Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

looking at google maps..is the sheraton -> badger bowl walkable? seems like a waste to take a taxi that short a distance

It's definitely walkable, distance-wise. I wouldn't call it "pedestrian friendly," though. Last year, a lot of guys just hitched a ride with others en route to downtown or the east side.

You wouldn't even have to change the name, but might as well for  "The Simon Fletcher Memorial Home"

Also

See Emile Play

Hey Uhlenhake

Have a Mosebar

Brian Jordan Damage

"Have a Mosebar" is gold. I can already see the tourney poster: Don Mosebar shaking hands with Jay Schroeder, who is of course on fire.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

It's definitely walkable, distance-wise. I wouldn't call it "pedestrian friendly," though. Last year, a lot of guys just hitched a ride with others en route to downtown or the east side.

To add to this, it is close enough, but with weather and the traffic, especially most likely drunk, I wouldn't try it.  The Sheraton does have a shuttle bus though, it could probably come pick you up.  I was going to use it last year...they said they would come get me but I never called. 

Your Guide to Win 'Madison Madness' | Midwest Tecmo Previews #TecmoX | http://mwtecmo.com/tecmo-x-the-gannonball-run-preview/

So you picked me to win my group, and Lou to not even advance? So now I'm even more into my head, psyching myself out with pressure, AND by predicting a Lou upset I'm afraid you're waking a monster. So, uh, "Thanks?"

(Great preview, though)

Yeah I walked it last year.  It's not terrible. Just keep in mind though that it's cold as shit out.  It's been single digits lately and I don't know how much it's gonna warm up by next weekend.

Has the t-shirt design for this year leaked yet? It's gonna be hard to top the Marino Royale shirt from last year.

We definitely won't top last year's shirts. You couldn't beat the Bond movie/Marino tie-in. This year, given the obscurity of the movie, we went back to a more simple shirt that's more reminiscent of Tecmo VII: The Hoss Whisperer.

Madison newbie here and my main question is about match up sheets. I am assuming that I would be responsible for making my own list of matchups to call? Or will there be a list provided?

You can call anything you'd like at any time, as long as you haven't called the same match up previously. For a list of team strength, I suggest you refer to tecmoplayers.com.

You can call anything you'd like at any time, as long as you haven't called the same match up previously. For a list of team strength, I suggest you refer to tecmoplayers.com.

or the database of live tourney games (esp. ones between experienced players that were close games) at tecmomadison.com and northeasttecmo.com...also mort's blog tecmo101.wordpress.com could probably help as we made random matchup cards for our buffalo tourney.

Edited by red98sethuthut

"Have a Mosebar" is gold. I can already see the tourney poster: Don Mosebar shaking hands with Jay Schroeder, who is of course on fire.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy? We call it Riding the Rod McSwain.