Buffalo, NY - 05/16/15 - Buffalo Bounty III: For A Few Dollars Moore

CEupEiMWoAAlALE.jpg

What: Buffalo Bounty III For A Few Dollars Moore 5/16/2015
When: May 16th 5/16/2015
Where: Slick Willies Billiard Hall 2316 Niagara Falls BLVD Tonawanda NY 14150 716-743-8233
Time: UPDATE 1030am Registration 11am Kickoff NOTE: BAR ONLY ACCEPTS CASH ONLY

MAP LINK: https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_ylt=A0LEVxWh475USdQAaedXNyoA?p=slick+willies&addr=Buffalo%2C+NY&fr=yfp-t-102
DIRECTIONS:
***** IF COMING FROM AIRPORT: Take Highway 33 West (Towards downtown buffalo), Exit at I-90 Go East, Take exit #50/I-290/Niagara Falls onto Youngmann Expy (I-290 W) Go 5.3 mi, Take exit #3/US-62/Niag Falls Blvd 0.4 mi, Turn right onto Niagara Falls Blvd (US-62) 0.8 mi, Your destination on Niagara Falls Blvd (US-62) is on the left. 2316 Niagara Falls Blvd, Tonawanda, NY 14150-4759
Entry Fee: $20 Pay Via Paypal at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X4GN8LVYNCGFG ($5 to $10 goes toward your bounty fee depending on your experience level). If you are feeling the spirit of the "bounty" style tecmo tournament your more than welcome to increase your bounty more than $10. Note: Your bounty fee is included in $20 entry fee. If you played well in any tournament with "Madison" like rules than your bounty is $10 (we know who you are), rookies $5. Also we will conduct some live Satellite tournaments to spice the up the locals as another way to register for the tournament. Perhaps Lou will conduct some online satellite tournaments for registration fees (were not sure about this yet..).

Prize pool for 1st (55%), 2nd(30%) and 3rd(15%). $5 to $10 for every player You Knock Out, ****$50 Bounty who ever knocks out "mort1237" and ****$20 on last Years Champion "Red98sethuthut". $20 Hard-Luck Tecmoer prize--First Person TO GIVE UP a TD on a lost fumble, $20 Most Rushing Yards in the first 4 rounds with Thurman Thomas,50/50 Draw, Other Raffles.
****** If we get 40 prepaid players*********

BUFFALO BOUNTY I CHAMP Francis B. (mort1237) Runner up Laztlain (Jason P.) 3rd Louis B. (Red98sethuthut)
BUFFALO BOUNTY II CHAMP Louis. B. (red98sethuthut) Runner-up Matt V. (BigMV54) 3rd Francis B. (mort1237)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st step: email [email protected] with

NAME:
NICKNAME:
EQUIPMENT: Were in need of more N.E.S systems!!!! We have 4 nes that need to be repaired.
HOMETOWN:
PHONE #:

2nd step. Prepayment. Send $20 to [email protected] via https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X4GN8LVYNCGFG, money order (email 4 my mailing address), or In-person assuming your in buffalo area or see us at another tournament. We have also had problems with people saying they want to play then no show on game day. Refund Policy: We will give you refund up to 4 days before the tourney starts if we get an official notice that you can't make it .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FORMAT+RULES: RANDOM TRIPLE ELIMINATION ( $5 to $10 bounty prize 4 every player you knockout)
1. Tournament Format – Every player in the tournament will play one game per round. A random draw will determine each player’s opponent for the round. A player is eliminated from the tournament when they have accumulated three losses. The last player remaining will be declared the champion.

2. Byes - If there are an odd number of players at the start of a round, then one player will receive a bye (this will be determined through the random draw). Any player who has previously received any byes will be ineligible for another bye unless all other remaining players have also received byes.

3. Note: You may draw a opponent more than once. If this occurs you must alternate who calls the match-up on the "rematch" game!!!

Game play rules
1. D.l. line use with no lurching: A D.L. (defensive lineman) lurch is defined as trying to dive tackle or blitz the QB at the snap on a drop back pass or trying to use the same effect to break up a running play. Bumping the tackle is fine (on a up or down or backwards direction). Any other form of DL use is legal. The below video link shows what is illegal.

