Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

It's a little hard to make out the audio at times, but that vid is up on youtube, as is that classic quote.

TOP TEN TECMO PUNS or Expressions...10. Sterling Sharpe is ALWAYS OPEN...when the guy was borne he caught himself (source qb browns) 9. Whiskey Wade had to0 Much Whiskey (source kweh11) 8. Hey Barkeep: Ill have a "Wyman and tonic" (Source ????)...7. Earnest Byner goes to training camp (source tecmomadison.com) 6. In "Rod" We Trust (source knobbe) 5. Bad Bad "Lee Roy Hoard"..."He's condition is badder then whole damn town (red98sethuthut) 4. Operation Desert "Strom" (source tecmomadison.com) 3. Tecmo's Odd Couple Tippett And Lippett...Hey Lippett why don't ya "Tip it"...Hey Tippett why dont u "Lip it"!!! (source: red98, diaz) 2 Ive GoTta DoLlAr And A "Russ Grimm" (red98sethuthut). , 1. Louis you idiot...IM THE JETS at TecmoVI He went to jerry Championship Game (sources: mort, toolie)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAGWC2DoLnQ

...fuckin' Freeman McNeil...

So who's at what hotel?

The closest Fantasy Suite with an Egyptian theme is at the Dells and that is too far of a drive.

One of these days bruddog will respond to me and I can give our final details. The latest rendition has us splitting time between Super 8 East and Sheraton.

I am getting in Thursday night and am willing to party.

I hope to get Mort's autograph on my chest this year. *fingers crossed*

So who's at what hotel?

The closest Fantasy Suite with an Egyptian theme is at the Dells and that is too far of a drive.

A number of us are at the super 8 on hayes rd.  That's where I am booked.  Manyo might be there thursday.  The others I suspect will be filing in on Fri afternoon/ night.  I booked my flight last night and should get there around 10 pm cst if all goes well.  My bro will be there earlier as he has time off to drive.

The closest are the shearton and holiday inn express and I think at least 4 or five guys are still at the Sheraton.

8 bit is running an 8 man pregame tourney Fri.  they are at It will be at the Best Western: West Towne Suites (650 grand canyon dr. Madison, WI 53719)

no word on if there is any official pregame setup like last year at the Badger Bowl.  If there is I doubt I would be able to make it.

Edited by mort1237

no word on if there is any official pregame setup like last year at the Badger Bowl.  If there is I doubt I would be able to make it.

We have again secured a portion of the venue for Friday evening, so there will be lots of space and time for pickup games galore. Like last year, we'll also use this time to conduct early registration.  

Is bruddog the hands down favorite to take home Tecmo X?

He’s one of 10-15 guys that could win it, but there’s no hands-down favorite to win it this year. The gap between the elite guys and those in the tier immediately below continues to shrink, thereby making it more difficult than ever to string together 7-8 consecutive victories. When we were at the bar in Iowa, I told Chris V. that I thought we’d have two new guys in the Finals this year. I’m just not sure anyone can make three straight Finals against a field this competitive. 

Now that Bruddog has made an official registration, I count only two players left who the Tecmo world occasionally cries out to see at Madison:

fro30 (not the loudest cries, but there was a push last year)

JOEYGATS -- the loudest of loud cries for him to appear in Madison

I seriously doubt it.  I could almost take offense to this statement.

well Gats once blamed it on the D pad and he doesn't like the nes d pad.  It would kinda suck as a good player to go a 1000 miles knowing you won't be able to play your best once you get there.  That being said he could of course by an original Tecmo dogbone or find someone to turn a usb controller into a nintendo controller.  I'm pretty sure that if you can take the nes controller and make it to a usb one than the opposite is doable.

recently I bought the retro tecmo dogbone.  It sucks.  D pad is horrible.  Very badly made and a waste of the eight bucks I paid for it. 

O/U 1.5 : The number of Finalists (Championship game) that are drunk

I would definitely take the under.. I cansay for forsure but I know Jimmy was trashed for both of his his titles. Sobi,mort both sober.. Chet drinks but I don't think he's drunk.and Kevin Miller beat a hammered Josh h.

Edited by ryanr33fulcher

For Tecmo XI everyone should be administered a breathalyzer test. You must blow at least a .15 before you can start the 8 man double elimination round. Once single elimination round starts you have to blow a .20 and for the elite 8 you have to blow a .25.

Or

You could do a drunk tier system for team selection. The higher you BA is the better team you get to choose. So a guy who is really hammered (lets say has to blow a .30) gets to pick S.F. vs a guy who doesn't drink at all gets stuck with IND.

For Tecmo XI everyone should be administered a breathalyzer test. You must blow at least a .15 before you can start the 8 man double elimination round. Once single elimination round starts you have to blow a .20 and for the elite 8 you have to blow a .25.

Or

You could do a drunk tier system for team selection. The higher you BA is the better team you get to choose. So a guy who is really hammered (lets say has to blow a .30) gets to pick S.F. vs a guy who doesn't drink at all gets stuck with IND.

Love it! A more truer test to crown a winner of Wisconsin, I think not!

Now that Chet has won the Lincoln tournament, this is him walking into Madison

I’ll be walking in not with a Pete Carroll strut, but with a huge bullseye on my chest again. I may have to sublet an apartment for the next two months to ensure adequate prep in a female-free, Tecmo-friendly, and God-appeasing environment. Naturally, Cannonball Run will run on a loop in the background. 

Is bruddog the hands down favorite to take home Tecmo X?

He told me he hasn't played a lot lately and he certainly hasn't been playing a ton of original rom over the last several years.

He certainly has the ability to win it but unless he's actively training for this I wouldn't consider him a favorite.  You could say the exact same thing about Sohbi.