Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

Dudes,

I am just gonna throw this out there now. I have about a 25% chance of attending this year. Baby Murman #2 is due Feb 27th. (Sorry Josh. I told you the 28th.) If he is born on or before his due date and is completely healthy I have the spousal approval to attend.

The Madison crew was gracious enough to try to move the date to guarantee my attendance, but there was limited availability. Josh and Chet are the best dudes ever and thanks for even trying!

If anyone wants to talk shop or take the reigns for the stream, I am all ears. When I built the Tecmo Stream PC last year I made it small enough that it could be shipped anywhere with ease. Holler at me.

LOVE the name, such a great movie. I assume this is the adaptation of the novel "Hart of Darkness"

You are correct. We considered a number of war movie names, including:

• Full Metal Hackett

Casualties of Warren

Paths of Glasgow

Hamburger Hull

Inglorious Baxters

A Bridge too Farr

PlaToon

Saving Private Roby

The Last of the Redskins

Patten

I have been helping Dave behind the scenes as best I can for awhile in regards to the streaming, and I am trying to figure out if I have the ability to attend this year in Dave's stead. That date is not great for me from a work perspective (start of basketball conference tournaments), so this will remain to be seen. If anyone wants to step up to the plate and volunteer that has some experience in this, I can speak for myself (but knowing Dave I can probably speak for him as well here in saying) that you will have any support and guidance needed in the weeks leading up to the event.

Dudes,

I am just gonna throw this out there now. I have about a 25% chance of attending this year. Baby Murman #2 is due Feb 27th. (Sorry Josh. I told you the 28th.) If he is born on or before his due date and is completely healthy I have the spousal approval to attend.

The Madison crew was gracious enough to try to move the date to guarantee my attendance, but there was limited availability. Josh and Chet are the best dudes ever and thanks for even trying!

If anyone wants to talk shop or take the reigns for the stream, I am all ears. When I built the Tecmo Stream PC last year I made it small enough that it could be shipped anywhere with ease. Holler at me.

Dudes,

Sorry we couldn't make it work, Dave. The bowling alley was booked every other weekend in early March/late Feb, even back in October when I originally asked. Apparently, it's a happening place!

My recommendations for inducing an early baby:

1) Place wife's torso near speakers attached to Tecmo system, go to the Sound Check, and play the Injury Return music over and over repeatedly until wife hits you.

2) Whisper to your wife's belly every night that "LT would have been here already."

3) Incorporate some Tecmo into your bedroom activities. Many clinical studies have shown that intercourse is actually a great way to induce labor, and like many women, I assume your wife can't get in the mood without the ultimate aphrodisiac of "Hut, Hut, Hut" humming in the background.

I'm with ya Ted!!!

85% sure I'm flying in Thursday night..... then Tecmo Motel all day and night on Friday.... roll to the spot Saturday morn, DO BATTLE, get bounced from the tourney by giving orenga the rams despite all advice and experience to the contrary, exit stage left on a flaming wagon of garbage.... buncha beers and a few space cruises later find myself in magical mort's car en route to the Plaza, some shenanigans, scramble down the frozen streets eating chicken fried steak and eggs over easy with my bare hands to catch a flight home early sunday morn..... sounds fun, let's do it again!

gotta give it up, APPOCALIPPS NOW---blows my mind!  fuckin beautiful man!

dennis-hopper-1979-apocalypsenow.jpg

"Never get out of the boat." Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way... --Capt. Willard

Im calling out (dont think this as as insult or knock on him) my local online tecmo friend kierre costner friend to attend this year. You can roll with us this year man since you live so close to us in the 585. I know you have a family to take care of but i'd love to meet u in person man.

Edited by red98sethuthut

I'll attend 95.6% if you change the Tourney name to "THE RIZE OF THE PHOENIX" ............Ted, Manyo.............I'm SERIOUSLY considering comin'.....If I do roll out there, I'm rollin' with ya'll....................and we WILL rep the Great North West in style...I got some PTO to save up.

I have been helping Dave behind the scenes as best I can for awhile in regards to the streaming, and I am trying to figure out if I have the ability to attend this year in Dave's stead. That date is not great for me from a work perspective (start of basketball conference tournaments), so this will remain to be seen. If anyone wants to step up to the plate and volunteer that has some experience in this, I can speak for myself (but knowing Dave I can probably speak for him as well here in saying) that you will have any support and guidance needed in the weeks leading up to the event.

I am definitely interested in helping with the stream. I am fairly new to streaming. I have streamed a little over 2 dozen games. I have never stream a live tournament yet, but I am planning to attend the Nebraska tournament next month and plan to stream it live. I know I do not have the experience yet but I'm more than willing to help.

With that said the only reason I would not be able to help is if my ride buddies (I'm coming from Louisiana and them from Texas) would want to hit the road after we get eliminated. So just keep me in mind for helping with the stream and in the meantime I'll try to talk my ride buddies into staying for the duration.