2. W.R. or T.E.’s Cannot have run plays in playbook(except 4 reverse). However you may substitute an w.r./t.e. at rb2 slot as long they don't have a running play.players like Givins and Sanders are considered wr's.

3. Playbook changes/lineup editing each pregame... (this is not a 103.3 the edge tourney)

4.“One Match-up Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact match-up for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that match-up later in the tournament. This also includes the popular "random match-up cards".

5. TIES: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT's will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If nobody scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. If the game goes to an 2nd O.T. you will alternate who gets the ball first (in the second o.t.). This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.

6. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or ( B) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first. We also still have the "match-up cards". You can use them but the loser of the coin toss still gets to select his "team" or "controller" preference. And using match-up cards applies to rule 4 (you cant call that same match-up later even if it was picked at random).

7. Tournament Issues All issues will be settled by the tournament crew. Headed by Louis Buennagel, Francis Buennagel. (Others will be designated by gameday as seconds for when we are playing.) Report controller issues and any other issues AS SOON AS IT HAPPENS. We will use the warm-up session to test all controllers and equipment so hopefully everything works fine. Game freeze will be settled by playing out part or all of the game depending on circumstance... unless you cause a reset by your physical actions. The final decision is up to the tournament directors or those designated by the directors. All equipment loaned for the tourney will be tracked. You may use your own controller if it is standard but do not move the other controller from that station. Respect all equipment as if it was yours. Excessive misbehavior will result in your elimination from the tourney and all future events..

8. There will be at least 1 live streams on Twitch, twitch.tv/mort1237

9. GAMBLING: There's been couple guys who made some side bets last year on H2H pickup games. Money on the wood to make the bet all good. No drama. make your rules clear before the game starts. Max wager is $20. No betting on your own tournament games your playing in. You may wager on live games that your not playing in either (IE MYnameisFlo).

10. We have the right to change the format if needed.

11. Please mark and label all your equipment. So it isn't lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PreGame Friday Tecmo festivities location (This will be the location for Friday night festivities.) TO BE CLEAR THIS IS WHERE THE PRE-GAME PARTY WILL BE AND ISN'T THE ACTUAL TOURNAMENT LOCATION. We may run 1 mini-satellite tournament. That is in the works for now. If your town the Friday night you may come down play some warm-up games

or scout your opponents or get Louis drunk lol.
May 15th Around 6pm
AJ's Lounge (in the back room)
1028 Walden Ave (Its at the corner of Euclid+walden near a 7-11 store)
Cheektowaga, NY 14211

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REGISTERED PLAYERS: **** Means waiting on prepayment ****
1. Francis B. (mort1237) Buffalo NY Paid $60 ($50 Bounty) 8 Tv's, 2 Top-loader (rf only) NES Systems, 1 CPU Monitor, 1 Lab top, 2 Add. carts, 2 Add. Power packs, 3 extra NES Controllers, 2 Nes Adapters, 1 jetpack internet device $Prize-Pool Fee 10 Bounty Fee $50
2. Louis B. (red98sethuthut) Buffalo NY Paid $30 ($20 bounty) 2 NES SIDE LOaDERS Prize-Pool Fee $10 Bounty Fee $20
3. Chris H. ( tecmo_ninja ) mantua ohio ******** 2 NES SYSTEMS 2 CARTS Prize-Pool Fee $10 Bounty $10
4. EUgene K. (Flu) West Seneca NY Prize-Pool Fee$15 Bounty $5 PAID 20.00
5. Brian F. ( Shaggy) Elma NY****************** Prize-Pool Fee $15 Bounty $5
6. Jason P. (Laztlain) LockPort NY PAID 20.00 ***************** Prize-Pool Fee $10 Bounty $10
7. Ryan M. (UltimateWeapon) North Ridgeville OH 1 Nes syatem Paid 20.00 Prize-Pool Fee $10 Bounty $10
8. Mark M. South Buffalo NY Prize-Pool Fee$15 Bounty $5
9. Paul B. Buffalo ny 1 NES SYSTEM 1 CART PAID 20.00 Prize-Pool Fee $15 Bounty $5
10. D.T. Buffalo Ny Prize-Pool Fee$10 Bounty $10
11. Dave W. (Qbeagles) Buffalo ny Prize-Pool Fee $15 Bounty $5
12. Jeffrey L. (#1BillsmafiaFan) Buffalo NY Prize-Pool Fee $15 Bounty $5
13. Tim s. Auburn ny paid 20.00 Prize-Pool Fee $15 Bounty $5
14. Mark C. Auburn ny paid 20.00 Prize-Pool Fee$15 Bounty $5
15. Micheal G. (DotheBernie) NY Prize-Pool Fee$15 Bounty $5 Paid $20
16. Scotty S. (Scotty) NyC Bounty fee $10 Prize pool fee $10 1 NES SYSTEM
17. Brian R. (ChaosRison) NYc Bounty fee $10 Prize pool fee $10 1 NES SYSTEM
18. John G. Rochester nY $15 prize pool $5 bounty PAID 20.00 1 NES SYSTEM
19. Mike L. West seneca Ny prize pool $15 bounty fee $5
20. Kevin C. Columbus Ohio prize pool $10 bounty fee $10 PAID 20.00 4 NES SYSTEMS
21. Travis Z. Five Points AL prize pool $15 bounty fee $5 PAID 20.00
22. Shawn R. Hamilton Ontario CA prize pool $15 bounty fee $5 PAID 20.00

