Southington, CT - 12/6/14 - Cuban Tecmo Bowl VII

arncoem

The 1st Saturday of December tradition continues..

can also find us on NE TECMO dot COM

www.northeasttecmo.com

Same venue as past 2 years -

Same location as last year's tournament & everyone that was there was extremely impressed w/ the venue as well as the tourney!

Pete Dorsey (Cubantecmo) & myself present:  Cuban Tecmo Bowl 7 -

Where:
Blackstone Irish Pub & Sports Bar,
1678 Meriden Waterbury Turnpike
Southington (Milldale section), CT
Zip Cpde: 06467

http://www.blackstoneirishpub.com/

Past winners are:
Cuban Bowl I: Pete Dorsey
Cuban Bowl II: Erik Merliss (ARNCOEM)
Cuban Bowl III: ARNCOEM
Cuban Bowl IV: Francis Buennegal (Mort)

Cuban Bowl V: Mort

Cuban Bowl VI: Mort

PLEASE POST BELOW IF WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND - leave your email address along w/ name & State you live in.

Can also contact us to register:

Pete:
[email protected]
or call:
203 410 5589
to reserve a spot in the tournament or for additional information

11am start time - ?

$25 entrance fee - will get a free drink from the bar courtesy of us.

We can host up to 60 ppl - make sure to register as soon as possible bc there's been a lot of ppl asking us to save a spot for them before we officially announced the date.

Please let us know if can bring TVs, NES consoles, controllers, cartridges - bring as many as possibly can in case of equipment failure

Transportation:
Blackstone is located at the junction of I-84 & 691 if driving & 10 Minutes from 91 if traveling from Mass, VT, Maine, Canada, North Pole

it's approx 1 hour & 30 minute drive from NYC, 1 hour & 20 min drive from Boston

Also Bradley International Airport is a 20 minute drive from Blackstone

New Haven train station is a 25 minute drive - easiest way to get there is take Metro North train from New York City - we can/will pick & drop ppl back off after at the NH Train station free of charge.

Please contact me as well as Pete for info:
[email protected]         

203 537.0254

Prizes will be cash & trophy for 1st & 2nd place

3rd place a trophy

Last year's trophy was close to 5 feet tall & the largest ever at a Tecmo Tournament  - this year's will give it a run for it's money!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

pool play you play everyone 1x that is in your pool to decide seeding for the main event bracket.

The Main Event Bracket is double elimination.

Hit me or Pete Dorsey up - can help setup travel arrangements for anyone looking to come from further away than the New England-TrI State area.

[email protected] is Pete (cubantecmo)

[email protected] for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck to everyone today attending. Was very dissapointed this morning (After I drove all the way to CT from PA), and tried fighting through to attend today. But, was unable to do so. Went to the doc's and I had a mild case of sleep deprivation. This morning when I woke up at Pete's--my legs felt really heavy, and I was struggling to stand up. I appreciate the support on my Hall of Fame induction day, but my health was more important at the time. 

Fun tournament as usual.  Thanks again to Pete and Erik for running this thing.  I'll post the final eight bracket when I get home later.  A real shame that Mort and Louis couldn't attend and that Matty D was sick on arrival.  But the show must go on!

I went 2-1 in pool play as I was defeated by Danny K.  28-21 in a Chiefs/Dolphins match up.  No top seed for me this time!  My first single elimination match was against a guy who I played in the warmup session who I blew out in the 2nd half.  Not so much in the tournament match right!  Suprisingly a very tough game but I ended up with the victory.  Right before the double elimination brackett (lose and you're out) I had to play Erik (arncoem) in a game that I really should not have won.  Tecmo Gods decided differently and gave me two fumbles at perfect times, one which was housed 90 yards on a picked play to end the 1st half.  The other was again once he drove into my redzone.  Sorry Erik it just wasn't your game as I hung on to win with a Bengals/Bears match up.  Once into the round of 8, I jumped up 21-0 on Jim Teta who selected a Raiders/Chiefs match up.  I thought the Tecmo Gods were going to pay me back in spades as I watched that 21-0 lead turn into 21-14 in the 2nd half, and after a Marcus Allen (in GOOD) fumble I thought Jim would come back and tie the game.  However my defense was able to hold and I clung to victory.  Next match was against Pete who won the toss and picked the ugly Pats/Seahawks match up.  Given my recent atrocities with Seattle (ask Brian Rause), I chose to go with N.E. and was able to win a grind-fest 22-10.  Next up was the winner's brackett finals, where I had to meet the man who defeated me in pool play, Danny Knight.  He won the toss and chose the Cardinals/Steelers matchup.  I decided to play defense and grind.  With the help of 3 Rod Woodson picks (and Brister throwing 2 picks himself, one in the redzone, ugh!) I kept the Cardinals off the board for the most part en route to 13-3 win.  On to the grand finals!  Danny K. was able to win his game to come back and face me for the championship.  I have to win once, he has to win twice to win it all.  After several defensive games, I won the toss and chose a more offensive minded (but even match up) Broncos/Chargers.  He took San Diego, we both played very tough defense, we both fumbled, we both had wide open drops, he missed a long FG and it's 0-0 at halftime.  Brutal.  He draws first blood in the 3rd quarter by hitting a FG.  4th quarter I'm driving into his territory and B-Hump finally gets a block and gets out into the open field and houses it from 25 yards out to go up 7-3 with a little under 3 minutes in the 4th.  Broncos defense is the "bend don't break" mode, trying to keep RBs in bounds and force SD to use up as much time as possible.  He gets a couple of tough first downs on his side of the field.  After a run stop, a picked play, 3rd and long he goes run3 down and Butts gets the some daylight to pick up about 40 yards into Broncos' territory.  Tick tick tick we're under a minute now.  The next 3 plays are run3, run3, run3.  I keep him in bounds and under 10 yards per play.  Tick tick tick 20 seconds to go, run3 again and Butts is stopped around the 15 yard line.  One last chance, pass2 is picked by both of us and Tolliver laser's one into double coverage that's batted away.  Broncos hang on for a 7-3 win!  That big ass trophy is MINE!

Lots of props to Danny Knight who improved dramatically from last years tournament.  Way to go bro I hope to rematch you again next year!  Thanks again to Erik and Pete for organizing this thing, I had a great time as usual!

post-5997-0-99704600-1418060272_thumb.jp

Edited by tadaos