TFO 2014 Season!!! Tecmo Fantasy Owners!!!

TheRaj

1381426132.jpg

It is TIME for another season of the most talk about Tecmo Owner's League!! That is right; TECMO FANTASY OWNERS!!!

Last season I had a dream... I wanted to make my OWN Nintendo game. But I am limited in my skills, and I want others to enjoy my work, so I decided to hack TSB and create my OWN football league.

Last season 24 owners submitted RPG like forms (with salary caps) and created and designed their own teams. Players, Playbooks, Colors, and even the Logo itself!!!! Owners had full range to create what they wanted. And then, instead of just releasing the .NES Rom, we instead hosted the WHOLE DANG SEASON on YouTube and off our TFO Website (http://tfofootball.weebly.com).

Last season the Westeros Guardians were able to defeat the Cleveland Steamers in an amazing matchup for the TFO Championship (Season 1 Trophy was the Shiva Bowl). We could have stopped their, I could have just smiled and moved on, but TFO is bigger then me and the owners DEMANDED another season!

Season Two will be bigger and better then ever! Now with 28 Teams, an entire 17 week schedule, and 5 weeks of Playoffs makes this the biggest season EVER (22 weeks). We will also be posting TWO Commentary games each week (Thursday Night Football and Sunday Night Football) along with non-Commentary games released on Sunday Afternoon, and our Pre-Weekly show TFO SportsCast!

Do you like Tecmo? Then you will LOVE TFO! Who will be the Season Two TFO Champion? Who will take the Ifrit Bowl? Who will be imortal?!?!?!?!

KICKOFF IS FEB 6th 2014!!!!!! Join us either here, or on our website, as we start our 22 week odyssey to crown the next TFO Champion!!!!!! And once the season is over we will be releasing the ROM file RIGHT HERE on Tecmobowl.org!!!!!!!!!

SEE YOU NEXT TECMO!!!!!!!

DOWNLOAD TFO FOOTBALL 2013 WHILE WAITING FOR THE 2014 SEASON TO START

Hey man. If you wouldn't mind parting with the info, Can you post your RPG forms?  The stat allocation stuff you talked about owners submitting.  Creating a team like that sounds really fun to me.  

Edited by Dusto

Sure. Here is the App. Owners had to make sure that they had no Errors in the Error Box (Bottom Right Corner) and that they were at or under their Salary Cap. They also got to watch a 4 game Pre-Season and then they got to change 5 Player Stats, Plays, Returners, and Superstar/Team Captains.

If you have any questions let me know. For everyone else TFO IS CLOSED as we have all 28 teams already. This is just to show how the Owners created their teams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks. We are experimenting with ideas as alot of people have asked about membership. Not sure yet but we might start making 3 roms; 2 for the different divisions and then a Playoff/Superbowl Rom for those who qualify. But all of that is up in the air right now.

• 2 weeks later...

The salary cap is to keep it so players are not overpowered. 10s cost about $4000 more then 9s so it makes it so owners don't want to top out all their guys.

The variety this season has been very good. Some amazing Run teams, some amazing Pass teams, and some awesome Defenses. Only thing Im really adding in Season 3 is better (possibly juiced) coverage for the defenses as the QB Intelligence just shreds them typically.

Also since this is a pure CPU league it stops some of the cheese :)

When you fill the form out you need to check the Bottom Right ERROR BOX to see how much of the salary cap you have used. If owners went over the salary cap I sent the form back to them. The form will let you max out all numbers, but then you will have used too much of your Salary Cap.

If you max out all Pts you will have used $3,242,000. The Salary Cap for 2014 was $1,200,000.

Yep got to have fun when it comes to Tecmo. And the owners get into it totally, I've seen grown men cry watching COM vs COM games and it is hilarious. It feels like they are really the owners because all they get to do is sit back and hope they spent their cash right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TFO 2014 ProBowl Announcements were this morning, and we have a hell of a field this season!!!!

