moving text on team data screen

adscl84

I'm making a rom with 24 teams. I "deleted" the jets, seahawks, cowboys, and bucs. The team control and preseason team select screens look nice, but the nfc west is out of alignment on the team data screen.

I can move the mini helmets and selector positioning up, but i can't figure out how to make the text move. The "49ers" have a blank space and a team that doesn't exist shows "atl".

I've tried screwing around with the hex code that made the text for the deleted teams disappear, but to no avail.

If anyone could show me what I'm missing, I'd be most appreciative.

If you are trying to create a custom rom with 24 teams, you should really use TheRaja's method:

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/54998-removing-teams-from-a-rom/

That way you won't screw any other menu, and you can change all the teams data using an editor. (hex editing too, of course).

Here is a the link for a 24 teams' mod, based on all his posts:

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/58392-need-some-help/#entry388348

Edited by pambazos88

I used that post as a guide (except for the teams i deleted), but my problem is i dont know how to make it so that the blank space next to Chicago and above San Francisco has text instead of a blank space. I've tried screwing with the hex code that removed some teams text in the first place but I'm clearly missing something.

I think I'm going to start over and delete buf, ind, no, and atl so the team rankings aren't messed up, but i so dont know how to make the nfc west lined up with the other two divisions.

OK, I found what I was missing.  x01E95D needed to be changed to 79.  Thanks for pointing me to the already existing 24 team ROM.  I just compared the hex code from that one with what I had.  I don't think I would've figured it out otherwise.

Edited by adscl84

• 4 weeks later...