Seattle, WA - 04/12/14 - Pac-Rim Tecmo II

SirTed

How far are you guys from the location of my son's chess tournament?

Well, according to google it's 2.8 miles away... 8 minutes... looks like an easy drive.  Chess tourney ends in the early evening, so squeeze it in?

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Pier+91,+Magnolia+WA&daddr=3221+W+McGraw+St,+Seattle,+WA+98199&hl=en&ll=47.634714,-122.387481&spn=0.020012,0.049567&sll=47.639326,-122.39935&sspn=0.010005,0.024784&geocode=FZC91gId1pS0-CFd4xEOFV3pIynviN8CYxWQVDFd4xEOFV3pIw%3BFR7r1gIdilW0-CllvABggBWQVDFMafZoOQAoNQ&t=h&mra=ls&z=15

when you think about it, the fact that randy didn't even know the chess tournament was right down the street in Magnolia (usually in Vancouver, or Pasco, or Tacoma Dome most years) might suggest he wasn't serious about going to the chess tournament anyway, but just trying to use it as a tool to change the date...... if so, what a tool himself.  could be wrong, but it would absolutely be in character for him.

My wife and three kids will be with me, but I still would have tried to make this happen before this post.  Frankly, I'm bored with you.  I check this thread once every three or four days now and even then I just skim over most of what you post.  Between the personal attacks, league joins and quits, and phantom tournaments, I've just got better things to do than invest much into anything Manyo related.  Sorry.  I realize the onslaught of "Randy's scared" posts are coming, but I was sitting with Nestopia open and ready to go while you fumbled around with Nestopia and Twitch and couldn't get your crap together.  

So just say no thanks, I don't want to play at this tournament, Manyo...... it's not hard, and that way you wouldn't have to lie your way out of it.

glrw

Edited by manYo

I don't want to spend too much time on this. I love the idea of this rivalry and I think EVERYONE in the PNW and many outside it want to see a showdown. Pac-Rim II would be a great place for this to go down. I want you both to be there for competitions sake.

Randy, you won the tourney last year - and here's your chance to get the title belt back from Kamp. I can't believe you'd let this stop you from doing so. Not calling you chicken or whatever - my gut tells me that's not what's going on - but without a doubt I'd be surprised that a competitor like you would let it go down like that.

Manyo - you better check your rear view . While you sit around worrying about Randal the Scandal somebody's gonna jump up and steal "your spot " on the podium...you know - just like the last two tourneys

Practice?  PRACTICE?!??  Don't believe I've ever practiced at Tecmo in my life...... ALWAYS COMPETE, sucka!!!  No, we played something like 25 intense games in a row..... each of us went through our phases of nodding out from fatigue and over-consumption..... back and forth with the wins and losses we went, an absolute tecmo blast until 3 am or so...... in the end, I got him though....... kamp staggered to the couch, full on zombie mode.  pretty funny.  I raised my arms in victory, and proceeded to pass out myself.  Hahaha!  Good games, kamp, way too much fun.

Dude I was so wasted. Those last 3 games though was where I really started zombie mode, getting my was kicked in each one. Tbh at that point I was literally playing so I wouldn't throw up. Also had to stand a few times so as not to sleep. Every time you had any delay to pick your play I started throat sweating. No puke though. 

Awesome fun times. Outkast, Butthole Surfers, Cannonball Run, and Sublime made for great ambience. 

Manyo, my last suggestion was intended to help spark our tones up but damn. After a couple games I was toast. 

At one point I said to Manyo, "Damn I'm lit..." and was too lit to realize I hadn't finished with "up" or to say anything more with the non response from Manyo. 

Ps I'm in for March 1 if it's late again.

I can dish it out and I can take it with the best of them, but why anyone would possibly think that I would lie about going to my son's chess tournament is completely beyond me.  

I believe you, that wasn't one of the lies I was referring to after I posted that..... was referring obliquely to the myriad half-lies and truth-bends you've tossed around of late, which I have not wasted time to dispel because meh, it's the internet, you can have your Randy's World.

In fact, after I googled the location of the chess tournament, I looked up young master fairfield on the state qualifier list, so I figured you were probably going (my kids sometimes qualify as well but we never been to state because chess isn't too important to us, meaning too far to drive to get destroyed)....... I said I "could be wrong" about the chess tourney, anyway........ and you really should just try and talk straight sometimes, clever just isn't your thing, you left way too much open for interpretation...... so in the end, it was another shitty attempt at clever for you, and semi-poor attempt at trolling on my part, really....... and obviously you're not wrong to go to the chess tournament instead of the tecmo tournament.... I truly wish good luck to young master Fairfield at it.

but anytime you can, boy, I'll be ready and raring for our DET/CIN series...... believe dat...... so you're invited to Manyo's Mayhem 2, as well...... if ya got the yArbLeZ, that is!

^^^DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!  It sounded like you guys were confined to Cheech & Chong's green room!!!

