Ryder Cup III

If this were to happen some one needs to step up and organize it. The previous two Ryder Cup were ran/organized by Josh and chet. In my opinion first thing we need to do is find out how much interest there is. At a minimum we would need 4 teams of 4. But It would be nice to see more. Basically we would need people to organize team captions set number of participants per team,try to get central location. And pick date. LAST would be figuring out game details

A list of possible teams, Madison, Neenah, Milwaukee, North Dakota, Detroit, Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, and possibly two teams from ohio.

I would definitely be interested in taking charge of a milwaukee team. Or playing with any team from Wisconsin.

If anyone has interest in running a team. They should step forward a let everyone know..

If this were to happen some one needs to step up and organize it. The previous two Ryder Cup were ran/organized by Josh and chet. In my opinion first thing we need to do is find out how much interest there is. At a minimum we would need 4 teams of 4. But It would be nice to see more. Basically we would need people to organize team captions set number of participants per team,try to get central location. And pick date. LAST would be figuring out game details

A list of possible teams, Madison, Neenah, Milwaukee, North Dakota, Detroit, Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, and possibly two teams from ohio.

I would definitely be interested in taking charge of a milwaukee team. Or playing with any team from Wisconsin.

If anyone has interest in running a team. They should step forward a let everyone know..

I think the ND boys are doing it in November aren't they!?  Chicago is an ideal location for this in my eyes.  I likely won't be able to make it to ND, but if something changes, you guys will all know about it!

Why not just do it weds...thursday.night on madison week. Everyone schdule your vacation and crank out.the rider cup on the week before the.madison tourney. Everyone goes to madison anyways.Someone besides josh and chet would have to run it...they way to much responbilty with the madison tourney. the idea is too double down on the madison week. Id try to round up a buffalo team ( me...d.t. lou r. "Raguo12" or jason p. "Laztlain" And mort) or n.y.c. team (brian r. "Choasrison" Scott s. Ryan k. Kevin s. "Taodos"). Conn. (Arconem, pete d. "cuban tecmo", etc)

Edited by red98sethuthut

Why not just do it weds...thursday.night on madison week. Everyone schdule your vacation and crank out.the rider cup on the week before the.madison tourney. Everyone goes to madison anyways.Someone besides josh and chet would have to run it...they way to much responbilty with the madison tourney. the idea is too double down on the madison week. Id try to round up a buffalo team ( me...d.t. lou r. "Raguo12" or jason p. "Laztlain" And mort) or n.y.c. team (brian r. "Choasrison" Scott s. Ryan k. Kevin s. "Taodos"). Conn. (Arconem, pete d. "cuban tecmo", etc)

i like the ryder cup but i'd rather for once do something less formal.  we should find a hotel and thurs-sun and just play whatever.  We book like 10-12 rooms for say 20 to 40 and just play.  Cash games, grudge matches, mini tourneys and lots of drinking.  Lots of tv's and nintendoes so you can play whatever whenever.  Sometimes I just get so sick and tired of formats which result in a lot of sitting around time.  Maybe enjoy the night life of wherever it is or do a few non tecmo things like go to a ball game for those that need a little breather time.

i like the ryder cup but i'd rather for once do something less formal. we should find a hotel and thurs-sun and just play whatever. We book like 10-12 rooms for say 20 to 40 and just play. Cash games, grudge matches, mini tourneys and lots of drinking. Lots of tv's and nintendoes so you can play whatever whenever. Sometimes I just get so sick and tired of formats which result in a lot of sitting around time. Maybe enjoy the night life of wherever it is or do a few non tecmo things like go to a ball game for those that need a little breather time.

that's Mayhem style! love it

The North Dakota guys are planning on hosting in November if memory serves. I'm sure they will post when they're ready.

For now, the Ryder Cup resides with the Neenah, WI crew (Skunker, Rik, Peter K, and the Kaiser) after they narrowly defeated Madison in Tecmo Ryder Cup II a few years back in edisaurus' garage in Minnesota. If only I would've beaten Sconnie...

The Neenah boys are talking about defending the trophy early this summer, likely hosting near Madison or central Wisconsin (Green Lake). If that's the case, we'll certainly let everyone know. Details very sketchy though.

Im sure some guys from the south might have some interest in attending but distance could be a deciding factor for us southern guys

TX,LA,AR area would probably include BgBoud, BayouBoy (Chad), Ashman and if I'm lucky maybe even me, but there are other guys down here that are plenty better than me that only attend tournaments close to where they live

Very true...... hmmm. I might try to get that going this fall. All though it might be with the southern states. Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama.

I will definitely start asking the southern tecmo guys if they would represent they're city or state (or home state because guys move) 

I would be more than willing to collaborate with another southern Tecmo guy to get this going.

"If you start it, they will play" ........... Damn not sure why I just typed that LOL

Edited by suicideking81