Fairfield, OH - 07/19/14 - 2014 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (7th Annual)

vogtcd11

What: 2014 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (7th Annual)

When: July 19, 2014

Where: Rick’s Tavern & Grille, 5955 Boymel Drive, Fairfield, Ohio.

Maximum Field Size: N/A

Tournament Website: http://mwtecmo.com

Entry Fee: $35. Includes a tournament t-shirt

How to Register: http://mwtecmo.com/register/

Tournament Rules: http://mwtecmo.com/tournament-rules/

Tournament Format: http://mwtecmo.com/tournament-format/

Hotels: A list of nearby hotels will be provided soon.

All information is readily available on our website at www.mwtecmo.com.

Questions: Please submit questions via email to [email protected] or on this forum.

View full article

Jason Aldean will be playing at Great American Ballpark that night with Florida Georgia Line/Miranda Lambert/Tyler Farr. Im going and so should you if you suck at tecmo!

We get to see one of them perform every year at Country USA here in my city..but country sucks :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Who is up for games the friday night b4 midwest? Also mort may need a travel partner as he may fly into detroit or chi the friday night b4 tourney....or take a bus thru cleveland and columbus i71 route. Ill be down there fri afternoon

Slight chance, but trying to make this trip happen. However, I'm attempting to include the wife this time around.

Does someone have an entertainment guide for Cincinnati, Cleveland? Trying to see if I could kill two birds with one stone on this weekend! Please and thank you!

cincy zoo is very nice...kings island....a reds game lol....maybe an opeta or some kinda musical gig...take her shopping man(for some reason women love clothes...shopping trip lol)...is there still drive thru liquor places on ky side? Edited by red98sethuthut

Slight chance, but trying to make this trip happen.  However, I'm attempting to include the wife this time around.

Does someone have an entertainment guide for Cincinnati, Cleveland?  Trying to see if I could kill two birds with one stone on this weekend!  Please and thank you!

Kings Island is a great place to hit up, as well as the Cincinnati Zoo. Fairfield is in the middle of the Cincinnati area, so travels wouldn't be more than 30 minutes to any landmark or special destination. Check out some of these if you're still considering making the trek, Eric: http://www.cincinnatiusa.com/ ... Kings Island has some record-breaking roller coasters. First-ever wooden roller coaster built (The Beast, 1979, and it's a great one) and the Banshee (the world's longest and fastest complete circuit inverted roller coaster in the world). Hope you can make it, Eric. You need to avenge your loss to Baby Vogt, who now has a broken ankle that will involve surgery tomorrow.

Edited by vogtcd11

Ill be staying at cousins a little north of cincy. Ill be down in the cincy area thursday night...hmu if anyone is up for games thurs night or Friday. Im picking mort up from the bus station in columbus ohio early sat morn. If anyone near columbus ohio (on there way to the tourney) could pick mort up id appreciate. If not ill get him

Edited by red98sethuthut

My thanks to vogtcd and company for running a great tourney. Congrats to reg, bigmv, mort and arnc for great runs. Congrats to ones11 and diaz in best of best. Altough I couldn't win a 50/50 ot toss (great thrilling game to watch)vs reg in round of 16....so the tecmo gods make up for it by letting me win the 50/50 drawing 3 times!!!! I got nice pair of tickets to the h.o.f. game (bills vs giants in canton).......it was great talking to david fulcher and brian blatos (who eagerly watched my game vs reg in round16).my games I decided adopt reg match up philsophy in action. Basically put ur best tier4 team in the match vs another tier4. So I put the saints in the mqtch 3 times in row. 2 blowoutwins then vs vogtcd (saints vs falcons) I had a bad game losing a lot to little. I win first knock game in rd32 jets over brown's then I faced reg. In rd of 16. We played 5 times in detroit and had some wild games. I was expecting jets vs ??? From reg if he won the toss and he won the toss called pitt vs jets. I decided to hitchup my wagon to the pitt defense and better special teams. He got ball first but held him on downs around my 40...had to punt 3 and out. I was worried having hard time moving the ball. He went long methodical drive scoring just before 7 o at half. I get ball at half....find some running room with a draw and right and a. I score with an arrow trick to bottom wr on 3rd and long 7-7...once again he drives down and scores 14 to 7 jets. Pitt down 7 with 3mins in 4th...eat up all clock get down 2 4th 1 he calls my play but I manage to get the yard and tie it two plays later. Ot he wins toss and gets a nice return....had em set up for a jj pick but he didnt take the bait...got down to 20 and finally caught me guessing run on a pass and scored to toon. Gg

Edited by red98sethuthut

Congrats to Kyle and Matt on their big wins. Kyle now holds the Madison and Midwest belts simultaneously, as Chet did in 2012. That's pretty tough to pull off, especially with the bullseye on your back.

Wish I could have attended, but needed to stay home with the newborn.