TBK..... quit sniffing your GOT DAM fingers, man, and let us KNOW...... is you is OR is you aint...... IN or OUT for Manyo's Mayhem 2 !??!?!!

Start tuning up that turtle van, yo!!!

and i, of course, with my play picking google glasses......

and just received word that stu and probably his buddy joe gonna make it as well!!!

wow, TBK couldn't POSSIBLY not show up now, could he ??!?!

You guy's keep havn' these god dam* things on Saturday............BUT............Chances are lookin' good that I can make it.  (No promises)

I am a rookie to this site (and playing tournaments/etc...but I do know how to Tecmo) and had some questions regarding the Seattle tournament coming up.  I read the rules via Madison website, and I like the format (except for the whole non-running backs running as running backs...but rules are rules).  Are there any other rules that I might need to know about?  The rule regarding rushing with D-line (Lurching)...So I assume you cannot choose nose-guard and simply dive in?  does 'popcorning' mean you need to lock up (or bump off a locked-up lineman)?  Are the All-star/pro-bowl teams part of the tourney?  I would have to brush up some, especially on Bills and 49ers because when we get together, those are the only two teams we cannot play.  Are there rules to changing plays?  Anything that is weird?

Assuming you keep winning, about how many games would you play and how long would it likely last?

I would like to attend, but with 3 kids and all, could be difficult.  Oh, and to be sure, this is Tecmo Superbowl, not Tecmo Bowl, right?

Thank you for any insights.

Edited by gudor

I am a rookie to this site (and playing tournaments/etc...but I do know how to Tecmo) and had some questions regarding the Seattle tournament coming up.  I read the rules via Madison website, and I like the format (except for the whole non-running backs running as running backs...but rules are rules).  Are there any other rules that I might need to know about?  The rule regarding rushing with D-line (Lurching)...So I assume you cannot choose nose-guard and simply dive in?  does 'popcorning' mean you need to lock up (or bump off a locked-up lineman)?  Are the All-star/pro-bowl teams part of the tourney?  I would have to brush up some, especially on Bills and 49ers because when we get together, those are the only two teams we cannot play.  Are there rules to changing plays?  Anything that is weird?

Assuming you keep winning, about how many games would you play and how long would it likely last?

I would like to attend, but with 3 kids and all, could be difficult.  Oh, and to be sure, this is Tecmo Superbowl, not Tecmo Bowl, right?

You assume correctly regarding DL play. You cannot simply dive in. You must either engage with a OL yourself (lockup or grapple) or bump an OL / DL that is already engaged.

All the teams are available.

If you and I were going  to play, one of us would choose BOTH teams that would be playing head to head, and the other one of us would choose which team they would like to control.

So for instance, if you called a "49ers versus Bills" match-up, I would then have my choice of which of the two teams I'd like to control (leaving you with the other). This way, if you called an unfair match-up like "Seahawks versus Bills" or something, you would likely be stuck with the inferior team because I would choose the Bills.

Both players are welcome to change their teams plays prior to the game. Each player can also change his / her players out (for backup players) twice per half. - This is more a courtesy for time than anything else.

Tough to say how much time it would take, that all depends on final count of participants (I'd guess somewhere around 24). To make a title run, it would take you a few hrs, that's for sure. It's a family restaurant, so kiddos would be welcome. No matter what you decide, I'd love for you to come by and check it out. Always stoked to meet another PNW Tecmoer.

I am a rookie to this site (and playing tournaments/etc...but I do know how to Tecmo) and had some questions regarding the Seattle tournament coming up.  

Welcome! Look forward to meeting and playing you!

I read the rules via Madison website, and I like the format (except for the whole non-running backs running as running backs...but rules are rules).  Are there any other rules that I might need to know about?

The rule regarding rushing with D-line (Lurching)...So I assume you cannot choose nose-guard and simply dive in?

Correct, you cant be any of the 3 linemen and just dive in. You can however be a LB and simply dive in, generally LB 4 is the only one that instadives.

does 'popcorning' mean you need to lock up (or bump off a locked-up lineman)?

Basically, yes, bump off a locked up lineman.

Are the All-star/pro-bowl teams part of the tourney?

This was something I never even considered until Tailback King and Goal Line Landmine went with a Pro Bowl game that was EPYCKKKKKK!! So yes it's allowed, I guess. But generally you can only pick a matchup once. You may play a given matchup multiple times depending on if your opponent picks it, but you can only choose a matchup once.

I would have to brush up some, especially on Bills and 49ers because when we get together, those are the only two teams we cannot play.  Are there rules to changing plays?  Anything that is weird?

You can change the plays before the game. Generally there is a rule about limiting the amount of times you can check your players' conditions and/or substitute, but really this is more of a feel thing, meaning we're trying to NOT drag out the game. In the last championship game

I think you are looking at anywhere from 3-7 games? Last year I believe it went to about 6 or 7? My plan for any tecmo tourney is to bank on it being essentially an all day thing.

Yes TecmoSuperBowl! I hope you are able to make it!