Factoids about TSB

tecmoman1

I know there are tons of them. And I know many of you know way more about this game then I do. I was hopin you all could add any you can think of. I will start off with a few, some pretty obvious...

Quickness and Acucuracy of passing attributes don't do anything at all.

Punt returner speed is determined by the teams safety (strong safety I think)

Lets hear them guys.....

"EDITED BY BRUDDOG TO MOVE FACTS TO THE TOP OF THIS POST"

BUGS

-Player 2 actual Ratings are what the "Physical Condition" indicator says, not the number ratings.

-Avoid kick block is not used...all kickers use the worst avoid kick block rating due to a bug

-Avoid pass block only uses the correct value if a cutscene does not come up

-Kick Returner Max Speed comes from the Right Tackle RT from the offensive line.

-Punt Returner max speed comes from the Strong Safety on defense.

-When QB overthrows the ball and the WR isn't close the QB's pass control isn't used but rather whatever is in the players player script. Basically none of the ratings will have any effect. 

-When the WR dives the game forgets to set the DB close to the ball. The defenders int ratings don't come into play at all.

-Recovering an onside kick as player 2 is near impossible due to the way the ball is kicked. 

UNUSED ATTRIBUTES

-Pass Accuracy does nothing.

-Quickness does nothing.

RATINGS

HP

-MAN Offense needs 50 or greater HP to popcorn COM defender.  (a 94 HP RB can popcorn a 44 or less HP COM defender)

-MAN Defender needs 50 or greater HP to flatten COM blocker. (a 63 HP defender can flatten a 13 HP COM blocker (or runner)

-Defensive line needs 25 or greater HP to bust through Offensive Line (COM).  (a 75 HP DL drone can popcorn a 50 or less HP OL drone)

-There is a 75% chance that a player coming to break up a grapple will be successful. 

-HP has no effect on who will win a man vs man grapple. Whoever has more presses will win with a tie going to the defense

INT/PC

-You need at least a 19 or greater INT vs PC difference to have a chance to jump intercept a QB. Low int players vs high PC players will whiff

when jumping often

BC

- 50BC is the average BC and is roughly a 4.2% chance of fumble.

- QB's, OL, and Punt returners have a default 44Bc rating which equals a 4.7% chance of fumble.

PS

QBs with 44-56 Passing Speed are in the sweet spot of throwing fast enough normal passes along with being able to throw deep balls that

can be jump caught. Typically faster WR's with decent REC are hard to defend on deep passes.

Game Play...(there are a shitload of these, especially regarding passing - INTs and CCs, and JJ, etc..but I don't have all that on me right now).  but here are some basic ones:

Player 2 actual Ratings are what the "Physical Condition" indicator says, not the number ratings.

Kick Returner Max Speed comes from the Right Tackle RT from the offensive line.

Punt Returner max speed comes from the Strong Safety on defense.

Pass Accuracy does nothing.

Quickness does nothing.

Plays...

COM QB scramble is from weighted-random chance in each Pass Play code - it has nothing to do with the QB or any ratings.

COM QB throws to receivers are based on weighted-random chance in each plays code.

some plays have HP boosts for blockers

HP...

Offense needs 50 or greater HP to popcorn COM defender.  (a 94 HP RB can popcorn a 44 or less HP COM defender)

Defense needs 50 or greater HP to flatten COM blocker. (a 63 HP defender can flatten a 13 HP COM blocker (or runner))

Defensive line needs 25 or greater HP to bust through Offensive Line (COM).  (a 75 HP DL drone can popcorn a 50 or less HP OL drone)

.....all I have time for right now

Edited by buck

well, if you'replaying MAN v MAN game, and Player 2 goes to look at his players condition screens during the game:

the ratings will sometimes not match what the PHYSICAL CONDITION indicator says...for example, the ratings might show BO as 31 63 69 MS, but the indicator says EXCELLENT....ignore what the ratings show and just know that he is indeed in Excellent and therefore his on field attributes will actually be 50 81 88 MS, etc.

Buck... What in the world does this mean!??? I'm dying to know ....

Player 2 actual Ratings are what the "Physical Condition" indicator says, not the number ratings.

Edited by buck

Buck... What in the world does this mean!??? I'm dying to know ....

He means you don't have to worry about any factoids at all if you just use Johnny Johnson of the Cardinals.........He defies ALL factoids, skill sets, and stats. 

• 1 year later...

Here's a cool one that happened to my brother twice in one game:

If you are in your own end zone looking to pass and you're near the sideline, if the pass gets blocked by a defender and goes out of the side of the endzone it's a SAFETY!

Needless to say, my borther was pissed, and I told him I had seen it before. The best part was when it happened to him again later that same game. What are the odds, right?

Edited by vikingmoe02

I'm pretty sure a safety happens any time a QB gets a pass deflected out of the endzone (out of the back or side of the EZ).  I'd call it a bug/oversight by the devs.

I'm pretty certain it's only when it goes out of the side of the endzone, not the back. Just like you can run out of the side of the EZ for a safety, but you can't run out the back.

• 2 years later...