Tecmo Super Bowl with TSB II & III Hacks

thalivest

I noticed a thread by DogTag where he was possibly trying to get 32 team ROM for the SNES version. I was wondering if anyone knows how or would/ could  be able to incorporate some hacks from TSB II and III. Ones I would like to see are

-switching sides after each quarter, in one player you always go left to right, I want to be able to right to left as well for half the game

-stats, they tabulate in game stats better, not just the best receiver/ RB stats, but the top 4, and not just one QB, but both, and I think you can see stats in game as well

That's all I can think of. Don't want to change too much such as the extra plays, the original version is classic, but maybe an option to audible.

Anyone?

Can anyone conform or deny if switch sides after each quarter is possible? Did the hack work and if so, where can I get it?

Also can we make quarterback throw with their dominant hands, even if it puts their back to the screen. When going left to right the QB is right handed and when going right to left the QB is left handed. Would it be possible to make the quarterback throw with their actual/ dominant hand?

-switching sides after each quarter, in one player you always go left to right, I want to be able to right to left as well for half the game

Isn't this already a thing in TSB III? I forgot if it is in TSB II but I'd assume so as well.

I noticed a thread by DogTag where he was possibly trying to get 32 team ROM for the SNES version. I was wondering if anyone knows how or would/ could  be able to incorporate some hacks from TSB II and III. Ones I would like to see are

-stats, they tabulate in game stats better, not just the best receiver/ RB stats, but the top 4, and not just one QB, but both, and I think you can see stats in game as well

That's all I can think of. Don't want to change too much such as the extra plays, the original version is classic, but maybe an option to audible.

Anyone?

DogTag is m.i.a. I doubt anything ever comes of it. I am still curious how the hell he is "hacking & expanding" a ROM in HTML. (aka coughbullshitcough)

The hacks you are asking for are monstrous and probably not something that will be picked up. There is little to no love for TSB1 here.

Isn't this already a thing in TSB III? I forgot if it is in TSB II but I'd assume so as well.

It is a TSB3 thing, but he wants it in TSB1.

Dave you're right switching sides is TSB II or III (or both) but want it TSB 1. Also 4-3 defences as well, I know they got it in the NES version but I don't know if it made it's way to the SNES version. But is it a lot? My hacking knowledge etc. is limited, but mainly switching sides, 4-3 defences and maybe stats. One can hope I guess.

And if DogTag is MIA, thanks for crushing my hopes. Appreciate that.

Someone told me at a tournament I was at that he had a childhood friend who insisted on switching sides during Tecmo.  So, he set his TV up in front of a big mirror and he and his friends would turn their chairs around after each quarter. 

It's not really the optimal way to play Tecmo, I can't imagine, but you make do with what you have...

This may be a stupid question but would it be possible to play from the player 1 side (going left to right) for quarters 1 & 4 and somehow hack it so that you play from the player 2 side (going right to left) for quarters 2 & 3?

The format is already there (lining up the players, switching playbooks so they go the opposite way) for 1P vs 2P, so would it be possible to use that as a starting point, or is it just wishful thinking?