23. Jaimen A. ( BeastMode) prize pool $15 bounty   fee $5

24. Josh A.    (thedude)      prize pool $15 bounty fee $5

25. Jeremiah (weaksauce)   prize pool $15 bounty fee $5
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st step: email [email protected] with

NAME:

NICKNAME:

EQUIPMENT: Were in need of more N.E.S systems!!!!

HOMETOWN:

PHONE #:
2nd step. PrePayment. Send $20 via paypal at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X4GN8LVYNCGFG, money order (email 4 my mailing address), or In-person assuming your in buffalo area or see us at another tournament. We have also had problems with people saying they want to play then no show on gameday. Refund Policy: We will give you refund up to 4 days before the tourney starts if we get an official notice that you can't make i
t.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Were also running a an optional 8man $50 man higher roller tourney (which ive added $100 towards 1st place). Random Seeds.
Single Elimination High Roller Tourney SignUps- Entry Fee $50 Prizes 1st $200 2nd $125 3rd $100 4th $75
1. Louis B. paid $150 (Plus $100 for 1st)
2.Mort paid $50

Rules: Same as main tourney. Seeds are random. It may be ran the friday before the tournament at the pre-game party.

To Sign Up Register for Main tournanment and send $20 for main tourney and $50 for the high roller tourney via paypal to [email protected]. So $70 to [email protected]

post-5084-0-48304800-1424307192.gif

Edited by mort1237

Sounds good Ninja....mort said i get to make the rules since i out-placed him last year and he is just to busy with his job and stuff. Also Mr. Knobbe can you pin our tournament page to the live tournament section. ty in advance.  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=J63KAVSWQB2LW  This is for Mort. So dont click on it unlessd you want to send me 300 dollars lol for rent.

Edited by red98sethuthut

Just wanted to let everyone know that this tournament is going to be the shit. Buffalo is a hotbed of Tecmo Super Bowl activity, likely stemming from the fact that the locals have not had as much fun playing with Bills teams on various football vids that have since come out as said Bills teams are usually crap.... If you've never been to Buffalo, come up, make a weekend of it. Lots of history. Lots of architecture. Lots of grub. The bars don't close til 4 am..... Lots of fun to be had.

Love the name boys!  

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function( B){var d=b.length;if(0{var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload", B);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function( B){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this, B)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function( B){n.checkImageForCriticality( B)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function( B){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent( B)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in B)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/ngx_pagespeed_beacon','http://tecmobowl.org/index.php?s=9532e57d624058f833e584bb335db960&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=mqquote&t=63533,U4XYVxz_Ks,true,false,onn2e3hxrv0');</script>MV5BMTc2MDc5MzI1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUy&&0){for(var>

The tale of 2 bounty hunters in pursuit of "El Indio"....one "Colonel Douglass Mortimer"...the other "Manco" the man without no name. The tecmo begins when the chimes finish!!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this tournament is going to be the shit. Buffalo is a hotbed of Tecmo Super Bowl activity, likely stemming from the fact that the locals have not had as much fun playing with Bills teams on various football vids that have since come out as said Bills teams are usually crap.... If you've never been to Buffalo, come up, make a weekend of it. Lots of history. Lots of architecture. Lots of grub. The bars don't close til 4 am..... Lots of fun to be had.

