Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

Congrats Psycho! Also big thanks to Dave for the stream: the update ticker was a great add for this year, and the commentators, while drowned out by the Orenga crowd at times, were great as well. Special shout out to VikingMoe: your game vs. Daboy was one for the ages.

Congrats Psycho! Also big thanks to Dave for the stream: the update ticker was a great add for this year, and the commentators, while drowned out by the Orenga crowd at times, were great as well. Special shout out to VikingMoe: your game vs. Daboy was one for the ages.

Thanks, man. That game was the best I've ever been a part of.

It was such a great day. Making the Elite 8 was a dream come true, and defeating a great player like Daboy made it that much better.

I loved the opportunity to sit down and be interviewed by Knobbe and QB Browns on the live stream afterwards. It was an honor.

Post-TecmoXI thoughts/observations:

• Congratulations Derek. In all the drunken hoopla last night, I’m not sure I personally congratulated you. I apologize. Great run and some fantastic Tecmo;
  • Not making the Final 8 was a bummer, but it was AWESOME just watching the games for a change and pulling for my horses. Had a blast hopping on the VogtVan Bandwagon for a few games. #TheAlliance;
  • We say it every year, but the competition at this event, and all tournaments, continues to improve. Gone are the days when you can breeze through to the Sweet 16;
  • Finally, thanks to everyone involved in the production of TecmoXI. Josh and I get a ton of support from the girls, Orenga, Bailey, Durch, Knobbe, and Dave Murray. This event would not be possible (or as great) without you guys, so again, thank you. 

I'll admit it... I got caught up in psycho-fever.  The match between Orenga and TecmoPsycho was obnoxiously loud.  And I was one of the loudest. The Vogt Bros, (turned PsychWard) turned it up a notch and backed Derek as he took down Orenga. We just couldn't help it... That impressive Orenga Posse had to be out-done... and they were... to the audible displeasure of everyone else including the live stream.  (Sorry 'bout that Dave)

I think Sobhi now roams with Jerome Brown and Andre Waters in the great end zone in the sky.

Saw thing about Soby in TP's blog...  Sobhi just "retired" from Tecmo correct?  Can someone clarify?

Edited by rmm1976

Congrats again. You played some lights out tecmo! 

Regarding tackling effecting the conditions that is 100% false. I figured out the whole routine for conditions back in dec. 

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/58030-conditions-distribution/

From 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th the conditions change with these probabilities

BAD:  75% stay in bad, 25% move to average 0% move to good, 0% move to excellent

AVG:  12.5% move to bad, 75% stay in average, 12.5% move to good, 0% move to excellent

GOOD: 0% move to bad, 12.5% move to average, 75% stay in good, 12.5% move to excellent

EXCEL: 0% move to bad, 0% move to average, 25% move to good, 75% stay in excellent 

Conditions do not change between the 4th qtr and overtime. 

Hindsight is gonna be end of me lol. I was gonna tell daboy go sd vs cin against coco but lefty beat me to it. Me and bru and whoever else should of went to bed at 10 and woke at 5am and played non stop. We also should of had a system set up in the back of someones car so we could play while ee waited inbetween games during pool play. Dammm

The predicted cream rose to the top again as the final 8 featured the following 

greater of texmo X power rank seed or my bracketology post seed

skunker(1)

daboy (1)

coco  (2)

tecmopsycho (2)

ones (3)

avgtsbplayer(4)

vikingmoe(5)

sonofpatbeach (5)

Clearly best of the best made it to the final 8 again. 

Also the math backs up the observational analysis of group play and the tourney at large getting harder every year. Standard deviation lets you measure how close a set of numbers are. Or in our case how close the individual power rankings were for each year. AS shown below its been trending down each year which means players are getting closer and closer in strength and I imagine they might have taken another step towards players being even closer).

TOP 100

Tecmo 8      9.0

Tecmo 9      8.4

Tecmo 10    7.9

TOP 64

Tecmo 8     7.9

Tecmo 9     6.8

Tecmo 10   6.4

TOP16 (except winner)

Tecmo 8    4.7

Tecmo 9    4.3

Tecmo 10  3.3

This entire weekend was awesome. I'm glad I can say I was the only one that beat derek ( the champ) in our "road to Madison" tournament . Times like this is what makes me miss playing the game. Was so glad I could meet the old and the new tecmoers. I hope to see you all in a few months for our Midwest tournament. Congrats Derek. You played great. And always remember pysch ward is greater than the orenga posse!

Congrats Psycho. That was an amazing run and I'm proud to have said I lost to the champ. I also enjoyed being part of the PsychWard for the Orenga match (TECMO PSYCHO! REEE! REEE! REEE! REEEE!).