2014 BAD CONF:
QB1, jim PLUNKETT (RAI) [2014 BAD OFF MVP]
QB2, rogue DEADGUY (TBG)
RB1, bo NERR (CLE) [2x ProBowler]
RB2, red WINGS (DUT)
RB3, la fin DUMONDE (TBG) [2x ProBowler]
RB4, grom HELLSCREAM (AZE)
WR1, willie GAULT (RAI)
WR2, vern TROYER (DWA)
WR3, liu KANG (MVK)
WR4, miguel PRADO (DEX)
TE1, tirion FORDRING (AZE)
TE2, the UNDERTAKER (WWF)

C, coors PREMIUM (TBG) [2x ProBowler]
LG, brat WARST (LN)
RG, jerry BRUDOS (SJ)
LT,  BABYTUGS (CB) [2x ProBowler]
RT,robot GUTSMAN (8BB)

K, aethas SUNREAVER (AZE)
P, tommy TWOTOES (LN)
KR, grom HELLSCREAM (AZE)
PR, miguel PRADO (DEX)

RE, mr. COMPLETELY (CLE)
NT, mr. PERIOD (CLE)
LE,  BESTFRIEND (CB)

ROLB, the DALEK (WHO)
RILB, vincent GODFREY (AZE)
LILB, greg VALENTINE (WWF) [2013 BAD DEF MVP]
LOLB, headless MONK (WHO)

RCB, demolition AZE (WWF)
LCB, earl BROOKS (SJ)
FS, anita BLACKDICK (CLE)
SS, tfo STUD (LN)

2014 MAD CONF:

QB1, the great GENIE (DIS)
QB2, mr. INCREDIBLE (PIX)
RB1, urdnot WREX (N7)
RB2, lightnin MCQUEEN (PIX)
RB3, river TAM (SER)
RB4, fiona APPLE (PW)
WR1, captain MORGAN (AA) [2014 MAD OFF MVP]
WR2, donte DROPPIT (CHA)
WR3, beatrix KIDDO (PW)
WR4, tommy DREAMER (ECW)
TE1, ethlin TENENBAUM (PW)
TE2, the HOUND (WES)

C,  princess MULAN (RBW)
LG, barrett WALLACE (MID)
RG, greatjon UMBER (WES)
LT, john CANDY (LBS)
RT, king PERSEUS (GRE)

K, skygod URANUS (GRE) [2x ProBowler]
P, tricera TOOTSIE (DBG)
KR, fiona APPLE (PW)
PR, tommy DREAMER (ECW)

RE, the BEAST (DIS)
NT, marlon BRANDO (LBS)
LE, suicidal SABU (ECW)

ROLB, f. GLOMGOLD (DBG)
RILB, titan CRONUS (GRE)
LILB, willy WILDTURKEY (AA) [2014 MAD DEF MVP]
LOLB, stinky PETE (PIX)

RCB, emerald WEAPON (MID)
LCB, mustapha SAED (ECW)
FS, jackie BROWN (PW)
SS, avatar JAVIK (N7)

========================================

CONGRATS TO ALL THE PROBOWLERS!!!! You can watch the official ProBowl Announcement Video on http://tfofootball.weebly.com! AND SEE YOU IN THE TFO PLAYOFFS!!!!

Edited by TheRaja

• 3 weeks later...

1703622.png?596

The TFO 2014 Season is coming to an end, and out of the 28 teams there are only two remaining!!!

===========================

>http://youtu.be/YiZBzue7U8w

In the BAD Championship it was the WWF Superstars (Seed 2) taking on the defending 2013 BAD Champion Cleveland Steamers (Seed 1). The Superstars were able to "hulk up" and take down the reigning BAD Champs 24 to 21!!!

>http://youtu.be/uSnhkjJ-FKc

In the MAD Championship it was the All-American Alkies (Seed 2) taking on the Normandy Defenders (Seed 1). The Defenders, a rookie squad, was able to take on the hardest liquors and still managed to end up on top 21-30!

2981409_orig.png

Now it all comes down to the TFO Ifrit Bowl! This year it will be held LIVE at the 16-Bit Bar in Columbus Ohio (July 6th @ 12:30pm). We will be doing LIVE Commentary! Who will win the 2nd TFO Championship? Will will be crowned with the Ifrit Bowl Trophy? Stay tuned to TFO (http://tfofootball.weebly.com) and find out! AND SEE YOU NEXT TECMO!!!!!!

Edited by TheRaja

• 2 weeks later...

TFO 2014 SEASON COMES TO AN END!!!

What a season! We finally had our big TFO Championship game (The Ifrit Bowl) this weekend and it was a blast! Check out the final game below:

>http://youtu.be/EetMA1hHj3E

And now the ROM is posted to Tecmobowl.org aswell!!! http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/379-tfo-football-2014/

Thanks for everyone who watched. Can't wait to come back with Season Three!!!

AND SEE YOU NEXT TECMO!!!!!