Los Angeles Pass 1 play pick

TheFes75

While messing around with creating my own Plays on the ORIGINAL TECMO BOWL, I noticed that when the offense and defense both pick play 1 (right on the game pad) in Los Angeles Playbook the game actually runs Pass 2.  I noticed this before but always chalked it up to me possibly pressing the wrong direction. Besides before we found out about the top linebacker not beign blocked people always play picked Bo's run to not get burned by Bo. Anyway while looking at the Hex code I noticed that the play bytes for Pass 1 on a play pick (right) are the same as a play pick for pass 2 (down) see attached Spreadsheet under Los Angeles.

* The yellow highligted areas (3B) are the play bytes.

* The Blue Highlighted areas (18886, 183AC, 185B6, 183D0) are the same as the numbers to the left and are the Hex Addresses within the ROM. They also coincide with the play picks (Up, Left, Right, Down)

* The Green Hightlighted areas are the QB play bytes and usually they are the only thing that changes in the Hex Code for a specific play. With the exception of this play, Indianapolis Pass 2, and Dallas Pass 1.

* The Grey highlighted areas are to illustrate the identical code at the same Hex adress that makes Pass 1 play pick become Pass 2.

TB PASS PLAY LOCATIONS IN HEX.xlsx

Edited by TheFes75