some players from attending.

oceanic1959,

Don't know who you are bud but I officially love you!, Here is the deal you have two active tourney guys in Columbus! Myself and Kevin C. will do anything you need to accomplish this! also sign me up I'm in all the way. I'm sure you know but any help from Chris Vogt who is my boy would be a major step the guy down right knows his stuff and puts on what I believe to be one of the best tourneys in the country. I will PM you my phone number please contact me anything needed I'm in.

Just to give the community an update on this tourney we took a major step last week I'll be posting an official soon but for the people wondering about this tourney here is the deal

Columbus 1st Annual Tupabowl

Date: Saturday April 11th

Time: Registration and pregames begin at 9:00 AM

Place: Barrel 44 Whiskey Bar

Address: 1120 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43201

Entry fee: $20

Tourney Staff:

Ryan Stewart (Ryan11p) Kevin H (KevinCabarello) James D (Oceanic1959)

Notes:

As of right now we have no charity or other obligations and the registration fee will not change. So 100% of the entry fee goes into 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. This tournament will be using Madison rules and game set up format. We intend to have random door type prizes including the Tupa Challenge which is most passing yards in a game with Phx BU QB Tom Tupa wins a special Tupa related prize. Tournament shirts are in the works. The registration fee will be paid at the tournament during registration.   

Edited by Ryan11p