Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

I'm flattered Flo picked me for Group 10 runner-up.  I'd be thrilled if I could accomplish that.

Also there was a brewery at our beerfest down here the other week from Madison called One Barrel.  Their Bilbo Baggins Black IPA was outstanding.

Well done on the article as a whole.  Very impressive, but I can't help but feel slighted by the lack of love for Group 31.  I can understand if you're growing weary of typing near the end of all that, but Jesus, some of these groups have term papers for their comments.  And to top it off, I'm apparently not even making it out of group play this year.  You apparently aren't aware that I was once in the background of an NFL Films presentation, rooting on my buddy as he brought down bestinworld.  And I've gotten my ass handed to me by two eventual champions.  Believe you me...I will make that round of 32 before some Tecmo legend mops the floor with me!

Was your buddy Pro Bowl Jessie Tuggle?

Is anybody left at the Sheraton? Seems like everybody moved to the Super 8

If that's the case, don't sweat it, Kweh. The Sheraton is a nicer hotel, it's much closer to the venue, and you can play as many warm-up games as you like on Friday night at Badger Bowl after early bird registration.

Group 28 checking in. I'm glad to be considered in the most talented group, but I'd much rather be in the most talentless group. Looks like I'll either be carrying momentum into single elimination or carrying around liquor drinks in both hands watching single elimination. Either way, can't wait til tourney time.

Your profile pic is amazing! #GanonballRun

Edited by sonofpatbeach

That's one hell of a write-up, Flo. I'm particularly impressed with the brackets. Certainly this has not gone unnoticed from the Tecmo gods. Perhaps this is the year you channel your Ryder Cup magic, and steamroll into the Final 4.

Thanks. I thought so too.

Link Floyd- Shine On You Crazy Rupee

The Dark Side of Hyrule

#GanonballRun

Some Pink Floyd tourney names we've considered:

Wish You Were Greer

Astronomy Doleman

The Great Riggs in the Sky

Comfortably Drummond

Rufus & Them

A Momentary Lapse of Reasons

War Griggs

Careful with that Axe, Eugene

Griggs on the Wing

Learning to Vai

The Dogs of Warren

Another Brick in the Walls

Shine on You Crazy Dimry

Bring the Cowboys Back Home

Run Like Heller

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Woodson

A Saucerful of Seahawks

Edited by sonofpatbeach

Wish You Were Greer

Astronomy Doleman

Comfortably Drummond

Rufus & Them

War Griggs

Griggs on the Wing

Learning to Vai

The Dogs of Warren

Shine on You Crazy Dimry

Run Like Heller

A Saucerful of Seahawks

You wouldn't even have to change the name, but might as well for  "The Simon Fletcher Memorial Home"

Also

See Emile Play

Hey Uhlenhake

Have a Mosebar

Brian Jordan Damage

Wish You Were Greer

Astronomy Doleman

Comfortably Drummond

Rufus & Them

War Griggs

Griggs on the Wing

Learning to Vai

The Dogs of Warren

Shine on You Crazy Dimry

Run Like Heller

A Saucerful of Seahawks

Could've added Free Fourcade. And I believe you threw a Sabbath tune in there - War Griggs.

I cant believe we are in SINGLE DIGITS til this is going down. Holy crap I'm so pumped.

And I can't believe 256 people are actually showing up for a Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament in 2014, 20+ years after the game's release. My mind is blown. Can't wait to view the sea of TecmoX t-shirts accented with various Eat Shit Orenga memorabilia.

Proposal- During the Championship game, the lights are dimmed (except for a single light over the two finalists) and Darude's "Sandstorm" is blasted over the speakers on repeat for the duration of the game. Intensity.

Proposal- During the Championship game, the lights are dimmed (except for a single light over the two finalists) and Darude's "Sandstorm" is blasted over the speakers on repeat for the duration of the game. Intensity.

techno super bowl,,,,,dont forget about bout the glo-sticks

And I can't believe 256 people are actually showing up for a Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament in 2014, 20+ years after the game's release. My mind is blown. Can't wait to view the sea of TecmoX t-shirts accented with various Eat Shit Orenga memorabilia.

It blows my mind every year when I see how many people are signed up and committed to going.

I will also be bringing some shirts for sale again this year.

The same as the team select screen that we brought last year. People bought them all up real quick, so I figure I should bring more this year.

2FUNUXF.png

On black t-shirts.

j2jkU3F.png

A request from Odell from the awesome thread on the forums here -- http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56255-tecmo-hall-of-fame-the-official/ On red shirts.

xJnfxko.png

We did some hoodies last year that really didn't sell. If you have any comments, critiques, or suggestions don't hestistate. These are going to be done this week some time, if my buddy hasn't already started. Also, people who haven't attended tournaments have asked about buying some in the past. I'll try and have something figured out for people who won't be attending who might want a shirt.