How do you fix the order of games played in a week?

cxm317

1. Tecmonster it's definitely not a glitch.

2. I consulted jstouts dissassembly files. Always valuable.

Here is the bank in question:

https://code.google.com/p/tecmosuperbowl/source/browse/branches/Bank26.txt

Scroll down to the note jstout added randomize week games. it starts off with

JSR L_D8F7 AND #$0F

This is a routine to update the random numbers and then it constrains the result to be from 0x00 to 0x0F or 0 to 15 in decimal.

Anyways we just need the end of the whole routine to randomize the games which is

JSR store_sram_checksum LDA #%11000000 STA PRG_RAM_PROTECT

RTS

So at 0x3220A paste in 20 B3 C4 A9 C0 8D 01 A0 60.

This will prevent the schedule from being random. You may need to do a season reset once to get it unrandomized but it should be good from then on.

View full article

I posed this same question a long time ago.  It's really weird that the randomization even happens.  I can't imagine how a programmer might think that was something that might add value to the game, so surely it's just a glitch that nobody ever cared to fix.  I've tried to figure out the pattern for HOW it reorganizes those games, but it just looks completely random to me. 

I am having the same exact issue.  I trying to run a tournament utilizing season play for injuries and stats.  To save on time I'm using two tvs. I have customized the schedule of the first 8 weeks on each ROM.  The timing of the games is everything because obviously the same player can't play two different games at the same time.  This is only thing that is holding me up.  Any ideas?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Through a lot investigating, it seems like the game reorganizes the following week based on the results of the previous week.  Seems a bit odd the programmers would put this in there.  My brain is fried trying to figure this out.  Hopefully someone can help me, I am at a loss.

I dont think its the holy grail of problems but realize there are only 2-3 people on this board that would even have a clue on how to fix this.

If they are busy or dont feel like spending hours of their free time trying to figure it out, it doesn't get looked at.

Thanks for letting me know that bruddog, that makes sense.  This stuff does look really complicated and involved.  I've been trying to learn the process myself.  Any thoughts on where in the hex coding I should be looking or what I should be looking for?

1. Tecmonster it's definitely not a glitch. 

2. I consulted jstouts dissassembly files. Always valuable.

Here is the bank in question:

https://code.google.com/p/tecmosuperbowl/source/browse/branches/Bank26.txt

Scroll down to the note jstout added randomize week games. it starts off with

JSR L_D8F7 AND #$0F

This is a routine to update the random numbers and then it constrains the result to be from 0x00 to 0x0F or 0 to 15 in decimal.

Anyways we just need the end of the whole routine to randomize the games which is

JSR store_sram_checksum LDA #%11000000 STA PRG_RAM_PROTECT

RTS

So at 0x3220A paste in 20 B3 C4 A9 C0 8D 01 A0 60.

This will  prevent the schedule from being random. You may need to do a season reset once to get it unrandomized but it should be good from then on.

This post has been promoted to an article

First of all.  Thank you so much for your response.  Truly incredible how much knowledge you have in this.

I'm using HxD editor and at offset 3220 this string is there:

A5 42 0A AA BC 5A 67 AD 5A 67 8C 5A 67 9D 5A 67

I should begin the paste at which column?, if I begin the paste at 0A like you stated above I should be starting it at 8C, which is three columns too far.  Am I missing something?

• 2 years later...

Nice! Just to make sure I am on the same page, if converted to a set command, this would read:

SET ( 0x3220A, 0x20B3C4A9C08D01A060)

It always bugged me when the schedule was out of order. If left to the default schedule in the original game, it will play the 1991 season pretty much in order with the last game usually being the actual game that was the Monday night game.