Madison, WI - 03/07/15 - Tecmo XI: Apocalipps Now

sonofpatbeach

The rumor in Madison is that the Child of Destiny (CoD) will be making his return to tournament play this year, after a self-imposed one year hiatus. Maybe we'll put him in the same group as one of the North Dakota boys (or Garbage Gauthier) to guarantee which group will be drunkest in double-elim play.

Just updated the original post to include this information:

Half of the field was full within the first week of registration opening for #TecmoX, so we encourage you to sign up as soon as you can.

Half of the field was full within the first week of registration opening for #TecmoX, so we encourage you to sign up as soon as you can.

There's two things that Charlie don't do:

Charlie don't register on time 

And

charlie_zpsec179477.jpg

Edited by qb_browns

Just updated the original post to include this information:

Hopefully there are some spots left for when I make my decision after the Los Angeles Tournament. 

Due to the aforementioned 1) 2) and 3), it is with great happiness and sorrow that I announce I may not be attending this year. My little boy is expected March 17th (God watch over his soul if he is born on Saint Patricks Day). The wife has suggested (translation = ordered) I remain home in case something would happen, which I agree.

I guess someone else will just have to fall on there ass with beer in hand after a complete stranger pulls a chair out from underneath him. It's not to hard to figure out.

Appeal to your wife's fiscal sensibilities. Tell her that missing the tournament is financially irresponsible. For christ sake, the IRS thinks you're on the Colonel Muster Enterprises payroll. 

I'm pretty sure it's wherever Mort is staying. The rest of us are just groupies. Last year I booked where he was the previous year, and had to change to Super 8 so I could be cool. 

Yup mort just reserved a room at the Super 8 for 54.00 bones a night. 4765 hayes road madison wisc. 53704 off 1-90/94/39 exit 135a Hwy. He said his turn to get drunk this year. We will leave (driving) thursday night get there fri afternoon -ish.  I wish i had a Rv.

Edited by red98sethuthut

That's pre-championship Orenga 

Post-championship Orenga has a bald head, wears a gold medallion around his neck, calls everyone "hoss," and wears his still-unwashed Tomczak Bowl 7 blazer every day, with nothing underneath. And that's just at work.

Post-championship Orenga has a bald head, wears a gold medallion around his neck, calls everyone "hoss," and wears his still-unwashed Tomczak Bowl 7 blazer every day, with nothing underneath. And that's just at work.

Orenga 20 years from now:

UncleRico_zps16b97d69.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if we see a couple naked tecmoers this year. Anything to get an edge on your opponent. Nothing in the rules about competitors attire (or lack of attire) lol. Edited by red98sethuthut

Where all my Iowa peeps? 112 registered and it's just me and the Patterson brothers?  Speaking of which, can we get BenInIowa in the same bracket with Art Vandelay. I feel like Art wants to avenge that loss. :)