Tecmo Arena Bowl

First off, I wanna say kudos to all you dudes who make sure a game released 20 plus years ago is a million times more awesome than anything released in the last 5!

I always like coming on here and seeing what guys are working on, so many cool ideas, so I thought I would share some of mine...

A couple of weeks ago, my brothers and I got together for an Arena Football Fantasy draft (talk about football withdrawal after the NFL season) and we used a Rom that jstout, elway, and cxrom put together (Arena Football 2010) to set up a tournament to determine draft order.  I don't think I've had more fun playing a football game in my entire life, you guys did a smashing job on that rom!  Afterwards, I got started on updating teams, rosters, logos, ect... but as the new Arena season has started, I keep seeing little touches that I would like to add to the game.

Some things that I have been working on, and would like to add someday, include:

Adding dasher boards to the sidelines - I've gotten as far as restricting the movement so players can still step out of bounds, but go no further than the sideline, I hope to be able to at the very least change the green sideline to a black board - it would be really awesome if guys would bounce off if they hit it hard enough, but I gotta be realistic on that one :)

Changing up the look of the Field goal posts - this one should be mainly graphical, and probably will just be an "on the field look", but I definitely want to make kicking a lot tougher to mirror the real life game (I may just speed up the arrow)

This idea I think may be impossible, but I've seen guys do some ridiculous things with these roms, so who knows? It would be cool to be able to play kicks off the net (I don't know if kicking can be extended that far, and if you can even get the ball to come back that way, I wonder if it could be treated like a fumble? and could only happen on a maxed out kick).

I would also like to get my hands on a 2 pt conversion hack to add in, but not sure how difficult that is to do either...

Here's a few looks at some of the graphical changes, and after seeing the games this week, I noticed that a ton of teams who wore black helmets last year (thus the change to a white background on the team screens was a must) are wearing different colors this year, so I have a bit of re calibrating to do.

post-11235-0-60616800-1395101140_thumb.j

post-11235-0-72945900-1395101148_thumb.j

• 5 months later...

First off, I wanna say kudos to all you dudes who make sure a game released 20 plus years ago is a million times more awesome than anything released in the last 5!

I always like coming on here and seeing what guys are working on, so many cool ideas, so I thought I would share some of mine...

A couple of weeks ago, my brothers and I got together for an Arena Football Fantasy draft (talk about football withdrawal after the NFL season) and we used a Rom that jstout, elway, and cxrom put together (Arena Football 2010) to set up a tournament to determine draft order.  I don't think I've had more fun playing a football game in my entire life, you guys did a smashing job on that rom!  Afterwards, I got started on updating teams, rosters, logos, ect... but as the new Arena season has started, I keep seeing little touches that I would like to add to the game.

Some things that I have been working on, and would like to add someday, include:

Adding dasher boards to the sidelines - I've gotten as far as restricting the movement so players can still step out of bounds, but go no further than the sideline, I hope to be able to at the very least change the green sideline to a black board - it would be really awesome if guys would bounce off if they hit it hard enough, but I gotta be realistic on that one :)

Changing up the look of the Field goal posts - this one should be mainly graphical, and probably will just be an "on the field look", but I definitely want to make kicking a lot tougher to mirror the real life game (I may just speed up the arrow)

This idea I think may be impossible, but I've seen guys do some ridiculous things with these roms, so who knows? It would be cool to be able to play kicks off the net (I don't know if kicking can be extended that far, and if you can even get the ball to come back that way, I wonder if it could be treated like a fumble? and could only happen on a maxed out kick).

I would also like to get my hands on a 2 pt conversion hack to add in, but not sure how difficult that is to do either...

Here's a few looks at some of the graphical changes, and after seeing the games this week, I noticed that a ton of teams who wore black helmets last year (thus the change to a white background on the team screens was a must) are wearing different colors this year, so I have a bit of re calibrating to do.

Try the last 20.