Tecmo Bowl game footage with commentary

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

2-player games recorded with my phone.  Some of the commentary is pure gold.

Further down in this thread are some tutorials, and some high quality video captured straight from the emulator.

Colts/Broncos match-up.  This video is great at illustrating just how dominant the Colts offense can be.  I had the Colts here and Nate gets pissed when Dickerson shreds his defense.

Bears/Giants in overtime.  Really one of the most grueling Tecmo Bowl match-ups of all.  Best of all, Nate works in a Dave Duerson/Obama comparison.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

The "One Drive" game.  In the Browns/Giants match-up Nate's plan is to play great defense to shut down the Giants offense with Dixon and Minnifield.  Then just put together 1 drive for a TD to get the win.  He gets a 1st qtr pick in Giants territory, and gets pumped up, and then looks to get in for the score.  The action heats up at the 2:30 mark when Cleveland gets going on defense.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

This is the follow up to the Browns/Giants video.  Lawrence Taylor pulls in an interception which Nate takes great offense to.

Wife and I got a sony handycam a year ago for our wedding.  I need to break that out the next time we play Tecmo.  Probably a much better quality of video, and the stand will allow for a better angle on the TV.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Uncut tutorial on how to beat ass with the Colts offense.  Really illustrates why the Colts are one of the elite teams in Tecmo Bowl, as their playbook is awesome, despite have a really bad QB and slow WRs.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

• 1 month later...

All of this is pretty great

Thanks.  A lot of times the commentary during Tecmo from us is just complaining, or being angry.  It's fun to look back at some of our more animated games.

I would love to do a lot more of the strategy videos just to showcase the depth the game still has.     

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bears/49ers game.  We give some in game commentary/instruction about what's going on.

Nate tosses a couple really bad picks with Montana in the 1st half  but manages to hang around.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Below is a semi- tutorial type video of me running Cleveland's offense vs Chicago in the final game.

Playing the CPU isn't really a great test in most cases, but the top D-end dropping into coverage sort of replicates playing another human.  And the CPU also has some nice cheat speed that late in the season.  At worst it's a decent training exercise to sharpen your skills on offense.

This takes a look at Denver's offense, and spends a decent amount of time discussing run blocking schemes.  Later breaks down the pass coverages that occur vs Denver and how I can tell which plays my opponent called based on the defensive reactions. 

Denver is a pretty easy team to do pre-snap reads with, based on which defender the opponent has chosen.  Didn't mention it because the CPU always has the top D-end as the primary defender.  The pre-snap reads would be more for 2 player games where the human controlled defender might come from positions such as the top DB, or bottom side LB/D-end.  

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Had a great 2-player game LA vs Seattle(Me) recently.  Played my buddy who got a 3rd place finish at 2016 Omaha tourney.

Game goes down to the wire with a late field goal attempt for the win.

In the comments section I break down a lot of team and player stats.

LA is not generally a team I think is very good.  They have a lot of flaws.  Field position was key for LA to keep the pressure on.

See the DEN/LA game a few posts below.  LA gets exposed pretty easily in that game.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

Indy vs Miami.  Sometimes this match-up is a deal where neither defense is equipped to stop the other team.  Played some text book D with Indy, and the guy controlling Miami was nearlyu sharp enough to hang in there.  Eventually Eric Dickerson wrecks the Miami D, and that's that!

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

CHI pounds the 9ers.  San Fran is one of the hardest offense to master, when you have to play vs really skilled guy (ie: not random joe's off the street).  

To Ben's credit in these last couple videos, this is his first time facing me with Miami and San Fran.  These are teams we've gotten really good at shutting down.  He'd played random guys and had a lot of success with MIA/SF, but he got an education here on why they are tough to win with.