1989 Nintendo power Tecmo Bowl preview

Tecmo-Mad-Brad

This came out right before Tecmo was released or shortly afterward.  

It was a football game game preview that included John Elway's football and LJN's NFL football as well.

Ram's DE Doug Reed, who later was in TSB gives his thoughts on the 3 games, and he liked Tecmo the best of the 3.   

NPfront_zps1a0470b0.jpg

NPPage2_zpsd6ee63d3.jpg

teams_zps8be25419.jpg

callplays_zps43942755.jpg

plays_zps153fccc0.jpg

halftime_zps185900d2.jpg

TDscenes_zps669db931.jpg

I was surprised a little that they didn't talk about some the players in Tecmo, such as LT, and Bo.  Overall it was a decent preview.  I also have the 1st NP, which had a RBI Baseball, Bases loaded, and MLB preview.  I'll have to dig that out to see how it stacks up to this one.  LJN made 2 turds of games though with NFL and MLB.    

NP had another TB review in like late 1990, but I found out it just had to do with the gameboy release, which seemed kind of pointless to read about.  If I can find that issue dirt cheap, I may buy it just to see it.  

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

I got the volume 4 Tecmo preview in pretty good shape for 10 bucks. I got a 2nd copy of it with a really rough cover and spine was falling apart for like 5. I disassembled the crappy one so I could scan the pages. I may figure out a way to frame those pages eventually in my Tecmo man cave.

Seems like even the oldest issues can be had for a low price.

If anyone else has more old Tecmo reviews and such, please link or post. There's a small blurb in like issue 18 of NP that showed something about same teams codes like (Den vs Den) for instance. But I've yet to see anything else. I figure there had to be a few more mags on the market with smaller reach and circulation.