Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

To those who haven't registered yet: we've encountered an issue with our registration/payment process, and until further notice, are suspending registration.

We'll give you the go ahead when it's up and running again.

If you've already registered, you can disregard this.

To those who haven't registered yet: we've encountered an issue with our registration/payment process, and until further notice, are suspending registration.

We'll give you the go ahead when it's up and running again.

If you've already registered, you can disregard this.

While you wait

It is a sad sad day.  A sad day.  I cannot attend Madison Tecmo X: Gannonball Run.  I know nobody really cares except my BFF's from Lincoln/Omaha and North Dakota (and  they only care a little), but I've got work travel the week of February 17 and the week of March 3.  Can't sell my wife on missing 2 more nights in between and right before I'm gone for 4 days.  Unreal.  Come on lady, I wear the pants in this family!!! (don't tell her I said this)  Its bad enough she won't let me skip our anniversary for the Lincoln tournament this Saturday. 

Ugh.  Have fun guys, I'll be following on Twitter and twitch tv eating ho-hos and drowning my sorrows with scotchy scotch scotch.

Signed,

Depressed in Des Moines

Speaking from a Nodakian perspective, we care more than a little. Seeing the DotDon in action is one of the yearly rituals that the Nodak crew has become accustomed to. Drinking heavily and pressing buttons won't be the same without you. There would be room in one of our beds if push came to shove. Just sayin'.

Speaking from a Nodakian perspective, we care more than a little. Seeing the DotDon in action is one of the yearly rituals that the Nodak crew has become accustomed to. Drinking heavily and pressing buttons won't be the same without you. There would be room in one of our beds if push came to shove. Just sayin'.

Thanks buddy!  Even though I'm probably about even money to win this every year, I go for the people like you guys.  Awesome, funny, cool.  You don't see people like me in these kinds of numbers.  Be sure to tweet me updates.

Any news on fixing registration?

No good news, I'm afraid. In all likelihood, we won't have it back up until next week. We've ran into an issue with our payment processing vendor. We appreciate everyone's patience while we work on this.

Now that Bruddog has made an official registration, I count only two players left who the Tecmo world occasionally cries out to see at Madison:

fro30 (not the loudest cries, but there was a push last year)

JOEYGATS -- the loudest of loud cries for him to appear in Madison

Now that Bruddog has made an official registration, I count only two players left who the Tecmo world occasionally cries out to see at Madison:

There is traveling expenses and risk to think off.  I mean anytime you step out your door your taking a chance.  It can happen if you plan to travel a thousand miles or maybe about 5 to 10 miles.

Maybe we can all chip in and "sponsor" Gats.  He can pay us back by hustling peeps pre and post tourney.  I don't think he plays with a NES controller though, he'd probably need some training. 

If any players want to game the day before the big tournament, friday @ 4pm let me know. I'm trying to put together an eight player triple elimination practice tournament. As of right now I still need four players. Expect the tournament to run 2 1/2 to 3 hours, 8 players w/ 4 setups, 2 hotel rooms.

It will be at the Best Western: West Towne Suites (650 grand canyon dr. Madison, WI 53719)

Shoot me a PM, thanks and can't wait!!

TOP TEN TECMO PUNS or Expressions...10. Sterling Sharpe is ALWAYS OPEN...when the guy was borne he caught himself (source qb browns) 9. Whiskey Wade had to0 Much Whiskey (source kweh11) 8. Hey Barkeep: Ill have a "Wyman and tonic" (Source ????)...7. Earnest Byner goes to training camp (source tecmomadison.com) 6. In "Rod" We Trust (source knobbe) 5. Bad Bad "Lee Roy Hoard"..."He's condition is badder then whole damn town (red98sethuthut) 4. Operation Desert "Strom" (source tecmomadison.com) 3. Tecmo's Odd Couple Tippett And Lippett...Hey Lippett why don't ya "Tip it"...Hey Tippett why dont u "Lip it"!!! (source: red98, diaz) 2 Ive GoTta DoLlAr And A "Russ Grimm" (red98sethuthut). , 1. Louis you idiot...IM THE JETS at TecmoVI He went to jerry Championship Game (sources: mort, toolie)

Edited by red98sethuthut