Requesting Critique of this TSB fanart/wallpaper

Buonvino

Hello, all.

Posted below are my 3D voxel recreations of Super Bowl XLVIII, in the 8-bit TSB style, that I've been doing much tinkering with lately. I would really appreciate any input regarding the tweaks I've made to the original sprites to make things more resemble Sunday's game, or just anybody's general impressions of what I did right and what I did wrong with these.

Some of the blatant alterations that I'd appreciate critique on:

- all the logos were altered to be more relevant to this SB

- how I went about doing the spectators and the tunnel area

- changing the colors of the goal post and first-down marker

- adding goal line pylons

- where I placed each "score area" and how I executed them

I'm not sure that I didn't alter some things a little too much; I'm kind of on the fence with several aspects. I figured tecmobowl.org would be the best place to show these works-in-progress to receive knowledgeable opinions. Thank you in advance to anyone who responds - Justin

post-11274-0-22963200-1390951952_thumb.p

post-11274-0-50427400-1390954543_thumb.p

Uh...wow. Looks spectacular.

The Tecmo score on the field looks odd.  I suppose if you want have it on the shot, that's the most logical place for it.

It took me a moment to figure out that was a "2" over the defensive player.

That's me trying really hard to come up with anything to change.

I wouldn't worry about your changes not being true to Tecmo...I've seen all of them made by people in the regular 2d version.

That's me trying really hard to come up with anything to change.

Yeah, nothing here either.  Maybe the score should be closer?  That's all I got.

(If Denver is leading 37-26 with 49 seconds left, this thing is perfect).

I love the addition of the pylons, as well...really cool.  We gotta get these into Tecmo.

Thank you for the feedback, guys. I appreciate it.

I went ahead and changed the score to 27-23, which is what my prediction actually is. Now watch, the game will end up  37-26 now that I've changed things. :razz:

I have an almost "OCD-ish" need to use every digit possible in the scoreboard, I hate leaving any numbers out. That's why the score was what it was; I've been doing that with all the TSB renders I've been making.

The full-sized renders (1920x1200) are on my Deviantart page now, in case anyone would want to download them for desktop wallpaper use: http://nes--still-the-best.deviantart.com/gallery/47932558

If anybody on the board is interested, I'll have a proverbial metric shit-ton of more true-to-the-game, circa 1991, TSB renders posted in the near future. Does anyone know the best approach to hosting a zip file with hundreds of the pics? I haven't really ever attempted something like that before. Example of what they'll look like: th_OilersvsSteelers_zps96db6d48.png