NFL Street Tecmo 14-15 ROM, NES TSB - download 10/12/14

buck

ROM FINALLY READY! (See bottom of this post)

========

Only 16 NFL teams.

The game is still fast, tough, and fun.  This is by far the best and most refined version yet.  However, there might still be a few minor graphical bugs that pop up from time to time.  This is a work in progress, but this version represents a good 1/2 year of tweaks from the last version.  So enjoy it.

There are a few new plays this year, and quite a few plays have been updated/tweaked.  There is a new formation "Pistol" and it has a "option run", an "option sweep", and a pass.  (not real option, but try it and see - 49ers have the Pistol default playbook, check it out.)

There is a pass "diva" available in each passing slot, etc.  EXPLORE the plays.  Lots of ways to run a season with different playbooks, etc.

Divas and any play (except normal runs and passes) where the MAN controls someone other than the primary ball carrier - the graphic looks like an "M".

Here's the layout of the playbooks.

post-5602-0-86721400-1413149471_thumb.pn

This post will be updated as needed.

========

tsb 14-15 NFL STREET buck v1A.nes

peace out.

Edited by buck

there are going to be two ROMs.  each with 16 NFL teams.  the "main" ROM and the "other" ROM with the leftover teams.

one new plan is to increase the number of "Diva" plays (where you control a Receiver, instead of the QB).  at least one Diva play per slot.

[here is the thread and ROM from last year - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/57073-2013-14-nfl-tsb-street-tecmo-rom-here/ ]

Edited by buck

• 3 weeks later...

word to your moms - there's a good chance this will be a 32-team street ROM!  

I am still in the initial porting stage, but I believe I can pull it off.  I already have 7-on-7, the small field, and the playbooks (basically) working for the 32-team.  I still have a whole lottta of graphics/displays, then the physics, and other hackage.

I might post here if I come up with any issues - maybe somebody can help us figure out some things.

• 2 months later...

32 team version on temporary hold.  I ended up doing some general street playbook work and etcetera and other tsb rom hacking instead.  Maybe by the end of the season I will have the time and patience to finish the 32 teamer.

Anyways, 16 team version will be here very soon.  New "pistol" formation and plays, upgraded "diva" plays (including a new TE and RB diva plays), upgraded "blocker" play, upgraded I-form, and more.

post-5602-0-95391700-1410926343.png

post-5602-0-51366900-1410926354_thumb.pn

no more than a week away.

• 3 weeks later...

ROM is finally here!  See 1st post.

thanks for being patient.  enjoy, it's the same NFL streets as last year, but greatly improved, in my opinion.

whoops, bump for version 1A....had Giants offense formation wacked.  I think there was only one download.

Seattle pass 1. Is it doing what it's supposed to? It auto throws to lynch every time like it was a toss play

Seattle pass 2 doesn't match diagram. Both are drawn streak. Both do curls

If you exit half time show early the half time music will continue while you're playing

Edited by Tikker

Seattle pass 1. Is it doing what it's supposed to? It auto throws to lynch every time like it was a toss play

Yes, the M icon means Man aka YOU, SON. Run the most awesome route ever of all time.

yeah, that Pass 1 RB Diva is pretty limited and you have to work on your timing.  The Diva plays have a higher % chance that the QB will throw to the "M" receiver (for obvious reasons).

regarding the Pass 2 that Seattle has, yes, there is a chance that the receivers will come back instead of running flys.  There are a few passes like this where the receivers *might* run different routes than what the graphics show.  Sometimes this happens not-so-randomly, and they'll run the "alternate" routes back to back.

another note, and I might address this graphically soon with a rom update - the Pass 2 "Pistol Option" - you are controlling the RB!  The play might go up or down, and the QB might or might not pitch it to you, but it is up to you to move the RB to an appropriate position to receive the pitch.

PS - will somebody move this thread to the ROM upload/download section?  please and thanks.

Edited by buck

In the 5 or 6 times I called the play I don't think I ever saw either one of them run the go, just curls. Give me 2 mins and I'll play a few more

Tiny sample of 57 plays but in 19 both curled, 23 one we curled and in just 15 did they both run streak

Edited by Tikker

because of Tikker, I started a season with SEA the other night.  and for the 1st time ever in this game, I actually shut a team out.  6-2 SEA won 51-0 vs BUF.  Picked-off Orton 5 times.  SEA is now 7-2.  after 9 games, Earl Thomas has 13 ints and 7 tds.

I had played 6 or 7 seasons over the last couple of months, and usually barely go 0.500 or a little over.  I had not ever played with SEA, though, and you can be pretty lazy on offense because this defense actually makes a difference.

yeah, I would agree that they are coming back more than I they probably should, but I actually like those curls better!  

Anyways, I think you are missing a key point of passing in the TSB Streets - you have to force things and work on timing, more than anything.  You can't pass like you do in any other TSB rom.  It's really different.  A lot of times you shouldn't even "wait" for a route to develop.  You have to anticipate and just make the throw.  After you pass enough (and learn to "force" things) you'll see what I mean, I think.

One thing to try with that play (not that it's really a good play (because I didn't want to make every play a kick ass bread and butter play), but hey, there are 7 more plays in that slot to try!) is to just hit the receivers quick.  I mean like: snap, 2 step drop, and fire away.  You'll see that you can actually hit them on the "streak" but you have to force it and not wait.