FACTOR

This is a good month for me schedule wise, so I will definitely try to make sure I can attend. Just gotta find a sucker or two to make the trip with me from Philadelphia

I think "oklahoma" from tb.org is around your area me thinks.

Ill post some hotel information. also for the local buffalo-ians were running a tecmo meetup at 1028 walden avenue buffalo ny 14211 on feb 20th at 6pm. Jason P, me, mort and Lou R. and d.t. will be playing some games live. Hopefully a couple more!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the sign up list...I need to test the paypal link...ty for everyone who came out to our monthly tecmo meetup last night. we had 7 to 8 local newcomers show up. Ty to Jason P. (laztlain), Paul B. and his friend Dave k., Jeffrey L., Mark and everyone else who came out. We also ran a 6man double elim. which i beat Lou in. Notable games included a Laztlain vs lou garbage fest cle vs gb in non tourney game... lou vs mort 16 to 14 pats over hawks win lou (damn fumble scooper 4 td)...an laztlain almost rallied from 21 pt defeict vs mort but morts bears won ova oak 35 to 21...in two championship games i beat lou 24 to 21 philly ova mia on a game winning fg...then beat lou on game winning safety 23 to 21 jets ova falcons!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are currenty looking for tournament sponsors in the local area. it will be added to prize pool.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good month for me schedule wise, so I will definitely try to make sure I can attend. Just gotta find a sucker or two to make the trip with me from Philadelphia

Just seeing this thread/post now, I'm currently scheduled to work this weekend but just submitted to get it switched. I'll talk to you at the Glenside TSB tourney in April see if we can put something together.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with a Tournanment banner. Were also running a 8man $50 man higher roller tourney (which ive added $100 towards 1st place). Random Seeds.

Single Elimination High Roller Tourney SignUps- Entry Fee $50 Prizes 1st $200 2nd $125 3rd $100 4th $75

1. Louis B. paid $150 (Plus $100 for 1st)

2.Mort       paid $50

Rules: Same as main tourney

To Sign Up Register for Main tournanment and send $20 for main tourney and $50 for the high roller tourney via paypal to [email protected]. So $70 to [email protected]

Edited by red98sethuthut

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the prizes pool...Updated Sign up List...Separated Players Entry and Bounty Fees. Its $20 to play in the tournament. To avoid confusion i posted how much of your $20 goes to Prize pool and Bounty Pool. If you are a  newer player your bounty fee is $5 and Prize pool fee is $15...if Experienced Player your prize pool fee is $10 and your bounty fee is $10. You earn a player's "Bounty Fee" if you eliminate them from the tournament. Note: IF YOU WANT TO INCREASE YOUR BOUNTY FEE LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Prize Pool $195 Current Bounty Pool 150

Prizes Based 30 players: Prize Pool: $345 Bounty Pool: $305

Prizes Based 40 players:  Prize Pool: $445 Bounty Pool: $405

Prizes Based 50 players:   Prize Pool: $545 Bounty Pool: $505

Edited by mort1237

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, im a rookie who just signed up for this tourny & have a question.

Can I put a RB in a TE slot?

Thanks Shawn

:razz:

yes that is legal. What is not legal is running the ball with a "wr or te" (unless its a reverse). However you may have a "wr or te" at the rb2 position as long you don't run the ball with him ( Say for blocking purposes or hail mary bomb situation). Ty for signing up. Nice to meet you.

Well shocking news from the tecmo world. A wind storm has moved mort back to his home state of ohio for a sales manager position. . No joke. Columbus ohio that is. He will be back for the buffalo tournament. There goes my roommate and tecmo sparring partner and labtop. Oh how the tecmo gods work in mysterious ways sometimes.

Edited by red98sethuthut